Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #61
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1945
Default Re: Khan: i fight tougher opposition in a better division than froch

Amir is done I guarentee he will be knocked unconcious in his next fight.
biglemon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #62
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglemon View Post
Amir is done I guarentee he will be knocked unconcious in his next fight.
To be fair mate, that's hardly a bold statement is it?

It's like saying, "I predict Mayweather will win his next fight"
Old 07-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #63
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
To be fair mate, that's hardly a bold statement is it?

It's like saying, "I predict Mayweather will win his next fight"
Lol, I know mate, but its basically in repsonse to the people who say Khans not done yet etc, Im just saying I strongly disagree, like where does he go now? 147? He'll be knocked out by the likes of Alexander Berto or even Ortiz, 140? Matthysse? Maidana or Rios? He'll get knocked out. He is done, we all know he had a glass jaw, but I think the glass has shattered so badly this time that it is unrepairable.
biglemon is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #64
Chuckle Vision
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

every contender at 140 is a puncher

he better pray Tim Bradley still wants to fight
Chuckle Vision is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #65
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tim Bradley would devour Khan.
biglemon is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #66
Don't Damn Me
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Khan should be avoiding statements like this, but Froch is undoubtedly a bitter cunt.

I never understand how people can dislike Amir for the things he says, but not think the same about Carl.
Don't Damn Me is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #67
Rangersfan1982
Belt holder
ESB Addict

kahn is fast becoming a joke figure. Looking back ant some of the pre fight stuff and the interviews he's gave since being knocked out are hilarious.
Rangersfan1982 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #68
RNS
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Froch was asked questions and gave honest answers, maybe he was a little too honest.

Sky's Ringside is a must watch this week, Khan has said he will be on it.
RNS is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #69
Chuckle Vision
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Tim Bradley would devour Khan.
Tim Bradley doesnt punch hard enough
Chuckle Vision is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #70
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
A guy online that I watch brought up a good point when he said Khan just doesnt have the genetic make up of a fighter, and he is reminded of Johnny Owen, who was a warrior but was later found to have a thin skull, sadly Owen died after a fight, and you can see Khan getting seriously hurt or god forbid, killed if he carries on like this.

the way he takes punches.... it's just not right
not sure about this. i do think khan is an idiot with statements like this. but lets be fair, khan is a 'bigger' name than froch. im not saying he's better, just saying he has earned more money for a reason - and that reason in not ability alone.

as for his skull being thin.... then maybe. but to be honest to me khan takes most shots quite well. go through his last few figts and he's taken some helacious shots but not looked to bothered. his problem is when he switches off and faces a big puncher like maidana and danny garcia his powers of recovery all but go and stumbles around like a drunkard. whereas other top fighters mig get hurt with those shots or even take a knee but get back up - khans mind seems scrambled completely - so it might be related to his skull - i dont know.

i do know though, that he is not that bad at taking shots. watch garcia and maidana fights and peterson even though he is a light puncher. he gets tagged plenty in all those fights but doesnt instantly drop like say a kirkland or RJJ.
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #71
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
No, Khan is the more popular of the two, but Froch has consistantly fought the best and only lost twice, once was a razor thin decision. Who has Khan really fought? Maidana who many believe is overated, Judah? Shot. Barrera? Shot. His best wins are over Malignaggi and Maidana, Froch though has beaten Pascal, Abraham, Dirrel, Bute, Johnson, Taylor to name a few, he was close Vs Kessler, and was shut out by the future p4p king Ward but was never hurt once. Khan though was embarrasingly sparked out by a roadsweeper in Prescott, and a guy not even recognised as a puncher in Garcia, he also lost to Peterson.
Amir Khan has over 1 million followers on twitter, he is the bigger fighter than Carl Froch, he is bigger news than Carl Froch. When Carl Froch was beaten by Andre Ward, it was just another good fighter being beaten, no real attention was given to Carl Froch from the media and even within the sport! The Supersixx was not causing the shock waves it was supposed to do.

When Amir Khan gets beaten, its sparks a national reaction!!! Everybody has a opinion, and it is the same when he wins anyway of his fights!!! A national reaction sparks, everybody has a opinion on his performance. He hits a emotional nerve in british society, all the racists love watching him fight and want to see him lose, all the boxing fans love watching him fight! because his fights are always entertaining.........people get so emotionally involved when Khan fights, i actually think there is a chance that people's lives are on the line.

I would not be surprised if their where riots when he returns to fight in the UK.

He's a bigger fighter, bigger news than Carl Froch.

And his career is not over, i will go on record and say!

"He will earn more money than Carl Froch from this point on"........
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #72
Assa
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Khan needs to shut the **** up. Period.
Assa is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #73
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Amir Khan has over 1 million followers on twitter, he is the bigger fighter than Carl Froch, he is bigger news than Carl Froch. When Carl Froch was beaten by Andre Ward, it was just another good fighter being beaten, no real attention was given to Carl Froch from the media and even within the sport! The Supersixx was not causing the shock waves it was supposed to do.

When Amir Khan gets beaten, its sparks a national reaction!!! Everybody has a opinion, and it is the same when he wins anyway of his fights!!! A national reaction sparks, everybody has a opinion on his performance. He hits a emotional nerve in british society, all the racists love watching him fight and want to see him lose, all the boxing fans love watching him fight! because his fights are always entertaining.........people get so emotionally involved when Khan fights, i actually think there is a chance that people's lives are on the line.

I would not be surprised if their where riots when he returns to fight in the UK.

He's a bigger fighter, bigger news than Carl Froch.

And his career is not over, i will go on record and say!

"He will earn more money than Carl Froch from this point on"........
Oh yeah no doubt he wins a popularity competition, may have misunderstood your first post, but still Khan C+/B- level fighter, Carl Froch strong B+
biglemon is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #74
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan1982 View Post
kahn is fast becoming a joke figure. Looking back ant some of the pre fight stuff and the interviews he's gave since being knocked out are hilarious.
Hes a complete clown.
biglemon is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #75
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Watched behind the ropes (Garcia's one) and he said near end something like (paraphrasing) ''it's not about the money, not about the fame, i want to be a great''.

Compare this to Khan's attitude which is money, posing for pictures like he's a G and talking about who's got a bigger name. I think he even did a interview and mentioned ''i'm more known here then he is''. I mean he seems far to bothered with who's got a bigger name and fame then actually doing his job.

Carl could of held back, but he was honest, honest about what he'd do!. Carl's entitled to say what he would do if beaten that way.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum