Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: What should Khan do from here?
Turn himself into a slick boxer that avoids trading shots. 275 65.95%
Keep fighting the way he has, it was just a rough night 29 6.95%
Move up to welterweight, there is nothing left to accomplish at 140 22 5.28%
Retire at 25 years young with millions of pounds in his bank and a beautiful wife 91 21.82%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #751
Iron Chinned

vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan vs Carlos Molina [POST FIGHT TALK]

Price is the biggest bandwaggoner on here. Learn to get used to it.
Iron Chinned is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #752
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
By the way the article was great. Sweet Science seems to really know their stuff. The bow-and-arrow jab habit, dropping of the hands when throwing in combination, backing out in straight lines, all key fundamental flaws they need to pick.

The improvements he made seemed more tactical than technical, if you get my meaning; what I'm trying to say is the game-plan of staying focused, being patient with single jabs, circling more, maintaining range, etc. The flaws in his actual punching form and offense will probably be ironed out over time.

That's my take too, its going to take more than 8 weeks to make all the improvements needed tactically Roach really did not care about what was firing back and it tells.

Now the thing is Khan being over eager, going off game plan, rushing in are the main problems, if these problems can be fixed than that's 70% of Khan's problems.

Hunter has already said he is not looking to change any of Khan's style but to make adjustments around him, stage 1 was too settle him down be more patient work off the jab, work on spots, control the workrate, circle around, controlling the work rate and no bouncing around leaves more gas in the tank, note Khan did not show any signs of gasing vs Molina.

Thinking time is what Khan needs, he has crazy hand speed I am sure Hunter will get the most out of this great tool which Khan has, if he can learn to control, master, time his speed then wonderful things can still happen but it won't happen over night.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #753
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post

That's my take too, its going to take more than 8 weeks to make all the improvements needed tactically Roach really did not care about what was firing back and it tells.

Now the thing is Khan being over eager, going off game plan, rushing in are the main problems, if these problems can be fixed than that's 70% of Khan's problems.

Hunter has already said he is not looking to change any of Khan's style but to make adjustments around him, stage 1 was too settle him down be more patient work off the jab, work on spots, control the workrate, circle around, controlling the work rate and no bouncing around leaves more gas in the tank, note Khan did not show any signs of gasing vs Molina.

Thinking time is what Khan needs, he has crazy hand speed I am sure Hunter will get the most out of this great tool which Khan has, if he can learn to control, master, time his speed then wonderful things can still happen but it won't happen over night.
Agreed. Ultimately, I think Roach was too busy and/or Khan wasn't spending enough time in camp. Virgil made a good point when saying in-between fights is when some of the most crucial learning occurs.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #754
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Agreed. Ultimately, I think Roach was too busy and/or Khan wasn't spending enough time in camp. Virgil made a good point when saying in-between fights is when some of the most crucial learning occurs.
True say I hope Roach retires soon I really think his health is effecting him doing his job, people life's are at stake in the ring both Khan and Manny got badly KO that's not good.

I think Hunter will spend more time with Khan, and in turn Khan will spend more time in between fights tuning up.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #755
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Richard Schaefer has stated Amir Khan will fight in the UK possibly April 13th or 20th.

Opponents in the mix
Josesito Lopez
Humberto Soto
Joan Guzman
Cesar Rene Cuenca
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #756
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i hope its lopez and he gets smoked again
raichu is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #757
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince. View Post
Richard Schaefer has stated Amir Khan will fight in the UK possibly April 13th or 20th.

Opponents in the mix
Josesito Lopez
Humberto Soto
Joan Guzman
Cesar Rene Cuenca
no surprise there
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #758
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #759
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer said that the return of former junior welterweight titlist Amir Khan, slated for April 20, will move to April 27 (Showtime). Nothing official yet with regard to the site or opponent, although he is likely to fight in his native England.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #760
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

I don't get Khan. He wasted 2 and a half months just lazing around in England when he could have been improving his skill-set. He's back in SF today and has no opponent/venue etc.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #761
lolercakes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He hasn't been working on his skillset but he's been working out 3 times a week in the gym, so he'll be in much better shape. Meaning he'll have more time to work on technique than fitness.
lolercakes is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #762
21mvo
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolercakes View Post
He hasn't been working on his skillset but he's been working out 3 times a week in the gym, so he'll be in much better shape. Meaning he'll have more time to work on technique than fitness.
Source? Has he been hitting the gym? All I see on his twitter is him going to different places/countries/restaurants.
21mvo is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #763
lolercakes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21mvo View Post
Source? Has he been hitting the gym? All I see on his twitter is him going to different places/countries/restaurants.
He posted on twitter that he has been working out 3 times a week in between camps and he even posted a few pics in the gym etc. His words doubt he's lieing.
lolercakes is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 AM   #764
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

new

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Prince. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum