Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #16
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500
Default Re: Khan hints Roach break up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Floyd Sr said he willing to train Khan as he has no defence and he had a dig at Roach too.

Khan should hook up with Sr
he picked roach over mayweather snr last time things did not go his way,always some one elses fault, he seriously needs ariza imo
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #17
dazzpowder
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Was always indifferent about Khan, can't knock a warrior for having belief in himself. I actually wanted him to win this fight and I'm still in shock how he got taken out although I could see it coming as early as the first round he got tagged a couple of times but looked as if he endure Garcis'ss power.

But what really ****s me off about this guy is the excuses I mean among all the other excuses how the **** does he expect the public to believe he was complacent coming in to this fight?

FFS thats what we were supposed to beleieve was the reason he lost to Peterson - why would he make the same mistake twice the public knew as well as he did he had to win and not just win but win on a grand scale.

C'mon Khan stop taking the public for Mugs and man up

And as has been said his camp was pants if it was truelly as behind the ropes showed it. Why the **** was Tabares taking and advising during a poor sparring session? I mean what does he know about the technical side of boxing he a ****ing S&CC
dazzpowder is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #18
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

The main thing he needs to do is to avoid jumping in with attacks, he's neither quick enough on his feet or strong enough to take the counters.

I think he's watched too many tapes of Pacquiao and thought ''****, I've got fast hands, I can do that!!'', without realising that the fighters who punch with Pacquiao are the ones that give him grief.

He's got the same defensive flaws as Manny too - when he throws his jab his right hand comes out of position and he's open to the right hand..... and the uppercut at all times.

In all honesty though there's not a lot you can do with him, he can't feint, he can't counterpunch, he can't slip shots (or take them ) and his footwork is abysmal.

I think what you've got to do is break him down and make him realise that the only way he's going to have prolonged success is to fight like Wlad, but even then.... he doesn't have the punch power to keep opponents thinking about whether to rush or not, and his punches lack authority.

He doesn't have the ''stay there you ****er'' jab, or the straight shot to follow it with. Or the lights-out left hook if someone happens to get into range.

Realistically he's either going to have to take suitable opponents, or be in the ''kill or be killed'' category, until he retires.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #19
somebody
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

It wasn't Khans fault

It was to do with Freddie Roach
It was to do with Ruben Tabares
It was to do with not having Ariza
It was the double camp and over training
It was all the travelling
It was because of all the uncertainty around opponent and camp changes
It was Kenny Bayliss' fault stopping it too soon
It was a lucky punch, everything else was perfect

Khan doesn't need to do anything, everyone else does as they got it wrong, aint that right Amir?
somebody is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #20
AudleysBigRight
Journeyman

I'm not so sure it matters who he goes with. The same pattern will follow: He will be well matched next, move up in class and beat a weaker World Champion, make a defence or two, step it up again and get KO'd.
AudleysBigRight is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #21
madg321
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
emmanual steward wud be perfect
Lol yea start where he left off no obv nt he want a full time trainer... jesus
madg321 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #22
phonk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Will a new trainer make that much of a difference? Khan has absolutely zero ring IQ. Still making the same daft mistakes he was making against the likes of Prescott.
phonk is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #23
topbuzz

Get him with adam booth ,get him fighting on the back foot popping shots
topbuzz is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #24
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I think it's the correct thing to do, personally.
yeah i do.

time to come back to the uk.

base himself here and fight here.

the trainer will have to come over here.

and hit & run next time ffs.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #25
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I've been saying for a while he needs a trainer who can work on his defence and develop his skills. Roach gives guys some basic skills and gets them in great shape but it's mainly basic drills, which I believe encourage predictable boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP1983 View Post
Yeah dump the best trainer in the world. That's a good idea.

Shut up Amir you spoiled brat.
Roach's boxers are very average defensively and predictable in what they do because he isn't close to being the best trainer in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
If Khan goes with Sr, I'd wager that the first half decent opponent he faces will knock him spark out.

It'd be an unqualified disaster. He's just not built for reflex based defence, slipping punches and shit.

He's as slick as a lamppost I'm afraid.
Your basing this on Ricky Hatton who threw his instructions out the window and would have been ko'd by Pacquaio no matter what. Mayweather Jr aside he's trained Delahoya, Dawson, Guzman, Morales and Laila Ali and none of them got sparked out under him, bar the DLH bodyshot.

Importantly he'd be free to spend all his time on Amir, which is what Amir should get for his 10% fight purse.

I'm not sure he's the best fit but Amir would learn new things. It worked for Delahoya who in my view is pretty similar to Khan
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #26
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He cant follow instruction. What is leaving Roach gona do about that? He would just be ignoring someone else.

I think hes immature. He doesnt know who he is as a fighter and is always trying to be something hes not.

He gets rocked, so instead of covering up and moving, he starts trading hooks and showing everyone how macho he is?

I would agree with his statements on travelling here there and everywhere at Pacs whim.

Going with Floyd Sr would simply add to the circus. If he wants to stay in California, maybe someone experienced with some real presence like Joe Goosen would be a good shout?
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #27
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
It wasn't Khans fault

It was to do with Freddie Roach
It was to do with Ruben Tabares
It was to do with not having Ariza
It was the double camp and over training
It was all the travelling
It was because of all the uncertainty around opponent and camp changes
It was Kenny Bayliss' fault stopping it too soon
It was a lucky punch, everything else was perfect

Khan doesn't need to do anything, everyone else does as they got it wrong, aint that right Amir?
Has Khan actually blamed the loss on all of those things? Or are you making them up?

He's admitted he needs to work on his defence and made mistakes. Unless you're gonna' classify those as excuses, too?

I say good on him if he wants to make changes. If he drops Roach, that's not him blaming Roach. That's just him taking a necessary step in wanting to improve certain aspects of his game. You can't fault him for that.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #28
Its me you see
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy147 View Post
I couldn't believe how much the sparring partner was tagging Khan!! Ive been saying this for a long time now, every time you see Khan on the pads its the same combination he throws constantly. He never varies anything. Even after the Peterson loss he wouldn't admit that he was poor and he needed to improve his boxing skills. He was on ringside and he was bemused when Johnny Nelson asked what he would do in the rematch to beat Peterson, he just kept on mumbling "angles...angles..create angles".

Khan has really grew on me as a fighter, he genuinely wants the tough fights out there and has fought some excellent competition. He has a terrible chin we all knew that before the Garcia fight. He needs to move camp and go to a trainer that will make him the priority. Maybe a fight with John Murray or Prescott.

Khan is still a big name in the UK that will never change. He needs to learn to protect that chin and stay on the outside.

Probably why Roach hasnt taught him inside fighting
Its me you see is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #29

it doesnt matter who Khan gets as coach such as Mayweather or Steward he cant take heavy shots end of,even the bloke Limond had him out of his senses and he aint a hitter
1969 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #30
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

If he stays in this country, he should go with Adam Booth.
Nipple is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum