boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #1
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default If Jones dominates Henderson, how meaningful a win will it be?

1) Compared to a win over a prime Henderson?

2) Where would you rank a dominant stoppage victory as compared to Jones' other title fights?

3) Or is there no way to tell until we see how much the war against Shogun took out of Henderson?

4) In which case - if he gets his ass kicked, how much is Henderson being dominated because he's past it, and how much is it because Jones is twice his size and possibly the 2nd-best fighter that Hendo has ever been in with?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: If Jones dominates Henderson, how meaningful a win will it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

2) Where would you rank a dominant stoppage victory as compared to Jones' other title fights?

3) Or is there no way to tell until we see how much the war against Shogun took out of Henderson?

4) In which case - if he gets his ass kicked, how much is Henderson being dominated because he's past it, and how much is it because Jones is twice his size and possibly the 2nd-best fighter that Hendo has ever been in with?

I got a feeling Jones won't get the credit that he is due after stopping Hendo....... Hendo is a badass and that's why this is going to be a great fight and a nasty stoppage win for Jones in the end.
kel is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

Its already a foregone conclusion to me Haggis. Jones gets no credit for this fight. And he wont till he steps up to heavyweight - he's simply that damn good
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Hendo is going to land the H-Bomb and be the new champion.
benebox is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebox View Post
Hendo is going to land the H-Bomb and be the new champion.
Lets hope so
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
Travis Fulton
The Ironman
ESB Jr Member

hendo had a hard fight against shogun
bones destroyed shogun
Travis Fulton is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

If it's a KO alot of props...at least from me...sub would be a pretty good win....but I don't see this one going to a decision....it's either Henderson H-Bomb or Jones via RNC rnd 3 or 4....

No more legend to beat at 205 after that I think...I still think the thoughest fight for Jones would be Mousasi, but that fight will never happen !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Jones would get a LOT of credit from me for either dominating and UD'ing Hendo or finishing him. He'd get an INSANE amount of credit for getting a TKO/KO over Hendo.

OK, there's a size difference, no-one can deny that, but Hendo IS legit at 205 IMO.

I know some may disagree, but I think Shogun is a real elite fighter, for me he was the clear #2 in the world behind Jones until he fought Hendo, and I think he'd still SMASH supposed top guys like Rashad, Gustafsson, Rampage, Davis, Nogueira, Bader, Thiago Silva, etc.

But Hendo beat him, fair and square. And this was a good version of Shogun, coming off a big win just three months earlier. For me, that win carries weight.

Throw that one in alongside decisive stoppage victories over Fedor, Babalu and Feijao, and you have a guy who has EARNED his #1 contender status.

Dan isn't some old Pride guy living off his name, he is winning big fights in style, he's legit in every sense of the word.

---

Basically, I rate Jones's last few wins like so:

I rate highly - Machida and Evans

I don't rate very highly - Shogun, Rampage and Bader

Explanation...

- Machida is easily his best win. Elite fighter beaten in style after getting outlanded and outslicked in the opening round. Proved his well-rounded brutality against a bona fide top-class opponent

- Evans is next. Not as good a fighter as Machida or Shogun, but a guy in tip-top shape with good momentum behind him, and a dominant, convincing victory (although without the emphatic ending a la Machida)

- Shogun was noticeably flabby and out-of-shape, guy had been out of the cage for 10 months, and hadn't been training for a while due to injury and recuperation. Jones would've beaten the best Shogun anyway probably, but I'm still not going to give credit for beating the best version when it clearly wasn't. We've seen evidence of Shogun's physical state impacting MASSIVELY on the quality of his performances throughout his entire career, not just this fight

- Rampage was shot. Or if not exactly fully shot, close to it. Years and years past his prime. Totally blunted and toothless compared to his brilliant Pride and early UFC best

- Bader is ****

---

So, on this basis, I'd rank Hendo as Jones's 2nd best win if he outpoints or subs him, behind the Machida win. If he TKOs or KOs Dan, I'd make it his best ever win.

Hendo is ****ing legit!!
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Jones would get a LOT of credit from me for either dominating and UD'ing Hendo or finishing him. He'd get an INSANE amount of credit for getting a TKO/KO over Hendo.

OK, there's a size difference, no-one can deny that, but Hendo IS legit at 205 IMO.

I know some may disagree, but I think Shogun is a real elite fighter, for me he was the clear #2 in the world behind Jones until he fought Hendo, and I think he'd still SMASH supposed top guys like Rashad, Gustafsson, Rampage, Davis, Nogueira, Bader, Thiago Silva, etc.

But Hendo beat him, fair and square. And this was a good version of Shogun, coming off a big win just three months earlier. For me, that win carries weight.

Throw that one in alongside decisive stoppage victories over Fedor, Babalu and Feijao, and you have a guy who has EARNED his #1 contender status.

Dan isn't some old Pride guy living off his name, he is winning big fights in style, he's legit in every sense of the word.

---

Explanation...

- Machida is easily his best win. Elite fighter beaten in style after getting outlanded and outslicked in the opening round. Proved his well-rounded brutality against a bona fide top-class opponent

- Evans is next. Not as good a fighter as Machida or Shogun, but a guy in tip-top shape with good momentum behind him, and a dominant, convincing victory (although without the emphatic ending a la Machida)

- Shogun was noticeably flabby and out-of-shape, guy had been out of the cage for 10 months, and hadn't been training for a while due to injury and recuperation. Jones would've beaten the best Shogun anyway probably, but I'm still not going to give credit for beating the best version when it clearly wasn't. We've seen evidence of Shogun's physical state impacting MASSIVELY on the quality of his performances throughout his entire career, not just this fight

- Rampage was shot. Or if not exactly fully shot, close to it. Years and years past his prime. Totally blunted and toothless compared to his brilliant Pride and early UFC best

- Bader is ****

---

So, on this basis, I'd rank Hendo as Jones's 2nd best win if he outpoints or subs him, behind the Machida win. If he TKOs or KOs Dan, I'd make it his best ever win.

Hendo is ****ing legit!!
Agree 100% with this post
benebox is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
outtieDrake
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He's dominated much better competition in my view. Rashad evans would beat Hendo i say.
outtieDrake is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post

---

Explanation...

- Bader is ****

---

Hendo is ****ing legit!!

Why are you bothering with the alias?
Thom is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #12
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Why are you bothering with the alias?
Oh wow, he could be Popkins!!!! Thanks for being the umpteenth person to bring this to everyone's attention. If he is, so what? This forum is better with him than without.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #13
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
Oh wow, he could be Popkins!!!! Thanks for being the umpteenth person to bring this to everyone's attention. If he is, so what? This forum is better with him than without.
This forum is like that movie Mean Girls. No wonder it's gone to **** when most of the regulars are obsessed with acting like *****y little cliquey high school girls.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #14
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post

That was my point. Nobody gives a **** about the stupid bet that he made.

Last edited by Thom; 07-21-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #15
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Would be big for his resume IMO.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum