Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #46
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan: i fight tougher opposition in a better division than froch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
khan doesnt fight at 147 he fights at 140 which is way weaker than the smw's, you are wrong again
Amir Khan has over 1 million followers on twitter, Carl Froch has 40-60 thousand. 140/147 is all connected, and even if you marginalize it to 140..? Thats still a stronger division than 168.

Amir Khan is a bigger fighter than Carl Froch.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #47
utv
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

You'd think after almost getting his head taken off his shoulders (again) that he'd have a bit of decorum and keep quiet for a while but a humble attitude just seems to pass Khan by time and time again. I genuinely don't think it'll ever sink into Khan's head that he isnt a superstar until he gets severely injured by an opponent
utv is online now  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #48
lefthook82
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Khan shouldnt have said this but Froch is a bitter cunt
lefthook82 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #49
servo
England.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Amir Khan has over 1 million followers on twitter, Carl Froch has 40-60 thousand. 140/147 is all connected, and even if you marginalize it to 140..? Thats still a stronger division than 168.

Your only valid argument is that Khan is a bigger name than Froch.

This is mostly due to the wrong reasons as well - opening his mouth and spewing rediculous statements, talking big and then getting KTFO by Prescott in emphatic fashion, the Peterson debacle and now this. You don't get that from Froch. If he loses; he takes it and comes back quietly - letting his hands to the talking.

SMW is a better division than LWW.
servo is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #50
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

There are better people floating around those weights, Bradley, mayweather. Pacman, but Khan hasn't fought them and is unlikely to get a chance now
so it's a bit of a moo point
sniffmybadger is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #51
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

Amir and his team are pissed off with the criticism and the so called advice. Amir needs all the friends and positive souls around him right now, just ignore or play along for the sake of things. His mate Saj is still rambling on about "haters" and what other shit is on his mind.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #52
Lionheart1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
No they would not

Theres a difference between being out-skilled by a special talent like Ward and being physically molested by an average fighter with a punch like Garcia
R

So if ward is a special talent which he is and froch got schooled by him that makes froch average if that is so why has froch not retired,in his own words he says he is not in it to make up the numbers yet he got taught a boxing lesson by a great boxer.looks like froch is not practicing what he is preaching which makes him look like a bit of a twat.
Lionheart1 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #53
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo View Post
Your only valid argument is that Khan is a bigger name than Froch.

This is mostly due to the wrong reasons as well - opening his mouth and spewing rediculous statements, talking big and then getting KTFO by Prescott in emphatic fashion, the Peterson debacle and now this. You don't get that from Froch. If he loses; he takes it and comes back quietly - letting his hands to the talking.

SMW is a better division than LWW.
If Carl Froch was to fight in america, nobody would go to watch him. Amir Khan has been fighting in america, and most of the time at his fights! Its a pro Amir Khan crowd.

"I am not even a massive fan of Amir Khan, but his exciting career is far from over"...
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #54
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

jeff mayweather has said that the talk of khan meeting mayweather was all bollox and khan was never on his radar

another pr stunt by khans people, they prob said it to khan knowing he will go spout it infront of a camera and fools like darni will fall for it
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #55
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
If Carl Froch was to fight in america, nobody would go to watch him. Amir Khan has been fighting in america, and most of the time at his fights! Its a pro Amir Khan crowd.

"I am not even a massive fan of Amir Khan, but his exciting career is far from over"...
Mmmmm they were saying this on sunday morning "khan is getting cheered everytime he punches, this is a pro khan crowd alright" now i listened carefully and didnt really hear loads of cheers untill he got sat on his arse and then stopped, funny ****ers them there khan fans
widdy is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #56
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart1 View Post
R

So if ward is a special talent which he is and froch got schooled by him that makes froch average if that is so why has froch not retired,in his own words he says he is not in it to make up the numbers yet he got taught a boxing lesson by a great boxer.looks like froch is not practicing what he is preaching which makes him look like a bit of a twat.
If he got brutally KO'd in the early rounds against Ward and Ward was not a top 10p4p fighter or the best in his weightclass, he probably would have retired
sniffmybadger is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #57
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
Mmmmm they were saying this on sunday morning "khan is getting cheered everytime he punches, this is a pro khan crowd alright" now i listened carefully and didnt really hear loads of cheers untill he got sat on his arse and then stopped, funny ****ers them there khan fans
I've watched it with American commentary, you'd get the feeling that Garcia was being beaten up and simply threw the odd wild right hook hoping that the gods would grant him victory.

HBO are embarrassing lately, they're telling you what they want you to think is happening, even though you'd have to be blind/retarded to have the same view.

Sky were better IMO, but Halling's ''never been down at 140'' was a shocker.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #58
Ace Frehley
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by utv View Post
You'd think after almost getting his head taken off his shoulders (again) that he'd have a bit of decorum and keep quiet for a while but a humble attitude just seems to pass Khan by time and time again. I genuinely don't think it'll ever sink into Khan's head that he isnt a superstar until he gets severely injured by an opponent
You could say the same about Froch, who wasn't exactly shy about sticking the boot in as soon as Khan had a KO loss. We know there's history between them. Froch must have known his comment would rile Khan.
Ace Frehley is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #59
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1945

**** of Khan you absolute mug.
biglemon is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #60
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1945

Quote:

No, Khan is the more popular of the two, but Froch has consistantly fought the best and only lost twice, once was a razor thin decision. Who has Khan really fought? Maidana who many believe is overated, Judah? Shot. Barrera? Shot. His best wins are over Malignaggi and Maidana, Froch though has beaten Pascal, Abraham, Dirrel, Bute, Johnson, Taylor to name a few, he was close Vs Kessler, and was shut out by the future p4p king Ward but was never hurt once. Khan though was embarrasingly sparked out by a roadsweeper in Prescott, and a guy not even recognised as a puncher in Garcia, he also lost to Peterson.
biglemon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum