Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Well done Boxnation and FW

I thought last night was absolutely superb.

Everything about it was why I love boxing. A heavyweight stadium fight where both came to bring it, a magnificent atmosphere.

Buffer doing the intro's...with his "London, England ARE YOU READY!"

Not ashamed to say, I got goosebumps, it reminded me of Bruno at Wembley stadium. The rain seemed to even add to the occasion.

The BBBofC need to watch that fight and the event and realise the fans got what they wanted.

So *****y if you are reading this, thank you for a top night and everyone at Boxnation. I personally thought it was far better and far more real than Sky's coverage as well.
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Re: Well done Boxnation and FW

Agreed, they put on a good show.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

good show , smith might not be 'all that ' as a boxer but he is a good comentator
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Black_Rainbows
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I thought they put on a good show, with good build-up, so yes, "well done" to BoxNation.

They should have had a better undercard and maybe 5 hours of live boxing for a show that big, but to be fair, they did have the BBBofC working against them.

Really, it's just good to see that the BBBofC, the EBU, and the ever-present risk of training injuries, couldn't stop this fight from taking place.
Black_Rainbows is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
sunny
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I paid about 230 for 2 ticket on the pitch. When the fight was about to start everyone on the pitch left their seats and crowded round the ring. Alot of people were standing on the chairs and my mrs couldn't see a thing. There were no (or very few) stewards on the pitch at all. There were some patroling where the ring walk happened and ringside but none on the rest of the pitch. It was a good atmosphere but we pretty much missed the anouncements and first round altogether. we had to fight our way to the side so she could get a view by leaning over the barrier. Am a bit pissed off about it to be honest. Ive been to fights before and i know it can get a bit wild but i reckon they could have sorted a few more stewards/security on the pitch to atleast get the ****ers to get down from standing on their chairs, half the people there had slipped passed the few stewards round the edge (having paid alot less) and probably got a better view than my mrs and me.
sunny is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #6
punchdrunkgench
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

some really good positives and only one negative (the undercard was well below par imo) however that doesnt detract from overall great nights entertainment which run smoothly and had a good mix of guests i was pleased to c cleverly and price there and whilst they arent naturals in front of the camera i enjoyed there input as i did buncey as well, i reckon the fight and the way it was pressented may lead to boxnation keeping a fair few first time subscribers may keep their subscription for a few months so lets hope fw continues to give us nights like last night even he must see that giv the public what they want and they will pay him well for doin so
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
I paid about 230 for 2 ticket on the pitch. When the fight was about to start everyone on the pitch left their seats and crowded round the ring. Alot of people were standing on the chairs and my mrs couldn't see a thing. There were no (or very few) stewards on the pitch at all. There were some patroling where the ring walk happened and ringside but none on the rest of the pitch. It was a good atmosphere but we pretty much missed the anouncements and first round altogether. we had to fight our way to the side so she could get a view by leaning over the barrier. Am a bit pissed off about it to be honest. Ive been to fights before and i know it can get a bit wild but i reckon they could have sorted a few more stewards/security on the pitch to atleast get the ****ers to get down from standing on their chairs, half the people there had slipped passed the few stewards round the edge (having paid alot less) and probably got a better view than my mrs and me.
Sorry to hear that mate, I do think that comes with the territory a bit with stadium fights though, hope you still had a good night
Old 07-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchdrunkgench View Post
some really good positives and only one negative (the undercard was well below par imo) however that doesnt detract from overall great nights entertainment which run smoothly and had a good mix of guests i was pleased to c cleverly and price there and whilst they arent naturals in front of the camera i enjoyed there input as i did buncey as well, i reckon the fight and the way it was pressented may lead to boxnation keeping a fair few first time subscribers may keep their subscription for a few months so lets hope fw continues to give us nights like last night even he must see that giv the public what they want and they will pay him well for doin so
Undercard was below par, but understandable with the BBBofC etc.

I really enjoyed Clev and Pricey, I'm finding I much prefer boxnations coverage than Sky's now
Old 07-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
sunny
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashalasha7 View Post
Sorry to hear that mate, I do think that comes with the territory a bit with stadium fights though, hope you still had a good night
Yeah. Have never been on the pitch at a stadium fight before, probably won't bother again. We were rooting for Del as well. lolz.
sunny is offline  Top
Old 07-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Well done..

I have been subscribing for 2 months, and i was unaware of this.

I will be watching Steve Bunce Boxing hour from now on live, instead of waiting for somebody to put it on youtube.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #11
red boy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I was in the bobby moore lower but ended up pitchside.

The lack of beer was a bit pony butotherwise it was a great day and night.
red boy is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
jonesman66

Boxnation has been a life saver, seeing fights from all over the world live and in decent quality.

Iv'e recently binned Sky as their boxing output is down to 20 fights a year with about six of them likely to be that shite prizefighter.

Just checked Sky have no live boxing until middle of September, piss poor.

Long live Boxnation.
jonesman66 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #13
megalala
Journeyman

Yeah it was a brilliant event. The only down side was a poor ish undercard, although saying that i quite like Liam Walsh so was glad to watch him in action.

Say what you want about FW and it seems a few on here dont like him but he does put on a good show.

Roll on Burns Mitchell
megalala is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
That sounds messed up. I'd have been well pissed off. How much did you pay for tickets?
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
sunny
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
That sounds messed up. I'd have been well pissed off. How much did you pay for tickets?
something like 114 each (I had 2) booked from Eventim. Am still pissed off about it. Anyone reckon I should complain to FW or am I being a *****.
sunny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum