Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #31
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

I'm going to rewatch it now, I didn't get the impression he waged war with Garcia. I was lying in bed half a kip . But i did notice he started ok, got clipped a fair bit with aggressive one punch counters by Garcia and never seemed to be bothered. Just wanted to land on Garcia. When really he should of been thinking about how to attack without being countered but then that leads back to ring IQ and Khan just isn't a thinking fighter.

One thing though, I think it was round 3 before the KD i notice he pulled full guard quite quickly and ''rested'' briefly. Found it strange as Garcia wasn't swarming him.

Going to rewatch it as i said, i'll post up if i feel it's different to first view. I personally didn't think the Gameplan was the problem. It's Khan's lack of care/disregard for his opponents ability and Roach's inability to progress Khan onwards after a very good start.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #32
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947
Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

When I was on the way to Malta last week, the guy next to me was reading a boxing magazine and there was a quote from Khan bolder saying "I love to brawl" and I said to him that it would be Khan's downfall. I did think he would stop Garcia last night though, didn't think he'd be the one to really beat Khan like that, but credit to him. Khan has a lot to think about.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #33
Peter__1987

vCash:

Khan is just too damn brave for his own good
Old 07-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #34
zeppelin
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Very good points, top post.
Thanks. I think Khans next fight has to be in the UK now. If he wins it will begin to rehabilaite him. If he loses it could be the end of his career. He has some options, Brook might be one, even Prescott might be a fight which now might worth doing in the UK. He should beat Prescott easy but it will be any easy sell for TV and will 'avenge' a loss and will look good.

I don't think he should look for a return with Garcia yet, until he sorts himself out. Gets the right fitness trainer, and trainer and knows how he wants to fight. I don't he is the fighter he wants to be, he wants to be a big puncher and go toe to toe, rather than use his jab and speed to chalk up the rounds and win. He will need to get over this notion if he wnats to get into the ring with big punchers.

He seems back in the position he was in when he fought Oisin Fagin!
zeppelin is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #35
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I'm going to rewatch it now, I didn't get the impression he waged war with Garcia. I was lying in bed half a kip . But i did notice he started ok, got clipped a fair bit with aggressive one punch counters by Garcia and never seemed to be bothered. Just wanted to land on Garcia. When really he should of been thinking about how to attack without being countered but then that leads back to ring IQ and Khan just isn't a thinking fighter.

One thing though, I think it was round 3 before the KD i notice he pulled full guard quite quickly and ''rested'' briefly. Found it strange as Garcia wasn't swarming him.

Going to rewatch it as i said, i'll post up if i feel it's different to first view. I personally didn't think the Gameplan was the problem. It's Khan's lack of care/disregard for his opponents ability and Roach's inability to progress Khan onwards after a very good start.
Gotta' agree with Skillz, here. Khan WAS boxing. But he was being a little careless with it. I said from the beginning he needs to watch himself when running in because Garcia, being a decent counterpuncher, will look to punch WITH him.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #36
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli&lemon View Post
It's true, i'm also British ****stani, but my heritage is from one of the big city's, lahore. The majority of British Paks are from Mirpur, Jhelum or Pindi, they are renowned for intermarrying in the family (to keep the wealth in, and for their loyality to clan culture). I've studied genetics in depth at uni, inbreeding is a no no my friend, especially if its's been going on for generations. It ****s your DNA up literally, Angel Garcia was right.
yes... but then it also seems to give some positivies apparently - like fast hands? big mouth?
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #37
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin View Post
Thanks. I think Khans next fight has to be in the UK now. If he wins it will begin to rehabilaite him. If he loses it could be the end of his career. He has some options, Brook might be one, even Prescott might be a fight which now might worth doing in the UK. He should beat Prescott easy but it will be any easy sell for TV and will 'avenge' a loss and will look good.

I don't think he should look for a return with Garcia yet, until he sorts himself out. Gets the right fitness trainer, and trainer and knows how he wants to fight. I don't he is the fighter he wants to be, he wants to be a big puncher and go toe to toe, rather than use his jab and speed to chalk up the rounds and win. He will need to get over this notion if he wnats to get into the ring with big punchers.

He seems back in the position he was in when he fought Oisin Fagin!

Yeah he needs to make it clear in his head he is not a puncher and does not have a great chin, work with your strengths and protect your weaknesses.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #38
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:

Yeah he needs to make it clear in his head he is not a puncher and does not have a great chin, work with your strengths and protect your weaknesses.
A COMMON SENSE POST

I am so proud of you, i could literally cry

Please don't turn stupid again when Khan wins his comeback fight against a featherfisted bum
Old 07-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #39
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:

That is all he needs to do.

Look at Wladimir, he has shielded his weaknesses, so can Khan.
glue glove is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #40
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
A COMMON SENSE POST

Please don't turn stupid again when Khan wins his comeback fight against a featherfisted bum

Khan vs Matthew hatton for some intercontinental, interim silver bronze gold Wba/Wbo tiltles is next.
shenmue is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #41
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by glue glove View Post
That is all he needs to do.

Look at Wladimir, he has shielded his weaknesses, so can Khan.
That's actually a great comparison to be fair.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #42
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli&lemon View Post
Khan's done at the elite level, he should just retire and enjoy his money - Devon, Bradders, Lamont, Victor, Josesito, Brook, Berto would tap that ass, he has no chin nor the intelligence to protect it.

he wouldn't lose to all of them, no way
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #43
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Quote:
A COMMON SENSE POST

Thanks

I wind up people on GF, on Brit I try keeping it real.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #44
Geddy Lee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
yes... but then it also seems to give some positivies apparently - like fast hands? big mouth?
and a complete wanker
Geddy Lee is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #45
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3166

Quote:
Khan is just too damn brave for his own good
fine line between brave and stupidity
ashishwarrior is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum