boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's"
I agree - European boxing fans don't like quick KO's 11 21.57%
I disagree - you can't make sweeping generalisations about an entire continent of people 40 78.43%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Now that's some solid evidence right there. All 143 mil Russians dislike quick KOs.
I think we can also safely conclude that all former USSR countries also feel the same way.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Default Re: "In most of Europe they don't care for quick KO's" Agree or disagree?

I don't agree on the basis that it's a gross generalization, but I think you can make a fair point when you ****yze the consistent success of guys like the klitschko brothers, despite the long, drawn out nature of their bouts.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1945

It was one of elie sick****s videos
biglemon is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #19
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
I don't agree on the basis that it's a gross generalization, but I think you can make a fair point when you ****yze the consistent success of guys like the klitschko brothers, despite the long, drawn out nature of their bouts.
But that 'success' is primarily in Germany - one country containing 10% of the European population.

Also, that doesn't necessarily have to be related to their styles. They're surely extremely popular as they fight out of Germany and dominate the HW division, and it just happens that Wlad fights cautiously.

I mean, that's just a theory. But I would guess that the K-bros would be extremely popular in Germany regardless of their styles. I thinks it's absurd to think that they would be less popular if they scored a lot of early KO's.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
But that 'success' is primarily in Germany - one country containing 10% of the European population.

Also, that doesn't necessarily have to be related to their styles. They're surely extremely popular as they fight out of Germany and dominate the HW division, and it just happens that Wlad fights cautiously.
well, the lack of early klitschko ko's is definitely a direct result of their styles. also, I would imagine that people buy klitschko fights in other areas of europe in relatively high number. ukraine? russia?
m8te is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #21
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Quote:
I thinks it's absurd to think that they would be less popular if they scored a lot of early KO's.
yeah, that makes no sense whatsoever.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #22
luke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

i agree, i like 2 fighters going at it toe to toe for 10 rounds then a ko in the 11th or 12th, i hate paying for a fight for it to go 30 seconds for a ko. it ****es me off, on the other hand if its free boxing, ill love 30 second kos
luke is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #23
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
i agree, i like 2 fighters going at it toe to toe for 10 rounds then a ko in the 11th or 12th, i hate paying for a fight for it to go 30 seconds for a ko. it ****es me off, on the other hand if its free boxing, ill love 30 second kos
Talking like the boxing noob you are. If you attend a fight, why on earth would you not turn up for the undercard bouts?
Faerun is online now  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #24
Elliot
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 634

I like longer fights, even more so if it has been hyped up for a long time, but there is nothing like seeing a fight I couldn't care less about ending in 30 seconds.

But that is just my view, people prefer different things.
Elliot is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
tottenham19
ESB Masterbro
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Balderdash! Why, I once watched "Gentleman" Jim Corbett fight an Eskimo fellow bare-knuckled for a hundred and thirteen rounds! Of course, back then, if a fight lasted less than fifty rounds, we demanded our nickel back!
tottenham19 is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #26
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

If they didn't like quick KOs Tyson wouldn't be as popular as he is all over Europe.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #27
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
I saw this statement in another thread, and personally I think it is a ridiculously baseless generalisation.
Which Klitfan came up with this beauty?
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #28
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Which Klitfan came up with this beauty?
RUSKULL said it . . . from his home 3,500 miles away from Europe .
Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #29
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
If they didn't like quick KOs Tyson wouldn't be as popular as he is all over Europe.
Tyson phenomenon was much more than that here.
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #30
hobgob21
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

everyone loves a KO artist.
hobgob21 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum