Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli&lemon View Post
Khan needs to rid himself of the yes men around him - he needs to get up to Loughborough Uni and get some help off of them for his mental as well as physical frailties - they've helped Chris Hoy, Matthew Pinsent et al in the past fine tune their performances - Tabares don't know shit, I said it all along, it's just that when he starts talking all scientific, guys get mesmerized and feel he knows what he's talking about. He don't know shit! Where did he study? That will tell you alll you need to know.
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmanc1986 View Post
he has little ring intelligence. to stand inside and trade hooks was madness as it was the one way Garcia could have won that fight.

Its nothing to do with 'Team Khan'. Its Amirs own ego and buying into to that 'macho' bullshit.

He needs to learn and work within his abilities. Its like Leonard standing there and trading with Hagler because he wanted him to. Except Leonard chose the right fight for himself.
Exactly. When Khan beat Kotelnik it was a boring fight but very effective. I still think Garcia was a fight Khan should have won.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
Peter__1987

vCash:

You know the game's over for Khan when even Lazarus and Go Getta aren't defending him anymore
Old 07-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #19
Kell Brook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 150

Quote:
15 generations of inbreeding will do that to you, Angel Garcia was right, Khan's DNA is ****ed!

I don't like Khan but that is uncalled for.
Kell Brook is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #20
Philphy Rich
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
This reminded me of Prescott all over again, note how back then ****** got some guy to do weight with Khan and make him this puncher, Khan lifts some weights again and thinks he is a puncher, just stick to what you know best box and move.

Khan kept this at range, easy UD win.
Garcia not allow him to keep it at range, even easier KO win.
Philphy Rich is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #21
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

^I believe Laz predicted a Garcia win, something not many of us thought would happen. Fair play to him. I remember when he first joined the forum he was getting stick for being a Khan nuthugger that had no knowledge of boxing.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #22
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
You know the game's over for Khan when even Lazarus and Go Getta aren't defending him anymore
It's a shame he got the natural abilities, but his head is all messed up, too much balls and ego.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell Brook View Post

I don't like Khan but that is uncalled for.
It's true, i'm also British ****stani, but my heritage is from one of the big city's, lahore. The majority of British Paks are from Mirpur, Jhelum or Pindi, they are renowned for intermarrying in the family (to keep the wealth in, and for their loyality to clan culture). I've studied genetics in depth at uni, inbreeding is a no no my friend, especially if its's been going on for generations. It ****s your DNA up literally, Angel Garcia was right.
chilli&lemon is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #24
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphy Rich View Post
Garcia not allow him to keep it at range, even easier KO win.
Khan was trading not moving around like he usually does, Garcia was clueless when Khan was catching him from range.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #25
zeppelin
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

His build looked like it was against prescott a big upper body and thin legs. He also fought like he did against prescott all fronting up and macho, the result was also the same as it was against prescott. Garcia's dad got inside his head, he was an emotional fighter last night, slugging it out, not a smart one. He has certain gifts: speed and fitness and heart, but he also has weakness, which are mainly mental, he cannot think strategically on his feet. And a lack of discipline and immaturity which as made him fight with his ego.

If he carry's on like this he will get hurt. He needs to come back to the UK and have re think. If he doesn't cannot or won't listen to Freddie Roach it might be time to get a new trainer. He needs to get rid of the hangers on and get back to harsh reality, and begin to think for himself.
zeppelin is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #26
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
His build looked like it was against prescott a big upper body and thin legs. He also fought like he did against prescott all fronting up and macho, the result was also the same as it was against prescott. Garcia's dad got inside his head, he was an emotional fighter last night, slugging it out, not a smart one. He has certain gifts: speed and fitness and heart, but he also has weakness, which are mainly mental, he cannot think strategically on his feet. And a lack of discipline and immaturity which as made him fight with his ego.

If he carry's on like this he will get hurt. He needs to come back to the UK and have re think. If he doesn't cannot or won't listen to Freddie Roach it might be time to get a new trainer. He needs to get rid of the hangers on and get back to harsh reality, and begin to think for himself.

Very good points, top post.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #27
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Khan's done at the elite level, he should just retire and enjoy his money - Devon, Bradders, Lamont, Victor, Josesito, Brook, Berto would tap that ass, he has no chin nor the intelligence to protect it.
chilli&lemon is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #28
tom1081
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Khan needs to rid himself of the yes men around him .
Agreed. For some boxers having an entourage that blows wind up their ass 24/7 is a good thing (Mayweather, Hamed, Jones Jr). However in my book Khan is not as confident as those boxers, and needs real advice from his team. Moronic ramblings from the likes of Saj do him no favours whatsoever.
tom1081 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #29
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Also I don't think his chin is that bad, that's the first time at 140 and first time since Prescott back in 2008 Khan got KD.

It's was a well timed and well placed(under his ear on the neck) punch, that would of put most 140 fighters on their bums, Khan in the next round took many clean shots on the chin, his chin is not the main problem, it's his mindset and defence.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #30
Chuckle Vision
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

he throws that big telegraphed uppercut than he inserts into his flurries to 'surprise' his opponent, and he cant get his hands back quick enough
Chuckle Vision is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum