Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #76
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Yes deffo Peterson was the wake up call, and Khan had been saying in the build up to this fight that he has learnt from his mistakes from the Peterson fight, he clearly did not.

What gets me the most is this non moving flat footed approach, that's just asking for trouble vs a counter puncher, if Roach approved this then he is deffo losing it.
Go Getta ,

Your missing the point mate , Khan flat footed and static is a disaster against anyone , the lad has no inside fighting game , offensive and defensive , he cannot fight on the inside

This has just been highlighted in the biggest possible way , and Freddie Roach knows this , he knows what his man can and cannot do , he knows what his opponent can and cannot do , they've switched off , both of them !!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #77
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336
Default Re: When was Khan a flat footed Puncher? What was being worked on in camp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Go Getta ,

Your missing the point mate , Khan flat footed and static is a disaster against anyone , the lad has no inside fighting game , offensive and defensive , he cannot fight on the inside

This has just been highlighted in the biggest possible way , and Freddie Roach knows this , he knows what his man can and cannot do , he knows what his opponent can and cannot do , they've switched off , both of them !!!
It's just shocking at this level, Roach and Khan both thought this would be a simple job, it could of been but these guys ego's are too big I guess.

Same thing vs Peterson too, fighting a guy like that in his backyard, Khan is not superman.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #78
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
It's just shocking at this level, Roach and Khan both thought this would be a simple job, it could of been but these guys ego's are too big I guess.

Same thing vs Peterson too, fighting a guy like that in his backyard, Khan is not superman.
If I'm honest , I'm still in a state of shock at how bad it was
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #79
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
If I'm honest , I'm still in a state of shock at how bad it was
Me too
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #80
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Being flat-footed wasn't Khan's problem. Khan being his usual predictable self, was.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #81
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

He's done he needs to pack it in. he's not the fighter he thinks he is.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #82
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

Quote:
Me too
you need to STFU, and start been a fan of boxing instead of Fanboy, your full of shit coming online claiming khan has the beatings of fighters like mayweather, marquez, pacquiao,bradley, cotto and then crying like a little bitch when he gets stretched.
either talk sense or **** off.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #83
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza12 View Post
True. I did think to myself "has he started to plateau?" before last night.

It's interesting because now we think of it, when I think of Freddie Roach recently, I think Pacquiao, Chavez Jr, Israel Vazquez. Guys with great chins who come forward, take shots and throw leather at a hundred miles an hour.

Its pretty clear now Khan has settled into this style, he has become more of a fast-paced volume puncher at the end of the day. He even taps his gloves and chin when hurt...

Everything he does from here depends on if he wants to be an Arturo Gatti type, or Amir Khan. But your also right when you mention his heart. Insane amounts of the stuff, but he's almost a glutton for punishment now, like he's forgotten what's good for him!
Good post, Amir is still a child, Speaking to a mate who posts here he said he sort of lives in a sheltered life. He's not helped him mature the lad i think's to far gone to accept full how stupid he's been in the ring. When he lost to Prescott it was best thing to happen to him because he humbled and if your from a religious background you'd know how important being humble is. He worked so hard, developed so well but since winning a world title he's slowly fell back into bad habits and maybe wins against Judah and Maidana have clouded his thoughts on himself.

He must use last night as a final reminder and really concentrate, stop the big talk. Stop the flossin' and get in that gym and get nut down!

I think Roach has come out of his training prime as well BTW, with his illness i'm not sure he can get back on the road properly but i think his work has deteriorated for various reasons.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #84
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathmanc1986 View Post
he has little ring intelligence. to stand inside and trade hooks was madness as it was the one way Garcia could have won that fight.

Its nothing to do with 'Team Khan'. Its Amirs own ego and buying into to that 'macho' bullshit.

He needs to learn and work within his abilities. Its like Leonard standing there and trading with Hagler because he wanted him to. Except Leonard chose the right fight for himself.
Spot on
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #85
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

man whats khan excuse his kebab was too spicy the night before leave him be he's done
Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #86
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
you need to STFU, and start been a fan of boxing instead of Fanboy, your full of shit coming online claiming khan has the beatings of fighters like mayweather, marquez, pacquiao,bradley, cotto and then crying like a little bitch when he gets stretched.
either talk sense or **** off.

Full of shit?? Me

At least I don't have some mad racist aganda and talking shit 99% like you, this really only Khan's 2nd loss, as for me he beat PEDerson plus that will be a N.C soon anyway.

You win some lose some it's all part of boxing the sport that I love, so you can go **** yourself you dumb clown.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #87
Peter__1987

vCash:

You don't love boxing, you love Khan.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #88
Lionheart1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli&lemon View Post
It's true, i'm also British ****stani, but my heritage is from one of the big city's, lahore. The majority of British Paks are from Mirpur, Jhelum or Pindi, they are renowned for intermarrying in the family (to keep the wealth in, and for their loyality to clan culture). I've studied genetics in depth at uni, inbreeding is a no no my friend, especially if its's been going on for generations. It ****s your DNA up literally, Angel Garcia was right.

Lahore that's the city what is renowned for its whores and pimps,at least in the cities you have mentioned above they know who there fathers are unlike lawhoreites.
Lionheart1 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #89
Its me you see
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli&lemon View Post
It's true, i'm also British ****stani, but my heritage is from one of the big city's, lahore. The majority of British Paks are from Mirpur, Jhelum or Pindi, they are renowned for intermarrying in the family (to keep the wealth in, and for their loyality to clan culture). I've studied genetics in depth at uni, inbreeding is a no no my friend, especially if its's been going on for generations. It ****s your DNA up literally, Angel Garcia was right.
You dont need a uni degree to know that.
Its me you see is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #90
RoughD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1807

khan couldnt punch through a wet paper towel
no chin...no power
RoughD is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum