Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350
Default Give the credit the Garcia family deserves

Mind blowing some of you lot. Down playing the win of Garcia already.

Load of bollocks about Khan losing due to overlooking his opponents. OK Khan is a victim of his own hype at times, but he is only looking to fight the best out there and put on a show for fans.

Recognize Khan lost the fight because of his own flaws. Garcia landed some mean punches due to Khan walking on to them, not because his mind was elsewhere. He was fully focused on Garcia.

I picked Khan mopping the floor with Garcia last night and got it wrong. I lost a large sum of money betting on Khan, but I accept Garcia is just perhaps the better fighter and done a fantastic job last night.

So give the Garcia's the credit they deserve you fags.

Garcia took Khan out with some mean left hooks that most fighters would have put most fighters on their backside. You cunts claiming Khan was elsewhere is absurd. Those shots were f*cking devastating that Garcia landed. Frightening shots.
Flexe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Give the credit the Garcia family deserves

Yep Garcia's have to take credit, With many losses it's a bit of both. Like in football the old adage 'Show me a goal, show me a mistake' goes hand in hand with boxing for most part IMO. Fighters make mistakes, and sometimes win but Garcia made him pay.

Khan saying it was a 'blind punch' was silly, Danny saw it and sat on it, that's why his head goes down further. Watch the snap as well after the punch on Garcia's arm. Nasty way he whips it after he's thrown it!.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
The Chameleon Boxer
Hot Prospect

vCash: 1005

I totally agree. I was watching the round 3 without sound and you could see that Garcia had his number. Although Khan was faster and throwing more flurries, every time Garcia connected, he took something away from Khan. Khan was too straight and forward fighter and Garcia was going to eventually land flush and when he did, Khan went down hard.

The other thing was, Khan just didn't have the power to hurt Garcia's solid chin. He might not be the quickest fighter, but Garcia has more power and a better chin than anyone Khan has fought. Those two factors mean that he would KO khan 10 out of 10 times.
The Chameleon Boxer is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I give the credit to Angel Garcia
s.sarwar7 is online now  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Yep Garcia's have to take credit, With many losses it's a bit of both. Like in football the old adage 'Show me a goal, show me a mistake' goes hand in hand with boxing for most part IMO. Fighters make mistakes, and sometimes win but Garcia made him pay.

Khan saying it was a 'blind punch' was silly, Danny saw it and sat on it, that's why his head goes down further. Watch the snap as well after the punch on Garcia's arm. Nasty way he whips it after he's thrown it!.
Yup and I'm sick of the excuses. I'd say Khan lost due to fundamental flaws, something I've been saying all day on the forum.

You know what? This kind of reminds of brutal KO Williams suffered at the hands of Martinez. You watch closely and you'll find the overhand right was being thrown again and again. He knew Williams was a sucker for that shot and it landed. I expect Martinez was working on that same overhand right for months prior to the fight. Practice makes perfect. Martinez perfected the overhand right for months. And there you had it. I think he even stated how Williams left himself open for it.

Seems like people pay absolutely no attention to what is actually in fights. If someone is KO'D it's usually a lucky punch, but I'd say its a fighters flaw being exposed. Again, we see a fighter picked off by a single punch due to their homework.

Angel Garcia wasn't lying. He knew Khan was a sucker for the left hook. Watch Danny throw it. Head down and putting leverage behind it as Khan comes in.

Lucky punch? Load of cobblers I say.
Flexe is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

i like his dad,he is a sound bloke he talks bollocks but he always has a sparkle in his eye when saying it
and his son seems sound as well,****ing great left hook.
im a bit pissed off had rounds 10/11/12 at 20/1 for garcia to ko khan :(
widdy is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #7
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
i like his dad,he is a sound bloke he talks bollocks but he always has a sparkle in his eye when saying it
and his son seems sound as well,****ing great left hook.
im a bit pissed off had rounds 10/11/12 at 20/1 for garcia to ko khan :(
his dad talks bollocks? everything his dad said was proven to be true
s.sarwar7 is online now  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Gotta admit you're right.

Khan didn't lose the fight, Garcia won it, brutally.
glue glove is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
btahthezone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Khan lost to a good fighter i knew what would be said when i lost the fight bout Khan making 'errors'. creadit where its due he lost to a better fighter
btahthezone is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.sarwar7 View Post
his dad talks bollocks? everything his dad said was proven to be true
did it?
no flying carpet for king khans clan

need i go on,now **** off to have a little cry under you many posters of khan you little twat
widdy is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
critix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Khan got owned... bad!

Garcia.. what a puncher, what power.. but I don't think he's a great fighter by any means. Pacman or Flyod would easily destroy him..
critix is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

credit to them but Angel is a cunt
mishima is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

I give Danny Garcia credit, great win and wish him luck

but his dad is an utter, utter twat and I hope he dies a slow and painful death
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #14
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

I have to give massive credit to Garcia, he told us exactly how the fight would go and he went in the ring and used textbook boxing fundamentals to execute his plan.

He stood his ground and used timing to land hard shots on a lightening fast combination puncher. From as early as the first round you could see that Garcia knew what he was doing, and had been landing or narrowly missing hard counters almost everytime Khan threw more than 2 punches.

I look forward to seeing more of Garcia and seeing what he has and how much he can develop.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #15
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexe View Post
Mind blowing some of you lot. Down playing the win of Garcia already.

Load of bollocks about Khan losing due to overlooking his opponents. OK Khan is a victim of his own hype at times, but he is only looking to fight the best out there and put on a show for fans.

Recognize Khan lost the fight because of his own flaws. Garcia landed some mean punches due to Khan walking on to them, not because his mind was elsewhere. He was fully focused on Garcia.

I picked Khan mopping the floor with Garcia last night and got it wrong. I lost a large sum of money betting on Khan, but I accept Garcia is just perhaps the better fighter and done a fantastic job last night.

So give the Garcia's the credit they deserve you fags.

Garcia took Khan out with some mean left hooks that most fighters would have put most fighters on their backside. You cunts claiming Khan was elsewhere is absurd. Those shots were f*cking devastating that Garcia landed. Frightening shots.
Garcia takes credit for banging Khan on target with a counter left hook , that was there the whole fight , the opportunity was there from the opening exchange of the fight literally !!!

The kid is a good well rounded solid pro who looks to have a very good career ahead of him

But ill maintain , if Khan fought the kid at length and engaged in straight punched only , with a high output , Garcia's will would of been broken by round 8 , and Khan would outpointed him handily

Thats my honest opinion
thewinfella is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum