Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336
Default When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

This guy used to be fast on his feet in out with fast combos, what has/is Roach turning Khan into, A puncher??

Total foolish gameplan from Team Khan last night, no feints, not enough jabs, flat footed, no bouncing around the ring, poor defence not covering up, in the pocket too long.

Khan needs a long hard look at everything, his whole set up, and people around him like tager Saj, the guy is a complete dick head.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

Khan is done bro, let it be, kids need to be taught slickness from the age of 5 bro, fast mcflurries can only get you so far, and how the **** can Khan call himself a Punjabi, the dude ain't got no chin and giraffe legs.
chilli&lemon is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

Would you still fancy him against Cotto then?
Old 07-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

I think they wanted to make an impression on Garcia and force him back. Khan can't handle pressure and so I think they must've been trying to make Garcia hesitant to come in. I think they wanted to hurt him early.
Khans footwork has always been terrible, just his hand speed covered the flaws.
I give Khan immense credit for trying to get back in the fight after KD 1, as that 1 punch was a finisher, and he took another heap after that.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

They made a ridiculous error in thinking they could knock Garcia out. The dude ate Holt's best damn weapon like it was nothing!

I haven't even watched the fight (don't think I will) and know what it looks like. Terrible terrible set-back for Khan. No Mayweather for him, that's for sure.

The difference between Khan and guys like Ward, Russel Jr, Froch, Haye, Malignaggi, Garcia and so on is that these guys have a boxing brain! I've listened to all of them and they know how to break down an opponents strengths and weaknesses and their own, but Amir does not. He's just not smart enough, unfortunately.

I could tell he was in for a tough night against Peterson and Garcia when I heard them intelligently assess Khan in what he does and how to beat him. Amir just does what the man in the corner tells him to do - he can not think enough for himself. He can't adapt and Garcia did.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's not really his body at fault, it's his mindset, you are not a big puncher you are a boxer, lifting some weights don't make you a power puncher.

He fought the wrong fight, Maidana and Peterson on same par power as Garcia if not more, but at least for most part Khan was moving around the ring and if was getting caught it was when he was moving back, not getting caught flat footed chin in the air.

It is a long way back now for him, if he can't change then yeah he should call it a day.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Peter__1987

vCash:

Mate, he's always been in danger of getting sparked.

Just you, and 1 or 2 others couldn't see it.

Welcome to the real world
Old 07-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
They made a ridiculous error in thinking they could knock Garcia out. The dude ate Holt's best damn weapon like it was nothing!

I haven't even watched the fight (don't think I will) and know what it looks like. Terrible terrible set-back for Khan. No Mayweather for him, that's for sure.

The difference between Khan and guys like Ward, Russel Jr, Froch, Haye, Malignaggi, Garcia and so on is that these guys have a boxing brain! I've listened to all of them and they know how to break down an opponents strengths and weaknesses and their own, but Amir does not. He's just not smart enough, unfortunately.

I could tell he was in for a tough night against Peterson and Garcia when I heard them intelligently assess Khan in what he does and how to beat him. Amir just does what the man in the corner tells him to do - he can not think enough for himself. He can't adapt and Garcia did.
Khan needs to rid himself of the yes men around him - he needs to get up to Loughborough Uni and get some help off of them for his mental as well as physical frailties - they've helped Chris Hoy, Matthew Pinsent et al in the past fine tune their performances - Tabares don't know shit, I said it all along, it's just that when he starts talking all scientific, guys get mesmerized and feel he knows what he's talking about. He don't know shit! Where did he study? That will tell you alll you need to know.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
It's not really his body at fault, it's his mindset, you are not a big puncher you are a boxer, lifting some weights don't make you a power puncher.

He fought the wrong fight, Maidana and Peterson on same par power as Garcia if not more, but at last for most part Khan was moving around the ring and if was getting caught it was when he was moving back, not getting caught flat footed chin in the air.

It is a long way back now for him, if he can't change then yeah he should call it a day.
Nah, man. Maidana really is not a big of a puncher than his record suggests. The Ortiz fight might suggest that he's a monstrous one, but par that fight, he has struggled after that to cleanly stop anyone. Amir continuously took Maidana's punches in the 10th and was still on his feet. If you looked at the weigh-in last night, Garcia's shoulders were ****ing huge compared to Khan's. Amir is just a skinny lad, sadly.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
Mate, he's always been in danger of getting sparked.

Just you, and 1 or 2 others couldn't see it.

Welcome to the real world
Old 07-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
spud1
HAWK TIME!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Khan is deluded he believed he could take anyone's shots as was too willing to trade after he survive a few of maidanas and petersons bombs.

He need a long break, needs to stop this 147 talk and fight some domestics and tough Europeans to get more experience with fighters who he will beat but not totally lay down for him.
spud1 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #12
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Nah, man. Maidana really is not a big of a puncher than his record suggests. The Ortiz fight might suggest that he's a monstrous one, but par that fight, he has struggled after that to cleanly stop anyone. Amir continuously took Maidana's punches in the 10th and was still on his feet. If you looked at the weigh-in last night, Garcia's shoulders were ****ing huge compared to Khan's. Amir is just a skinny lad, sadly.
This reminded me of Prescott all over again, note how back then ****** got some guy to do weight with Khan and make him this puncher, Khan lifts some weights again and thinks he is a puncher, just stick to what you know best box and move.

Khan kept this at range, easy UD win.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #13
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Khan has been criticised for not sitting down on his punches enough, bouncing around on his toes too much and throwing too many pitter patter arm punches. I don't think sitting down on his punches was the problem, because he did well for the first couple rounds. Freddy talked about 3 punch combinations max, before getting out again. Khan has flaws like leaving himself open to shots after throwing but it's his mentality of wanting to fight like a Nigel Benn that's the biggest problem. What he did was working, then I guess he became overconfident and wanted to get the guy out of there. After he was hurt he didn't try to survive but went toe to toe.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

he has little ring intelligence. to stand inside and trade hooks was madness as it was the one way Garcia could have won that fight.

Its nothing to do with 'Team Khan'. Its Amirs own ego and buying into to that 'macho' bullshit.

He needs to learn and work within his abilities. Its like Leonard standing there and trading with Hagler because he wanted him to. Except Leonard chose the right fight for himself.
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #15
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

15 generations of inbreeding will do that to you, Angel Garcia was right, Khan's DNA is ****ed!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum