Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Were you surprised haye was the crowd favorite?

Being there live, the crowd was overwhelmingly on Hayes side, he got a hero's reception when he came out. I really thought it would be 50/50 but the public still love Haye
Phill-Mitchell is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 350
Default Re: Were you surprised haye was the crowd favorite?

yeah however much people slate Haye, he is a massive exciting fighter and no matter what anyone says people will always buy tickets for his fights coz they are exciting, your pretty much promised a stoppage at one of his fights.

does not suprise me at all there are alot of haye fans about

G
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #3
Phill-Mitchell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I was happy about it, Haye is a really good fighter and achieved a lot, after last night people are starting to remember that
Phill-Mitchell is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #4
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

The general public in some cases are not as much of a bunch of mongs as the "online fraternity" when it comes to boxing, Haye got it wrong against wlad, they slated him and then give him another chance, guys online don't let things go, unless the fighter goes out and looks good again.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

It's not surprising. David Haye is generally loved by British boxing fans.
The Brit forum here is full of far more "Haye-huggers" than "Haye-haters".

I think Haye's a bit overrated by the British boxing fans. I admire his ability to promote himself and manipulate perceptions more than I admire his fighting ability. I mea, he's a good fighter but a great self-promoter. He's made himself very rich by fighting not very often, sometimes against very dubious opponents. He's clever in that way.

He punches hard and fast and he is better than most of the crap that is around in the HW division.
Legend X is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Haye is popular among non-boxing fan young lads.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #7
rocky1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1397

Not really a suprise, he's generally quite charismatic and has KO power.
We don't seem to have to many elite level boxers around at the minute either so it's good to see the public get behind him.
rocky1 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #8
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

I was disgusted with Haye when he took a fight with Harrison after calling out the Klitschkos for years and called him a fraud and all kinds of names on here at the time. I'd given him the benefit of the doubt with Valuev and went to see his fight with Ruiz, but felt robbed when he decided to fight Audley.

When Wlad beat him I was back to neutral on him because he had finally stepped up, and actually surprised me in going the distance and landing some okay shots in that fight. I thought he was going to be exposed big time.

All the hype surrounding the Chisora fight has sort of made me a fan again. He's the best talker in boxing by far, and genuinely funny with it too. He has accepted Wlad was the better man when they fought, and put on a great show against Del Boy at the weekend. I'll support him now against anyone but a Klitschko
Squire is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #9
Peter__1987

vCash:

Because most causal boxing fans aren't like the dickheads you come across on here with fighter bashing agendas.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #10
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

I wonder if after all the dust has settled now whether Chisora would be able to sell out a venue on his own against another top 50 type in England, obviously not against another English fighter for clarity. I don't know if he could fill a 5000 capacity venue on his own under these circumstances. I still can't say Chisora has a proper actual fan base like that.

I suspect his career will now see him travelling around Europe fighting. He still sells fights due to his bizarre nature despite his limited ability which equals a very valuable commodity. I suspect he will be used against top 50 non title holders in their Country now as a stepping stone due to the high level of hype he brings to a fight despite not being up to much from a technical standpoint of view.

Strange that he generates such hype but doesn't seem to have a fan base based in the Nation he resides in.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #11
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
I wonder if after all the dust has settled now whether Chisora would be able to sell out a venue on his own against another top 50 type in England, obviously not against another English fighter for clarity. I don't know if he could fill a 5000 capacity venue on his own under these circumstances. I still can't say Chisora has a proper actual fan base like that.

I suspect his career will now see him travelling around Europe fighting. He still sells fights due to his bizarre nature despite his limited ability which equals a very valuable commodity. I suspect he will be used against top 50 non title holders in their Country now as a stepping stone due to the high level of hype he brings to a fight despite not being up to much from a technical standpoint of view.

Strange that he generates such hype but doesn't seem to have a fan base based in the Nation he resides in.
He plays a good bad guy role though doesn't he?

Similar to what you said, this guy could make millions travelling round europe to fight "local heroes" playing the villian.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:53 AM   #12
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Chisora vs Price: Make the fight
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #13
kristo

i knew people would cheer for him.. didnt expect so many people to boo at chisora though.
kristo is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #14
BoxerGaz
East Side Boxing VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

I will be following chisora from now on. hes not so bad after all
BoxerGaz is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #15
kidgloves
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 129

Not surprised at all. Opinion is divided amongst my friends though. Some respond to his hype talk negatively and don't seem to grasp the process of selling a fight no matter how many times you explain it. Mind you, the same could be said of a lot of people on this forum, especially in the retard room.
kidgloves is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum