Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #16
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Shane Carwin And Roy Nelson To Coach Next Season Of 'The Ultimate Fighter'

Shit choices for TUF, by the way.

Was hoping for Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort, or Nate Diaz and Anthony Pettis/Gray Maynard.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #17
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Shane Carwin And Roy Nelson To Coach Next Season Of 'The Ultimate Fighter'

I'd watch a Pettis & Diaz season.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #18
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Agreed primate
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 02:22 AM   #19
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Roy's way too small for HW, he could easily drop to 205 or less.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Carwins not going to outwork Nelson. He's not going to KO him either. I'm going with Nelson by UD or late TKO.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 03:59 AM   #21
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

I forsee a fired-up Carwin beating the living shit out of Nelson in the first round, but failing to stop him. Then crashing hard and getting stopped due to exhaustion, or being too tired to mount a real offense as Roy outworks him (just barely ) down the stretch.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #22
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

The first round should be real fun.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 135

Carwin is like Brock Lesnar if he didnt have a glass chin and he had huge punching power

Carwin is incredible toughness and the same size as Brock.
TerryESB is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #24
One Punch KO
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Still can't be arsed watching TUF, but this is a great fight.

Rooting for Nelson, he might well pull the upset here.
One Punch KO is offline  Top
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #25
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I really don't see how Roy can win this.

Do people really think he's gonna take the beating, then come back after Carwin gasses?

Roy will be just as gassed.

How they **** could he win after that?
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #26
Travis Fulton
The Ironman
ESB Jr Member

carwin lost to brock...
Travis Fulton is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #27
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

This will be a barnburner in the first round then they will be to gassed to do shit
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #28
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Carwins not going to outwork Nelson. He's not going to KO him either. I'm going with Nelson by UD or late TKO.

Carwin has the most atrocious stamina I have ever seen. He is literally a 1:30 fighter. Get him out of the first few minutes of the fight and he is toast.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #29
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Carwin has the most atrocious stamina I have ever seen. He is literally a 1:30 fighter. Get him out of the first few minutes of the fight and he is toast.
In all fairness, he did manage to get up after getting flattened by Cigano in the 1st round, and then made the final bell. It takes cardio to rise again after getting hammered on the ground, and then to fight through the next two rounds suffering the after-effects of that.

Don't get me wrong, Carwin's performance vs Lesnar was probably the most disgraceful display of stamina ever seen in a high-level combat sports contest, but the reason Shane came in lighter in his next fight was to ensure his cardio was better. And it was.

Still, I don't think he has the resilience to match Roy and it'll be him who wilts first.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #30
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Don't get me wrong, Carwin's performance vs Lesnar was probably the most disgraceful display of stamina ever seen in a high-level combat sports contest, but the reason Shane came in lighter in his next fight was to ensure his cardio was better. And it was.
Yeah, I think against Brock it was as much psychological as it was physical though.

I mean, it was his first title fight, and he spent most of the round beating the absolute shit out of the most famous MMA fighter on the planet. For most of the round he was one punch away from stopping Brock and becoming the champion, and he knew it. He must have been going crazy in there.

So he got all hyped up, he punched himself out, and then between rounds he crashed HARD and had nothing left. He's never had great stamina, but it's never been THAT bad either. I reckon it was in a large part down to the adrenaline and the excitement of the moment.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum