Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #16
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Khan needs to rethink his future and take a big risk or 2

Infact a fight i'd love to to see Khan in is against Victor Ortiz. If he moves up he should target Ortiz. Would make a cracking all or nothing scrap.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
trakam
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Garcia rematch. Get the belts back. Peterson fight declared a NC. Back at the top. Brilliant end to a shit year.
trakam is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #18
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

" Khan needs to rethink his future and take a big risk or two "

??? , hmmm , take a big risk or 2 , very choice words my friend

Rethink his future ? , absolutely unequivocally yes , take a big risk or 2 , absolutely not , for me Prescott is not a massive risk , yes he can punch and yes he's flattened Khan before but there both different fighters now , Khan better schooled (when he wants to show it) , Prescott deflated with mileage on the clock , Khan knocks him out IMHO

I do like Prescott for Khan right now , but id like to see him rematch Garcia immediately , he has everything needed to beat Garcia handily and outpoint him , maybe even force a late stoppage , Garcia 2 is the fight id like to see Khan in next ............
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #19
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchpieirnbru View Post
Infact a fight i'd love to to see Khan in is against Victor Ortiz. If he moves up he should target Ortiz. Would make a cracking all or nothing scrap.

ortiz would be dreadful for Khan, he hits harder than anyone Khan has ever faced, ad is only discouraged by power, or people who can survive his shots and hang around late. Khan is featherfisted at the top level, with a glass jaw, Ortiz brutally ko's him
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 04:52 AM   #20
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
ortiz would be dreadful for Khan, he hits harder than anyone Khan has ever faced, ad is only discouraged by power, or people who can survive his shots and hang around late. Khan is featherfisted at the top level, with a glass jaw, Ortiz brutally ko's him
Would make an awesome fight if Khan could stick it in the early rounds. Infact if there are two fights i'd like to see for no particular reason its Bradley v Berto and this.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #21
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Khan needs to rethink his future and take a big risk or 2
Taking tune-up fights to re-assess himself as a fighter, is more important that taking risky fights to just get his name back in the mix.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #22
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Ortiz is also one of the few fighters that is less intelligent than Khan, the chances are that Khans speed would make Ortiz have a breakdown in the ring and make him think he's literally a ''tree''.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #23
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Ortiz is also one of the few fighters that is less intelligent than Khan, the chances are that Khans speed would make Ortiz have a breakdown in the ring and make him think he's literally a ''tree''.
Ortiz ain't exactly slow, and he managed to even tag floyd a few times early doors.

Ortiz can take Khans punches, Khan can't take Ortiz's, it's not a hard one to figure out imo
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Khan is finished. If he takes a risk against anyone who can really fight then his goose is cooked. The likes of Matthyse, Ajose Olusegun will retire him. Why people seem to think the Garcia win is a flukeis beyond me. It really is.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Khan is finished. If he takes a risk against anyone who can really fight then his goose is cooked. The likes of Matthyse, Ajose Olusegun will retire him. Why people seem to think the Garcia win is a flukeis beyond me. It really is.
I hate the lad, but he's achieved far more then Ajose will in his whole career
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
wigleyian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Damn Me View Post
One of the (many) big criticisms about Khan is that when he takes a big shot, he immediately tries to land one of his own, like he's in the amateurs and he needs to get the points back. Then he leaves himself open and gets caught again.

Fighting Lucas Matthysse next would be the rough equivalent of that. Trying to get back to where he was as quickly as possible.

What he needs to do is properly reassess what he's doing and then take two or three fights where he can at least try to fix some of his flaws, without getting knocked out the first time he makes a mistake.

Boxing is a fickle business. If he strings a few wins together, even if it's just against the likes of Morales, people will start to talk about him in a positive way again. He'll have some momentum. There's no sense in going shit or bust at this point.
Great few lines...
wigleyian is offline  Top
Old 07-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #27
mrplow182
Seasoned Veteran
ESB Addict

Amir was just too predictable against Garcia. His speed is amazing but his attacks seem to follow a pattern and so once an opponent can time their counter punches he is suscebtible to being hurt. Certainly not finished though.
mrplow182 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #28
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
I hate the lad, but he's achieved far more then Ajose will in his whole career
Doubtful as Ajose won the Nigerian, the British, Commonwealth and African titles as well as WBF Intercontinental. Apart from the WBA title belt I don't think Kan has won any other titles however that is what comes of a protected fighter. Immediately he goes in there with peopl who can fight you get the performances against Prescott, Petersen and Garcia. Khan is a 3 time loser who has been floored several times and knocked out twice whilst the likes of Ajose Olusegun are undefeated.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #29
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Doubtful as Ajose won the Nigerian, the British, Commonwealth and African titles as well as WBF Intercontinental. Apart from the WBA title belt I don't think Kan has won any other titles however that is what comes of a protected fighter. Immediately he goes in there with peopl who can fight you get the performances against Prescott, Petersen and Garcia. Khan is a 3 time loser who has been floored several times and knocked out twice whilst the likes of Ajose Olusegun are undefeated.
who did he beat to win the aftican title against? a leopard
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #30
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

olu g u have been exposed as some nob who has nothing to do with ajose or his team. **** off.
iron_chin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum