Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: What should Khan do from here?
Turn himself into a slick boxer that avoids trading shots. 275 65.95%
Keep fighting the way he has, it was just a rough night 29 6.95%
Move up to welterweight, there is nothing left to accomplish at 140 22 5.28%
Retire at 25 years young with millions of pounds in his bank and a beautiful wife 91 21.82%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #181
LeadLeftHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan's Road to Redemption [Let's talk]

Khan did not loose because he got into a war with Garcia. He did not get into a war with Garcia before the first knock down, he did that after the knock down another stupidity. Before he was knocked down he was simply boxing like he always does, he went for an upper cut from long range which he always does and was beautifully timed.
LeadLeftHook is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #182
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Freddie has a lot of patience.

Last edited by Prince.; 09-02-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #183
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Amir Khan has given his clearest indication yet that he will leave trainer Freddie Roach after recent setbacks in his career.

Khan had been emerging as one of the most marketable and talented fighters in world boxing, before a controversial defeat to Lamont Peterson (which was subsequently nullified after the American failed a drugs test) and surprise knockout loss against Danny Garcia saw him lose both his belts and much of his standing.

The Bolton fighter had previously been happy to play second fiddle to Manny Pacquiao with trainer Roach, but after the loss to Garcia has reportedly been looking to make a change.

Khan has now confirmed that is the case.

"I'm not even at my peak yet," Khan told the Star on Sunday. "I want to make a few changes and am in talks to change trainers at the moment.

"I am looking at a few names but I don't know if they are available."

Khan previously revealed that he had been approached by Manny Stewart, trainer to Wladimir Klitschko, while he has also been linked with David Haye's guru, Adam Booth. The 25-year-old is looking for a trainer who will help his attacking style while shoring up his suspect defence.

Roach is in the dark about Khan's plans, having not been informed whether he has been dropped as coach or not.

"I have not heard anything official from them," the American said recently. "I heard they want to fight in December. No one has told me if I'm in or out."
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #184
NOTINDAFACE
No Me Se Rajar
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: My thoughts on Khan's current situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince. View Post
king khan
iron_chin
euro bum
I heart Amir
Go getta

Where u at? Talk now. Dnt hide.
They are either banned or 6 feet under
NOTINDAFACE is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #185
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTINDAFACE View Post
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #186
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTINDAFACE View Post
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #187
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Default Re: My thoughts on Khan's current situation [Let's talk]

British star Amir Khan to sensationally leave Freddie Roach, on the look out for new trainer

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Amir Khan looks set to sensationally axe his long term trainer Freddie Roach. According to UK tabloid the Daily Star, the Bolton man has admitted that he is on the lookout for a new trainer, but as yet he has no names in mind. Khan (26(1-3) is coming off the third loss in his career after being stopped by the new light-welterweight ruler Danny Garcia. It is unclear whether the former WBA champion is looking to resurrect his career in the busy light-welterweight weight class, or in the glamour welterweight arena.

“I’m 25 and not even at my peak yet. I want to make a few changes and am in talks to change trainers at the moment. I am looking at a few names but I don’t know if they are available,” Khan told the Daily Star. Freddie Roach came out earlier this week, and says he has been left out of any discussions relating to his fighters future. “I have not heard anything official from them,” Roach stated. “I heard they want to fight in December. No one has told me if I’m in or out.”

Khan was one of the most marketable names in world boxing up until the Lamont Peterson contest back in 2011. The former IBF and WBA champion had to endure a seven month training camp in the lead up to the doomed Garcia matchup after his American opponent failed a doping test. Khan’s career was blown apart after the July loss, but has been keen to stress that playing second fiddle to pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao in a talent packed Wild card gym had played its part in his drastic demise.

Khan is booked to fight on December 15th, and even at the tender age of 25 the Briton is in a make or break fight regardless of the opponent. The preferred choice was an immediate rematch with Danny Garcia, but he is now due to face Erik Morales next month. Another fighter allegedly in the mix is the undefeated Joan Guzmn, with the Dominican going public this week on reports he is being lined up to face the Englishman in his comeback fight. That would be a dangerous matchup, and it is crucial that whoever is brought in to train Khan, he must first rebuild his confidence after the second stoppage loss of his career, although still being a marquee name in the Golden Boy stable, he has to please the watching public on both sides of the Atlantic. It’s a tricky predicament for the Bolton man, and he must yet again embark on another transition period in an already up and down career.

Last edited by Prince.; 09-03-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #188
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Roach has attracted criticism for attempting to divide his time between Khan and eight-weight world champion Manny Pacquiao whilst continuing to stave off the effects of a long-standing battle with Parkinson’s disease.

However, the former lightweight contender is not about to change his approach:

“I have not heard anything official from them. I heard they want to fight in December. No one has told me if I’m in or out,”

“If Manny fights in December, he takes priority.”

Khan has been touted as a potential project for legendary trainer Manny Steward, although the International Boxing Hall of Fame trainer has an ongoing arrangement with heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko and may be unwilling to change.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #189
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Amir Khan after his unfortunate incident...

By Johnny Benz, Doghouse Boxing. - Boxing trainer Virgil Hunter had plenty to say in an interview conducted by Doghouse Boxing's very own John J. Raspanti. Regarding Amir Khan, Hunter believes the fighter's problems started in the Gym.

Regarding Khan, Hunter tells Doghouse Boxing: “Outsiders don’t see the damage that happens in the gym while a strength trainer is tinkering with a fighter. Long before Khan was hit with that shot, something was going on in that gym."

Hunter added: “I looked at Amir after his unfortunate incident. I made it a point to look at his physique. He looked great – in his back and his abs. But, when I looked in the crucial areas that needed to be built up, like his trapeze and back muscles, they were almost non-existent. His neck muscles didn’t look right. There should have been more development there."

Last edited by Prince.; 09-04-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 02:47 AM   #190
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikkQFsZK_8M&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I like how Roy explains himself to the haters towards the end of this video.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 AM   #191
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince. View Post
Hunter added: I looked at Amir after his unfortunate incident. I made it a point to look at his physique. He looked great in his back and his abs. But, when I looked in the crucial areas that needed to be built up, like his trapeze and back muscles, they were almost non-existent. His neck muscles didnt look right. There should have been more development there."
I've never seen Khan do any neck strengthening exercises
mishima is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #192
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Virgil Hunter
Nasim Richardson
Emmauel Stewart
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #193
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

The 25-year-old suffered a demoralising stoppage earlier this year against Danny Garcia that left many questioning his future in the sport.

That defeat followed on from a controversial points loss to Lamont Peterson, and re-ignited doubts about Khans ability to take shots. Khan admits that his defence is a weak point, and is jetting out to New York in a search for advice from some of boxings most experienced campaigners.

He said: I feel in great shape, Im still 25, I made a mistake and Ill come back stronger from it. Its all about how you come back.

Losing the fight is upsetting, but Ill be a better fighter for it.

Ill be going to New York to speak to a few coaches and maybe bring in a mentor who can help me in defence.

Im mainly looking at ex-fighters, Bernard Hopkins, Oscar (De La Hoya) and maybe Shane Mosley, they all want to help out and show their support.

He all but ruled out rumours linking him with a bout against Joan Guzman, however. Im fighting on December 15, no opponents arranged yet, but were in talks with a few.

On Guzman, Khan added: I want someone who is a bit more credible than him.

Ive come from world title fights and he might be a little below that.

Were just getting the dates right. It will either be in England or America, December 15 is the date.

Khan was speaking at a StreetGames charity event, where he helped Manchester kids and artist Luke Embden create a mural that will be shown in the Olympic Park.

Praising the charity, Khan added: Ive seen the benefits that sport can bring to the lives of young people and local communities first hand through my own sport and boxing club.

StreetGames is the sports charity that brings sport to the doorstep of young people in disadvantaged communities across the UK. The charity is supported by Coca-Cola Great Britain. To find out more and to get involved, visit [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #194
destruction
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
He's not coordinated enough to become a slick boxer. His best bet is becoming one of those jab bots. You know like Wlad and Vitali.

Once anyone gets pass Amir's jab, he's ****ed. Prescott gave him first first loss because he wanted to be a hero and not jab, Rene along with PEDerson had him galloping for dear life, and "Dani" killed him mid-range.

He doesn't have the composure and calmness under fire to fight at closer ranges, nor the coordination to fight in a wild place like brawls. Amir panics way too easily. He needs to keep it on the outside and fight at his pace.

roach may be one of the best trainers, but that does not mean he's one of the best for every fighter. Instead of trying to be a high volume mid-range puncher, Amir is better off as a long distance outfighter. Mid-range is the range where the most powerful shots can be throw, and when you're high volume like Amir you naturally open yourself up more to being hit as you're firing.
This is when he is most effective, behind the jab and at long range. Ties up when his opponent gets in close to him. "Jab bot"
destruction is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #195
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2775

the more he talks the more i believe he as brain damage
ashishwarrior is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum