Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's"
I agree - European boxing fans don't like quick KO's 11 21.57%
I disagree - you can't make sweeping generalisations about an entire continent of people 40 78.43%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Quote:
In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's.

In the USA everyone seems to like the quick KO al la Mike Tyson but in most of Europe they appreciate a good back & forth fight or a boxing clinic.
I saw this statement in another thread, and personally I think it is a ridiculously baseless generalisation.

Please vote in the poll and share your views in the thread.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Arranmcl
Arran
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland.
Posts: 1,489
vCash: 500
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

A good war is fun but a spectacular 1 punch KO is just ***y.
Arranmcl is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 1171
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Cringe-worthy generalisation in order to glorify sleep-inducing Klit performances. Hell, I'm European and a sucker for quick and spectacular knockouts.
Faerun is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx ny
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 495
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

what is that in your avatar?
brnxhands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
sosolid4u09
4 8 15 16 23 42
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: FUCK Bob arum
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 75
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

really don't understand how you could even come to that conclusion?

I don't suppose this is from a klit thread where someone justified Wlad carrying bumms 10 rounds before pushing them over and stopping them due to exhaustion
sosolid4u09 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosolid4u09 View Post
really don't understand how you could even come to that conclusion?

I don't suppose this is from a klit thread where someone justified Wlad carrying bumms 10 rounds before pushing them over and stopping them due to exhaustion
No, of course not.

It was Vitali
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Watching a Klitschko performance is excellent to see, they produce exciting KOs and high level boxing.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
locard
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,469
vCash: 495
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

I like boxing clinics that end in brutal KO's


That's why I dont miss Wlad fights
locard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Watching a Klitschko performance is excellent to see, they produce exciting KOs and high level boxing.

What does that actually have to with the thread question?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
What does that actually have to with the thread question?
Because it was spawned by opinions of the Klitschko's style of boxing.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Because it was spawned by opinions of the Klitschko's style of boxing.
Klitschkos are two just fighters out of literally thousands of European boxers.

The actual point is about if European boxing fans don't like early KOs
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #12
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 544
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

I would argue that Americans are more likely to favour quick KOs over longer fights but to say that Europeans do not like KOs is ridiculous.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #13
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 661
vCash: 1945
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Funny enough I saw Russian interviewed the other day, and he said he didnt like the Khan fight because it was over to quickly and he liked a long fight lol.
biglemon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglemon View Post
Funny enough I saw Russian interviewed the other day, and he said he didnt like the Khan fight because it was over to quickly and he liked a long fight lol.
Conclusive proof
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 1171
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglemon View Post
Funny enough I saw Russian interviewed the other day, and he said he didnt like the Khan fight because it was over to quickly and he liked a long fight lol.
Now that's some solid evidence right there. All 143 mil Russians dislike quick KOs.
Faerun is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013