Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #31
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Was Watson on PEDs for the Eubank rematch?

I believe him.
atberry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #32
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

"I hit him with a shot - and you have to remember at this point I have nothing left, I shouldn't be in the fight. You can hear it in the commentary. The audience of 14 million are saying why are you getting up. "The shot I hit him was one uppercut. Everything that I had was in that shot. I had nothing left. This now goes into the realm of animal instinct. This power can only be acquired if you are truly honest. You hear about mothers lifting up cars to rescue babies. You somehow tap into a strength beyond possibility. What happened couldn't happen. If you watched this fight for 10 rounds, you'd bet everything you had there was only one winner. The term divine intervention comes into mind, animal instinct, phenomena.
"This is part of the reason the fight was embargoed. In terms of performance, neither of us had performed to that heightened spirit before or after. That's why this fight is up there with the top five in the world ever."

- Eubank on Watson II, '06
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #33
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

at, i reckon Kalule would have taken Watson and Eubank.Comfy UD's despite some shaky moments.Good technical fights.

just saying
lora is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #34
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Eubank or Watson would dwarf Ayub
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #35
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
He seemed to still be improving as a ring-general and fighter, thus fought at a higher pace that took advantage of Eubank's relatively poor stamina.

Had Eubank ever actually been able to go a steady, hard fought 12 with an equally talented opponent without needing to take rounds off and dictate pace, it would probably have been another controversial razor-thin fight.
Eubank having poor stamina is a myth, the Watson fight was fought at a immense pace, and Eubanks movement was immense. Eubank may have looked tired, but he always fought back, when put under pressure in every single fight.

He never just caved in due to fatigue ever!
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #36
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Eubank having poor stamina is a myth, the Watson fight was fought at a immense pace, and Eubanks movement was immense. Eubank may have looked tired, but he always fought back, when put under pressure in every single fight.

He never just caved in due to fatigue ever!
He never caved in, but he became sloppy when tired.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 02:14 AM   #37
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by atberry View Post
It appeared that way, certainly, yes, but drugs weren't big in British sport at the time. By his own admission (and we know Eubank is a man of proven honesty) Eubank won the first fight by seven rounds in the worst shape of his career and Eubank was losing the second fight by seven rounds in the best shape of his career - it doesn't add up, does it. Watson was walking through Eubank's pulverising punches without blinking....
Eubank landed more big punches in the first fight, when afforded more space. When Watson crowded him, he couldn't get off that many good punches.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #38
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Early in the fight, Eubank was letting rip like I've never seen him let rip. Watson shouldn't have lasted 2-3 rounds the way he was coming onto the shots.
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #39
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No evidence whatsoever he was juicing and Eubank was out of order for insinuating it
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #40
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-q5I7hx5W4[/ame]
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #41
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #42
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

"I remember living in New York City and watching the Los Angeles Olympics and being inspired by the poetry and form of Carl Lewis, Pernell Whitaker and the top gymnasts. I was on heat to train.

"I'm a London boy and to see the Games here now, boy, I don't know if I ever thought I would. It's just fantastic.

"And the Games can inspire like none other; watching Linford Christie and Colin Jackson give every last sinew in their beings to reach those finishing lines for Rule Brittania.

"But the most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle.

"The Games give us the chance to celebrate our shared humanity, and the object of the competitors should be to express this humanity by performing fairly and honestly to the best of their natural ability.

"The Olympic spirit can be seen in all those who compete in the Games, not just in those who win the medals.

"This spirit can be seen in athletes from poorer parts of the world, who have little chance to develop their skills or gain experience, but who do the best they can with limited resources, and who represent their country with pride and dignity.

"In the spirit of the Olympics, the most important thing is to have taken part fairly, and to have done one's best. This is what the Olympic Games are really about, and some might say it's what life is really about as well."

- Eubank, TODAY
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #43
atberry
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
atberry is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #44
manbearpig
A Scottish Noob
ESB Addict

vCash: 1185

I always thought it was meant as a compliment, as in "I can't believe someone can be so strong"
manbearpig is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #45
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
I always thought it was meant as a compliment, as in "I can't believe someone can be so strong"
Complimenting an athlete by saying they're so strong they must be on PEDs is like complimenting a girl by saying, "you're breasts are so big what's the name of your plastic surgeon."
LittleRed is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum