Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #46
Tencount85
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton haters

I ripped this guy a new asshole a while ago and still maintain my position. Beating Castillo won't change a thing as Castillo is about one punch away from being a vegetable at this point and I can't give Hatton credit for that. Depending on who he fights after and whether he has more then a pulse will determine on whether I will change my mind about him or not.
Tencount85 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2007, 08:38 AM   #47
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14587

It's funny how people can hate on hatton,when hatton beat tszyu fresh off his destruction of mitchell and then mayweather fought mitchell fresh off his ko loss to tszyu.But at the time mayweather fan's were giving credit to floyd and still disrespecting hatton,castillo still has something left,because he ko'ed corrales with 1 punch in there second fight and clottey went the distance with chico.I'm starting to hear more guy's bring up excuse's,like castillo is over the hill,that's bull,because,even if floyd fought him today,floyd would still have prob's with castillo.

If hatton destroy's and knock's castillo out,i think the hating should stop,because he is 1 of the most intense and determined fighter's out there and castillo's in for a beating.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #48
Mook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Castillo is not what he was, and he was never as good as hatton is.

TKO by eight.

the thing that pisses me off is that he's going to stay at 140 now. I think 147 is a real struggle for Hatton because of his reach and height, but I really want to see him fight Cotto and PBF. They would be fabulous fights - anyone who says that Hatton couldn't at lease give these guys a run for their money simply do not realise what a good tactician he is.

So, who after castillo? is my question. There's not a lot out there. Malignaggi would be walked down and fast, Witter would be destroyed when he slows in the second half of the fight. Juan Diaz is the only one that would be good on his CV, I think. there would be criticisms - blown up lightweight - but he is a superb fighter and it would result in a good fight.
Mook is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #49
Lacyace
Forever Knight
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

It's cool he doesn't trash talk but he's a rather dirty fighter INSIDE the ring. That Kostya fight was a joke.
Lacyace is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #50
Mook
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacyace
It's cool he doesn't trash talk but he's a rather dirty fighter INSIDE the ring. That Kostya fight was a joke.
There have been much dirtier fights than that.

hatton shouldn't have hit Tszyu in the nust but it was in response to consistent low hitting from the Aussie - who frankly did it out of desperation. Hatton absolutely beat the shit out of him that night (I advise anyone to watch round six when he send Tyszu flying across the ring if they doubt this). That was a great fight.
Mook is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #51
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey
Beating down aging, past prime veterans has been Hatton's calling card. His victory Saturday night won't be a change in any regard. It would be cool if Castillo had one great on left in him, but I don't think he does.

That said, I guess Ricky has to be considered top dog at 140 right now simply by default, since most of the big names have been eliminated or moved up in weight. I would like to see him fight Vivian Harris, but I don't think his handlers would take that fight due to the bad risk/reward.
Hatton is number one 'simply by default'???? Do you realise how ridiculous such a statement makes you sound? He beat the number one in the division(number 2 p4p) End of story.

Furthermore, this fight will be the SECOND time Hatton has fought the best available opponent in his division. Cotto has yet to meet one. Food for thought is that
David UK is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #52
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
Hatton is number one 'simply by default'???? Do you realise how ridiculous such a statement makes you sound? He beat the number one in the division(number 2 p4p) End of story.

Furthermore, this fight will be the SECOND time Hatton has fought the best available opponent in his division. Cotto has yet to meet one. Food for thought is that
Hatton deserves all the praise he gets he's a strong, determined and humble fighter all the qualities of a great star, but he in no way shape or form beats Cotto.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #53
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

I'm not a hater, just not the least bit impressed
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 01:00 PM   #54
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Hatton is very overrated and boring. People talk shit about PBF but all Hatton does is fall in and hold. BTW PBF beats the dog shit out of Hatton if Hatton grows some balls and fights him
So what if PBF wins. I'd rather have a few Guinness with THE HITMAN anyday, then to waste 10 seconds of my time being in the presents of Floyd, Jr.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #55
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
So what if PBF wins. I'd rather have a few Guinness with THE HITMAN anyday, then to waste 10 seconds of my time being in the presents of Floyd, Jr.
I'm with you on that one, but I have to admit Hatton hasn't looked so dominant since the KZ fight
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #56
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

No hate on Hatton, but I think he is going to lose this saturday, I know people are talking shit about the way Castillo looked in his last fight but that man is no easy opponent for anybody including Emanuel Augustus, I mean damn if this man beat EA, then I would have to say he has pretty good skills, not to forget he just beat Bailey last week.
Castillo though he looked off he did win, I dont think he took the fight seriously, How can you not take that fight serious though? the guy beat Augustus, and I know most of you dont think much of EA but that is one hell of a fighter, Castillo will win this fight, the key is in the body work, if he gets going to the body early, Hatton will be stopped in the later rounds.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #57
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Both guys have alot to prove after mediocre outings...
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 01:15 PM   #58
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
Both guys have alot to prove after mediocre outings...
Very tru my man, very tru

BTW where is Golata's other glove in that picture is it grasping Bowe's nutz by any chance

Just joking dogz
Caper is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #59
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
Hatton deserves all the praise he gets he's a strong, determined and humble fighter all the qualities of a great star, but he in no way shape or form beats Cotto.
Hatton would win when Cotto was at 140, but I concede probably not at 147.But my post was factual,not opinion, in that Cotto hasn't yet faced the best available fighter in whatever division he's fought whereas by this weekend Hatton will have faced two.
David UK is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #60
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
Hatton would win when Cotto was at 140, but I concede probably not at 147.But my post was factual,not opinion, in that Cotto hasn't yet faced the best available fighter in whatever division he's fought whereas by this weekend Hatton will have faced two.
I totally agree but I don't see how that play's a deciding factor in rating the quality of the overall fighter. It does directly impact thier status in the sport but it would never sway my opinion on the outcome of a match between Cotto and Hatton and that's a fact. I guess its all about putting things in prespective Hatton beat Zoo in a tough bout while the best fighter "persay" that Cotto has beaten was KO'd by Zoo but Zab was totally dominating Zoo up until his brutal end mind you this fight was also serveral years before the the Hatton match up. Hatton will have toppled Cotto resume by the end of the weekend but Hatton will also never have fought fighters as fast, craftly and slick as the fighters Cotto has fought I already know Cotto can deal and dish with them but can Hatton. Good arguement though I love it when people put aside national pride and get down to the nitty gritty without making biased comments (unless your joking of course and little humor never hurts it only makes things a bit spicey).....
Caper is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum