Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Khan needs to rethink his future and take a big risk or 2

IF he fights prescott or matthyse. theres a very good chance he'll get KO'ed but say he wins he'll be back up there challenging for another world title i feel as though fighting a row of cans wont do him any benifits throw him in there with prescott in a do or die sort of fight. Fight peterson and then challenge garcia in a rematch if he still wants it. if he does all 3 then he might be considered as an opponent for bradley.
But saying all of this i think Prescott and matthyse have an extreemly good chance of retiring khan. Prescott has improved allot and is more meassured with how he throws his punches, i think he'll catch khan and put him away eventually.
WhamBam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
tyewil
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 677
Default Re: Khan needs to rethink his future and take a big risk or 2

Takes too many risks as it is, with style he is trying to box
tyewil is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

when was the last time khan fought an opponent who had height and reach advantage over him. people talk about khans physicality, if you compare his physicallity with other fighters around that weight class, it really is nothing to brag about.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Khan should fight Prescott IMO. People would defiantly tune in and be interested in this match.
Flexe is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
critix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Prescott has lost his last 4 fights... I don't think Khan vs Prescott makes sense... if Prescott has improved so much you'd think he'd have won most of not all of his fights after he fought Khan.. having lost the last 4 is very poor.
critix is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

judah had a longer reach and so did peterson, peterson around the same height and bigger.
iron_chin is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
boxing_source
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Khan should fight Erik Morales or Humberto Soto next.
boxing_source is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
zeppelin
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Prescott is poor, but in khan's mind he is a monster. I believe it will be an easy fight for Khan. Khan will have faced his demons, but does he feel able to? If he gets into get into the ring with Prescott he will win.

A victory over Prescott will impress a lot of naive people, but will mean nothing. Khan will still lose to Garcia, if he fight's like last time.
zeppelin is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
Don't Damn Me
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

One of the (many) big criticisms about Khan is that when he takes a big shot, he immediately tries to land one of his own, like he's in the amateurs and he needs to get the points back. Then he leaves himself open and gets caught again.

Fighting Lucas Matthysse next would be the rough equivalent of that. Trying to get back to where he was as quickly as possible.

What he needs to do is properly reassess what he's doing and then take two or three fights where he can at least try to fix some of his flaws, without getting knocked out the first time he makes a mistake.

Boxing is a fickle business. If he strings a few wins together, even if it's just against the likes of Morales, people will start to talk about him in a positive way again. He'll have some momentum. There's no sense in going shit or bust at this point.
Don't Damn Me is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by critix View Post
Prescott has lost his last 4 fights... I don't think Khan vs Prescott makes sense... if Prescott has improved so much you'd think he'd have won most of not all of his fights after he fought Khan.. having lost the last 4 is very poor.
Prescott is a fight that will alway make since, I don't mind if it doesn't happen because he has beat a few times since. But it make sense to prove what happened in the first fight won't happen again but it will also be a fight that the casual fans will be interested in.
weegriffin is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

McCloskey rematch is a good shout. Easy sell with the back story and a fight to try out a new look without the same dangers. Mentioned by our very own resident film expert Tariq aka Jim Kelly.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #12
Weirdyman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 397

Khan shouldn't panic at this stage. Take a step back and rebuild would be sensible.

I agree that Dudey would be a good match for him.
Weirdyman is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #13
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Im not over keen on the McCloskey rematch truth be told, it makes sense in certain aspects but the first fight was poor and since then I think McCloskey has got worse not better, why not fight DeMarcus Corley? perfectly winnable fight and sellable.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Corley would be sellable over here yeah, I also beleive Morales would be a good fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critix View Post
No he hasnt, he won his last by KO, lost a great back n forth with Alvarado, was robbed (so I hear, never watched) against Mcloskey, before that he had 3 wins, one by KO, not great opposition but your stilll wrong
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #15
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I'm pretty convinced if Khan fought Prescott again he'd win very comfortably. I still think it was a bit of luck that Prescott knocked him out, if it is a clever focused Khan, he outboxes the clumsier man easily. I just don't see lightning striking twice.

I also think he should fight Peterson again a little later down the line, i really wasn't impressed with Peterson. Seemed all he did was lean all over Khan and smother him which made a boring fight for me truth be told. Thats just my opinion though as i did think Khan should have took the fight clearly on points.

Kell Brook or another domestic name would be a good starting point. If he beats Brook (which i think he will) he can be pleased with that. Junior Witter might be another possibility?
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum