Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #16
lamont zero
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 106
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
huh considering that Vit was ahead on the scorecards and was doing very well in that fight, I dont see whats the problem
the problem is after the fight steward praised his man and he said it was just amatter of time until vitali would have knocked out. and now he has a new view. that is crap and makes his word worthless.
lamont zero is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #17
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamont zero
yeah, it was the german media. i am from cologne and will watch the fight live. lennox lewis will be there too. i am working for a radio station and so i willjoin the conference too.

maybe i am just dissapointed with me beeing naive and believing a trainer does not speak bad words about his former pupil. of course you can be critical but steward makes me angry with his klitschko hype-shit.
Guess that he would like to have Sdunek's job!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #18
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 282
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

[

and manny told the media wladimir had a better balance than ali.
manny: shut up![/quote]


Wow! he said that? Talk about nuthugging
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:11 PM   #19
Bubba
No avatar needed!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 917
vCash: 1250
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Wlad was a more exciting fighter before Steward came along.

Wladdy is more cautious and boring now!!
Bubba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #20
barneyrub
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,039
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamont zero
i really liked steward as a trainer and a person but now he pisses me off. he was with lennox lewis until the man retired from boxing and now steward, the busisness man, is with wladimir who has about the same height as lewis and is the new man to watch. but steward says so much shit. he told an interviewer lennox would probably have lost the fight against vitali if there had not been a cut and so on. what is this? i mean is paid by klitschko but why does that mean he has to behave like a dick?! lewis was great and he never said a bad word about manny and steward behaves like an ass by saying such a ****.

sorry, i am just pissed.

and manny told the media wladimir had a better balance than ali. that is bullshit. klitschko is a very good heavyweightboxer but you can not compare him to lewis or even to ali.

manny: shut up!
Him and Lewis did a press Q and A session the day before mayweather delahoya. The impresion given from that was different. Someone asked lewis about coming back, lewis said he won the fight and would of knocked him out if the referee hadnt stopped it, Steward said thats why he wants lewis to come back and fight vitali again now and seemed to agree that lewis was going to win.
Maybe he only said that because he was with lewis while he was talking about it lol.
barneyrub is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #21
Tencount85
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Steward has to be a cheerleader for whoever he trains, it's only been that way. What kind of trainer would he be if he trashed his man publicly? haha
Tencount85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:45 PM   #22
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamont zero
i made a mistake. language. sorry. but you should know what i meant from the context.
Sakura is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #23
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Seems to me like he is being honest. Manny and Lennox are still friends, so what does that tell you? He obviously feels like Vitali would have beaten Lennox if he hadn't been cut, and I sure as hell don't disagree.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #24
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,767
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR
Seems to me like he is being honest. Manny and Lennox are still friends, so what does that tell you? He obviously feels like Vitali would have beaten Lennox if he hadn't been cut, and I sure as hell don't disagree.
Lewis TKO6 Vitali
MrMagic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #25
C.J.Rock
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 379
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamont zero
i really liked steward as a trainer and a person but now he pisses me off. he was with lennox lewis until the man retired from boxing and now steward, the busisness man, is with wladimir who has about the same height as lewis and is the new man to watch. but steward says so much shit. he told an interviewer lennox would probably have lost the fight against vitali if there had not been a cut and so on. what is this? i mean is paid by klitschko but why does that mean he has to behave like a dick?! lewis was great and he never said a bad word about manny and steward behaves like an ass by saying such a ****.

sorry, i am just pissed.

and manny told the media wladimir had a better balance than ali. that is bullshit. klitschko is a very good heavyweightboxer but you can not compare him to lewis or even to ali.

manny: shut up!
Manny is trying to build up klitschko Lennox took him on a few days notice he was just 75% ready No other champion would have done what he did to save the card An in shape ready Lennox Lewis kicks both Klit brothers asses
To Manny Steward
C.J.Rock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #26
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic
Lewis TKO6 Vitali
Really? Wow, for the past 4 years I had no idea that was the outcome.

As a fan, I like to talk about fights from the past, possible fights in the future, contraversies, you know... the sort of shit that makes talking about boxing worthwhile. What a dull person you must be if all you do is repeat the outcome of a fight that everyone already knows, rather than talking about what actually happened during the fight, what lead up the the outcome, ect...
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #27
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.Rock
Manny is trying to build up klitschko Lennox took him on a few days notice he was just 75% ready No other champion would have done what he did to save the card An in shape ready Lennox Lewis kicks both Klit brothers asses
To Manny Steward
Oh... so Vitali was 100% ready thought, right? Vitali was on just as short of notice as Lennox was. However, at least Lennox had already trained for a 12 round fight against a top 10 contender in Kirk Johnson... while on the other hand Vitali was only in training for a 10 round tune-up against a fringe prospect in Cedric Boswell. So... I would say that if anything Vitali was even less prepared and had to overcome more of a mental hurdle to now be in the main event against Lennox Lewis, rather than a 10 round undercard fight.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:01 PM   #28
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Haye is the HW Willie Pep!
Posts: 7,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR
Seems to me like he is being honest. Manny and Lennox are still friends, so what does that tell you? He obviously feels like Vitali would have beaten Lennox if he hadn't been cut, and I sure as hell don't disagree.
As a fully fledged scrotum sucker and sack swinger of both WALDO and VITLAY then of course you don't disagree.

STEWART is an idiot, his story changes depending on who's paying his wages - if you can't see this then you're an idiot too (as if we didn't already know that)
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #29
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Manny is absolutely a clown anyway...he always contradicts himself...he says things he doesnt like in certain fighters but his fighters do the same.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #30
Ethan Trims
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 268
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DISSAPOINTED by MANNY STEWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Weight
As a fully fledged scrotum sucker and sack swinger of both WALDO and VITLAY then of course you don't disagree.

STEWART is an idiot, his story changes depending on who's paying his wages - if you can't see this then you're an idiot too (as if we didn't already know that)
If hes an idiot I guess that makes you a genius
Ethan Trims is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013