Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Failure to make weight

Just a message to all those who said Ricky Burns avoided Broner when clearly Ricky made the sensible choice to move up knowing the struggle to make SFW.
I'd much rather we done that than the total embarressment of failing to make the weight by 3 1/2 lbs which is totally and utterly disgrace and Broner should be punished by the authorities heavily.
My opininon is that has the champion if you come in over 2lbs heavy you should automatically be stripped of the title and your challenger assuming he made the weight be guarenteed a shot at the vacant title against someone other than the person failing to make the weight.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Failure to make weight

1. He will be stripped of his title.
2. Broner would KO Burns brutally.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Just a message to all those who said Ricky Burns avoided Broner when clearly Ricky made the sensible choice to move up knowing the struggle to make SFW.
I'd much rather we done that than the total embarressment of failing to make the weight by 3 1/2 lbs which is totally and utterly disgrace and Broner should be punished by the authorities heavily.
My opininon is that has the champion if you come in over 2lbs heavy you should automatically be stripped of the title and your challenger assuming he made the weight be guarenteed a shot at the vacant title against someone other than the person failing to make the weight.

Nevermind that Billy. He should be punished heavily for his disgraceful dress sense.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kpBdK5IFkc[/ame]

What a ****.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
1. He will be stripped of his title.
2. Broner would KO Burns brutally.
1. He wont get stripped.
2. Ricky Burns will beat the **** out him.
3. Don't beleive all the american smoke blowers
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
1. He wont get stripped.
He will definitely be stripped if he can't make weight, just like Rios was. He's moving up to 135 next anyway, this was announced when the fight was made. He's a big lad and is only 22, it's entirely plausible that he's done everything possible to make weight but that he's suddenly grown a tad. He's always been massive at 130 just like Ricky was.

Ricky really wouldn't beat Broner. I like Ricky and appreciate the big improvements he's made. I was there for the Katsidis fight and was cheering for him, but he wouldn't stand much of a chance against Broner. He'd lose most of the rounds before being stopped badly late on.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I agree with #3 from Billy.

Any American with an 0 and a few brutal looking KO's is always hyped up to the eye*****, it's ****ing ridiculous.

One by one, 99% of them turn out to be nothing more than good fighters.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
He will definitely be stripped if he can't make weight, just like Rios was. He's moving up to 135 next anyway, this was announced when the fight was made. He's a big lad and is only 22, it's entirely plausible that he's done everything possible to make weight but that he's suddenly grown a tad. He's always been massive at 130 just like Ricky was.

Ricky really wouldn't beat Broner. I like Ricky and appreciate the big improvements he's made. I was there for the Katsidis fight and was cheering for him, but he wouldn't stand much of a chance against Broner. He'd lose most of the rounds before being stopped badly late on.
Well i beg to differ mate but your more than entitled to your opinion but please dont have a bet on it eh!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Quote:
1. He wont get stripped.
God you're deluded.

Broner would of WASTED Ricky.. It'd look like a Lion eating a baby Gazelle.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Well i beg to differ mate but your more than entitled to your opinion but please dont have a bet on it eh!
Haha!

Is there any chance of this fight happening in the future?
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

He's American so he's got to win!!!
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I actually don't mind Broner, but tbh so far he's met guys who just aren't world class and the last two it was like he was fighting little kids the different in height and size was vast.

Think some go a little silly with the hype and the other way with the hate. He's decent offensively. Cos his stance is wide he gets good leverage but that takes away from his defence which hasn't been tested because no ones been good enough to land enough or hard enough blows. His stance being side wide means he has to use the roll instead of using feet to move away or slipping and sliding out of range, he looks quite awkward doing the roll i think partly cos of gloves and his body shape. Plus he does use it for no reason at times, but he can cos he's to good for his opponents so far.

Burns would trouble him with his lateral movement, range and fundamentals but Broner would have speed and variety to trouble Ricky. Very good fight IMO.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post

Burns would trouble him with his lateral movement, range and fundamentals but Broner would have speed and variety to trouble Ricky. Very good fight IMO.
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
RNS
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Fair comment, I agree it is an utter disgrace and I think he shouldn't get paid a cent. 3 1/2lb is ridiculas to be honest and Escobedo has been well and truly shafted.

I think Broner beats any lightweight the UK has, that is not a dig at Ricky personally neither is it a dig at Mitchell, Rees and the rest.
infact i do not see any current lightweight in the world beating him and at 22 years old he should only get better.

also if he has been struggling that badly to make SFW then maybe he will be even better at lightweight.
RNS is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #15
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipple View Post
So what's your reasons for Broner winning?. Some meat on the bone as well please. Don't just want 'cos he's better'. I think it would be a good fight personally but i suppose beating Litzau the way Broner did shows the levels.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum