Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #61
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

Spencer Fearon ‏@Spencer_Fearon

@AmirKingKhan @asifvali Listen to the operative word CONditioner I rest my case no further questions your honor
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #62
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

can we all just admit he is not elite level now,he is world class no doubt,but like a lot have said he has big flaws to compete with the best which we have found out,i hope to god he don't move up,he would be ****ed
widdy is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #63
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
This guy used to be fast on his feet in out with fast combos, what has/is Roach turning Khan into, A puncher??

Total foolish gameplan from Team Khan last night, no feints, not enough jabs, flat footed, no bouncing around the ring, poor defence not covering up, in the pocket too long.

Khan needs a long hard look at everything, his whole set up, and people around him like tager Saj, the guy is a complete dick head.
I was searching for a thread like this !!!

Khan " HAS TO " leave Freddie and the wild card gym ?? why ??

Ill tell you why , Khan is making mistakes that rookie amateurs make , he's not slipping or rolling shots , his right hand is level with his shoulder when he throws a left hook and at least 2 inches away from his body let alone his chin , he doesn't step off after he throws , he doesn't faint , he doesn't roll out of a combo , he's stopped doubling up his jab , he isn't twisting into his hooks particularly his left hook , his hands and chin are in incorrect positions when (defensively) after every single combination he throws , the list goes on

All this , is relevant , why ??? because its stuff he was doing as a 10 & 0 pro , even before Prescott !!! , If your coach is happy with you cutting corners , then you will cut corners , if your coach is happy that your prep and particularly the sparring and game plan is correct and has been done " the right way " you will believe it , a fighter will look for ways out of doing things the " right way " , because the right way is always the hard way !! Roach has taken his eye off the ball with Khan it was so obvious during on the ropes it was actually borderline unprofessional

Added to that its actually stuff he'd looked to of cut out of his game until Peterson , these habits have gotten worse not better , actually worse , how is that possible ?? COMPLACENCY , the Amir Khan that danced around Kotelnik and wouldn't even dream of throwing a left hook would of bashed Danny Garcia into next week , without taking any damage too

The Wild Card is no longer a home for well trained animals improving every day , its Freddie Roach's celebrity corner , its the place that Vogue suggests you go if you want to box , its the fashionable alternative to the Kronk gym !!!! , he's lost it , and i want Khan to leave him

I stated to SkillsPayBills i believe that " if Khan has gone backwards , Garcia will beat him " well i think we all can state unequivocally that Khan has gone backwards !!!

He needs a fresh start , he needs to put the WC and FR behind him

Edit; i find unfamothable that Khan could stand in front of an inside fighter and fight predominantly an inside fight with a guy who could of only beaten him on the inside !!! , WTF is this bullshit !!! how did it happen !!! Roach has to go and Khan needs to ****in humble up and get ****ing real , or he's gonna get flattened again and again and again !!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #64
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

pedro diaz , floyd snr , manny steward and ronnie shields should all be on his list of next destinations
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #65
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaboilc lion View Post
pedro diaz , floyd snr , manny steward and ronnie shields should all be on his list of next destinations
That man right there is who Khan needs
Old 07-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #66
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by glue glove View Post
That is all he needs to do.

Look at Wladimir, he has shielded his weaknesses, so can Khan.
I think Wladimir has about 15x the brain capacity of Khan.
Also he RIGHT away realised he needed a defensive coach unlike Khan who went to a coach that made him even MORE offensive minded.

Add to that Wladimir can actually get away with fighting like a puncher because well.... he has monster 1 punch KO power.
Khan only has speed and just enough power to keep someone honest.

Their boxing IQs are also lightyears apart.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #67
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post

Ill tell you why , Khan is making mistakes that rookie amateurs make , he's not slipping or rolling shots , his right hand is level with his shoulder when he throws a left hook and at least 2 inches away from his body let alone his chin , he doesn't step off after he throws , he doesn't faint , he doesn't roll out of a combo , he's stopped doubling up his jab , he isn't twisting into his hooks particularly his left hook , his hands and chin are in incorrect positions when (defensively) after every single combination he throws , the list goes on

All this , is relevant , why ??? because its stuff he was doing as a 10 & 0 pro , even before Prescott !!! , If your coach is happy with you cutting corners , then you will cut corners , if your coach is happy that your prep and particularly the sparring and game plan is correct and has been done " the right way " you will believe it , a fighter will look for ways out of doing things the " right way " , because the right way is always the hard way !! Roach has taken his eye off the ball with Khan it was so obvious during on the ropes it was actually borderline unprofessional

Added to that its actually stuff he'd looked to of cut out of his game until Peterson , these habits have gotten worse not better , actually worse , how is that possible ?? COMPLACENCY , the Amir Khan that danced around Kotelnik and wouldn't even dream of throwing a left hook would of bashed Danny Garcia into next week , without taking any damage too

The Wild Card is no longer a home for well trained animals improving every day , its Freddie Roach's celebrity corner , its the place that Vogue suggests you go if you want to box , its the fashionable alternative to the Kronk gym !!!! , he's lost it , and i want Khan to leave him

I stated to SkillsPayBills i believe that " if Khan has gone backwards , Garcia will beat him " well i think we all can state unequivocally that Khan has gone backwards !!!

Edit; i find unfamothable that Khan could stand in front of an inside fighter and fight predominantly an inside fight with a guy who could of only beaten him on the inside !!! , WTF is this bullshit !!! how did it happen !!! Roach has to go and Khan needs to ****in humble up and get ****ing real , or he's gonna get flattened again and again and again !!!

Yep good points.

Yes the Khan which fought Kotelnik was a striaght punching fencer type boxer working everything off the jab, even double or triple it up, no hooks or staying in the pocket.

The Khan we saw last night was a different fighter, so I also sense this wild card gym and Roach are not improving the flaws/mistakes which Khan should not be making this there.

Khan needs a fresh start, he needs to go back to the boxing style which suits his strengths, this is his wake up call, I just don't understand the mind set of Khan, so much was on the line, a Mayweather fight was on the other side yet he was so reckless and unprofessional about his job, pressing Garcia so much just in the 3rd rounds, why not beat him up slowly from range and press him later in the fight the natural way, he always seems in the rush to press and over commit leaving himself open for counters when the other guy is fresh and in the first half of the fight.

He has to wise up, take time out, and make some bold decisions about his future and his boxing team setup.

Last edited by Go Getta; 07-15-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #68
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Double post.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #69
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Good post. I don't believe that Khan took it easy or slacked off, he's just flawed, and these flaws still haven't been corrected. I also noticed in the Lamont Petersen fight that Freddy's Parkinsons seems to be getting worse and IMO he's becoming harder to understand.

The sparring thing on behind the ropes was shocking. Khan was sparring as if he was Arturo Gatti and Roy Jones rolled into one. Freddy was away from the gym that time, and no one else was able to give Khan a bollocking and tell him to cut that shit out. He was having a war in there, almost like he's trying to prove to people that he's a fighter.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #70
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yep good points.

Yes the Khan which fought Kotelnik was a striaght punching fencer type boxer working everything off the jab, even double or triple it up, no hooks or staying in the pocket.

The Khan we saw last night was a different fighter, so I also sense this wild card gym and Roach are not improving the flaws/mistakes which Khan should not be making this there.

Khan needs a fresh start, he needs to go back to the boxing style which suits his strengths, this is his wake up call, I just don't understand the mind set of Khan, so much was on the line, a Mayweather fight was on the other side yet he was so reckless and unprofessional about his job, pressing Garcia so much just in the 3rd rounds, why not beat him up slowly from range and press him later in the fight the natural way, he always seems in the rush to press and over commit leaving himself open for counters when the other guy is fresh and in the first half of the fight.

He has to wise up, take time out, and make some bold decisions about his future and his boxing team setup.
I used the term complacency , this wasn't Khans wake up call , Peterson was Khans wake up call , and he or his head coach didn't step up to the plate , instead what happened ?? Khan preceded to blame everything on Peterson being juiced up instead of saying hey Freddie i didn't look so good against Peterson here boss ??!! , WTF happened

I use Kotelnik as my prime example of Khan going backwards , in that particular fight he was still scared shitless of losing , and protecting his chin that i can hardly remember him throwing a hook , not a single hook , and Roach was vehement in his instruction , he was like a man possessed , both of them were , possessed about the fact Khan was now a different fighter , and using and developing a style that can carry him among the elite of boxing

Well all that has been flushed down the toilet because both of them have got complacent , its as simple and as cut and dry as that

And yes Khan should be firing double jabs out for fun , infact the double jab should be Khan's bread and butter !!! , its a very very effective technique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Good post. I don't believe that Khan took it easy or slacked off, he's just flawed, and these flaws still haven't been corrected. I also noticed in the Lamont Petersen fight that Freddy's Parkinsons seems to be getting worse and IMO he's becoming harder to understand.

The sparring thing on behind the ropes was shocking. Khan was sparring as if he was Arturo Gatti and Roy Jones rolled into one. Freddy was away from the gym that time, and no one else was able to give Khan a bollocking and tell him to cut that shit out. He was having a war in there, almost like he's trying to prove to people that he's a fighter.
Thank you

Khan is flawed , but Tommy Hearns was flawed , the big problem and ill repeat its a catastrophically big problem is that Khan has started to go backwards , his flaws / bad habits are now worse than they have ever been , his ego is now bigger than it has ever been !!! , it needs to change , he needs to change , his coach and team needs changing , its not working

He has stopped working on his flaws and started to believe he is a fighter he's not , thats down to one man !! his head coach , a head coach who knows his fighter is flawed in several areas needs to press on them flaws , not rely on his man to iron them out himself , its his job to keep the kettle boiling , its his job to ram home the points and tactics , its obvious this isn't happening , very obvious
Old 07-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #71
norfolkinchance
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yep good points.

exactly. jab , occasional cross, take no risks until he is beaten up and is 10% slower, ther edge has gone from the power etc.

irritatingly stupid approach!
norfolkinchance is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #72
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

some very good posts here.

one thing i would say in addition though is that the maidana and to a much lesser extent peterson lulled them into a false sense of security. they thought 'hey, we dont need to just play safe, we can get in the pocket and fight too, coz khan can now take shots and wont just collapse in the ring' they decided to work on amir offensively and make him this quick combination puncher who moves in and out of range, but lacks fundamental defence. his performaces is wild card gym wars probably influenced them too, thinking if khan can mix it with pacquiao he can do anyone at 140. the wild card sparring seems to be quite insignificant when it comes down to bouts judging linares, pacquiao and khans defeat of late, yet allegdley brilliance in the wild card.

the performances against maliggnaggi and old judah just help paper over the gaping cracks in his technique.
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #73
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo5 View Post
some very good posts here.

one thing i would say in addition though is that the maidana and to a much lesser extent peterson lulled them into a false sense of security. they thought 'hey, we dont need to just play safe, we can get in the pocket and fight too, coz khan can now take shots and wont just collapse in the ring' they decided to work on amir offensively and make him this quick combination puncher who moves in and out of range, but lacks fundamental defence. his performaces is wild card gym wars probably influenced them too, thinking if khan can mix it with pacquiao he can do anyone at 140. the wild card sparring seems to be quite insignificant when it comes down to bouts judging linares, pacquiao and khans defeat of late, yet allegdley brilliance in the wild card.

the performances against maliggnaggi and old judah just help paper over the gaping cracks in his technique.
Very true , every word !!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #74
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Very true , every word !!!!
Yes deffo Peterson was the wake up call, and Khan had been saying in the build up to this fight that he has learnt from his mistakes from the Peterson fight, he clearly did not.

What gets me the most is this non moving flat footed approach, that's just asking for trouble vs a counter puncher, if Roach approved this then he is deffo losing it.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #75
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolkinchance View Post
exactly. jab , occasional cross, take no risks until he is beaten up and is 10% slower, ther edge has gone from the power etc.

irritatingly stupid approach!
That's it.
Go Getta is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum