Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
naked heels

vCash: 1000
Default hatton v honeyghan

Why doesnt hatton just go all the way and call out Lloyd honeyghan !!!....who the fxxk does he think he is,he loses badly to mayweather and then stands and demands another huge fight in america against another fighter at the end of his career,....so what if he can pull a big crowd does that make him a better fighter worthy of big name has beens ?
His biggest wins have all been against virtually shot fighters and now he wants to fight delahoya !
Surely a hatton/delahoya fight doesnt hold as much interest to genuine fight fans and not star/celebrity worshippers,than a hatton/witter fight ?
Just listened to his interview on sky claiming his biggest plus factor is his fearless attitude.....i wonder what junior witter is thinking of that sitting 100 miles up the road !
naked heels is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: hatton v honeyghan

Hmmmm.......

Kostya Tszyu wasn't shot, whilst Castillo was given an equally hard time as Malignaggi by Ngoudjo. Admittedly past his best, that was beyond question, but far from being a shot fighter like Gatti was when he kept getting beaten up by everybody.

I would say Hatton is fearless, he picked the perfect tactic to beat Tszyu, get in his face, whilst moving up in weight to challenge a top 5 P4P all timer in Mayweather is not to be sniffed at.

Fans both in the UK and America may not reckon much to his ability, but to question his heart is a bit much.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler
Hmmmm.......

Kostya Tszyu wasn't shot, whilst Castillo was given an equally hard time as Malignaggi by Ngoudjo. Admittedly past his best, that was beyond question, but far from being a shot fighter like Gatti was when he kept getting beaten up by everybody.

I would say Hatton is fearless, he picked the perfect tactic to beat Tszyu, get in his face, whilst moving up in weight to challenge a top 5 P4P all timer in Mayweather is not to be sniffed at.

Fans both in the UK and America may not reckon much to his ability, but to question his heart is a bit much.
john b is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
naked heels

shot maybe a bit strong...but at the end of their career is a fact....loyalty and being patriotic go,s a long way....but hatton is playing on that....what has he done that gives him the right to another massive pay day after a convincing loss like he just had.....surely a loss sends you down the ladder not up !
as a simple fan of boxing,best fighting the best and not this poncey embarrassing star studded audience lets give each other high 5,s nonsense...i would like to see hatton fight and prove he is the best in his own country before anything else.....this " kid next door " thing has worn thin now especially when he looks down his nose at another world champion who in world terms is next door !....if he is this down to earth fearless proud of his roots type of lad then im sure he would welcome a big domestic fight to repay english fans loyalties.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #5
Dirty Bastard
Dirty As Hell
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 618

Quote:
Hmmmm.......

.... & thats all i have to say about that rediculase comment

Oh And.....

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by sweet_scientist; 01-04-2007 at 06:00 AM.
Dirty Bastard is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by naked heels
Why doesnt hatton just go all the way and call out Lloyd honeyghan !!!....who the fxxk does he think he is,he loses badly to mayweather and then stands and demands another huge fight in america against another fighter at the end of his career,....so what if he can pull a big crowd does that make him a better fighter worthy of big name has beens ?
His biggest wins have all been against virtually shot fighters and now he wants to fight delahoya !
Surely a hatton/delahoya fight doesnt hold as much interest to genuine fight fans and not star/celebrity worshippers,than a hatton/witter fight ?
Just listened to his interview on sky claiming his biggest plus factor is his fearless attitude.....i wonder what junior witter is thinking of that sitting 100 miles up the road !

1. You are a Hatton hater, thats all!!

Get a life!
KCD is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

He still doesn't want to fight Witter!
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #8
skellington
Bogbrush
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Bastard
.... & thats all i have to say about that rediculase comment

Oh And.....

Most creative spelling of ridiculous I have ever read. Well done Sir!
skellington is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
naked heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD
1. You are a Hatton hater, thats all!!

Get a life!
A hatton hater i am not,a boxing fan and lover of best fighting the best i am.......which is why the genuine boxing fan will always lose out by following hattons career....as long as they are not brainwashed by the " im everyones mate " image thing.
get a life ?...if you cant argue your case thats fine but why insult somebody on the internet.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #10
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Hmmmm.......

hear hear

if your goign to lose to anyone...ANYONE in the world right now it's floyd mayweather
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #11
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

Quote:
A hatton hater i am not,a boxing fan and lover of best fighting the best i am.......which is why the genuine boxing fan will always lose out by following hattons career....as long as they are not brainwashed by the " im everyones mate " image thing.
get a life ?...if you cant argue your case thats fine but why insult somebody on the internet.

1. Since when has Hatton avoided the best? Oh yes when he was beating Kostya Tszyu i forgot, oh yes when he was stopping Castillo, silly me thats another one i forgot and moving up a division to challenge one of the greatest talents ever to appear in boxing and losing valliantly! and dont bother with the Tszyu and Castillo were past their respective best, yes they may have been a little but they were not shot!

and if Hatton is getting flack for beating the recognised number 1 in the division in Tszyu and p4p num3 then you can say the same for Lennox Lewis! the two career defining fights (the two biggest named fighters) he beat in Holyfield and Tyson were past their primes so they dont count and Lewis therefore must be an avoider of competition!

Do you see how silly your argument is?

and i have met Hatton and he was one of nicest guys ive ever met so i dont think it is an act or he is a good actor.
KCD is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
stake501
Contender
ESB Senior Member

zoo not shot, but never gonna fight again
castillo prolly shot, we will see (ngodgio and malignaggi are shit compared to prime castillo), too early to say

de la hoya aint all that anymore anyway, so a fight with hatton is not all that bad, but oscar should beat up the much smaller hatton, It would be a very good win for hattons resume.

BUT the fight everyone wants to see (some of us for almost ten years) is hatton witter....it would be huge.
stake501 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2008, 12:18 AM   #13
joe33

vCash:

Quote:
He had the balls to go all the way to america to fight maybe one the best boxers ever though did he not mate ,and yeah he lost but unlike some guys we could name he aint scared to fight overseas.

I hope he dies fight witter,but if he does not want to,or does not like the guys style then its down to him,would not be the first or last time guys have avoided each other
Old 01-22-2008, 02:38 AM   #14
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

When Witter beats Hatton like an ugly stepchild, his career's over, and he knows it. That's why he doesn't want to fight the WBC champion and recognised #1or2 in the division. He can do this because of his idiot fans who'll follow him anywhere to fight anyone.
Polymath is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 AM   #15
Dirty Bastard
Dirty As Hell
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 618

apologies about the spelling.....unfortunately I don't need to spell particularly well in my job....just get lazy i guess!
Dirty Bastard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum