boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2015, 08:31 PM   #1
Mac mand
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Default Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

And will we Aussies ever rule a division ??
Mac mand is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2015, 08:37 PM   #2
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 6,108
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

troll.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:34 PM   #3
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,364
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac mand View Post
And will we Aussies ever rule a division ??
YEA possibly providing you teach your young prospects to WAIT & EARN their title shots as this WAITING period is where they learn their trade , do that first instead of unfairly sending them out to do a job they aint qualified to do in the first place then ANYTHING is possible , I honestly point blank refuse to except Australia ain't producing world champions any longer its they get rushed too quick .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:46 PM   #4
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

USA will run super middleweight when Ward returns, I also believe that the Dirrell brothers would beat both Gorves & Degale, also Andre Dirrell was robbed against Froch.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:58 PM   #5
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,364
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
USA will run super middleweight when Ward returns, I also believe that the Dirrell brothers would beat both Gorves & Degale, also Andre Dirrell was robbed against Froch.
I think possibly DeGale could win but I agree the yanks will rule the roost @ 168 and Dirrell was robbed v Froch .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:08 PM   #6
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,676
vCash: 166
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Because of british stoppages.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #7
mrdoctor
GGG
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 300
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Why did Froch put up a poll on his Facebook on who he should fight and when GGG won the poll he ran away?
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:13 PM   #8
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,364
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Because of british stoppages.
Hello WAR British stoppages are getting terrible these days really frustrating .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:38 PM   #9
KelandBeave
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 876
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

I actually don't mind Froch because he is tough and uncompromising, however he lost that fight against Dirrell.
KelandBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:43 PM   #10
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelandBeave View Post
I actually don't mind Froch because he is tough and uncompromising, however he lost that fight against Dirrell.
I agree, and I doubt very much that Froch is scared of Golovkin like mrdoctor is saying, that would be a good match up and a great fight IMO.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #11
mrdoctor
GGG
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 300
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Avoid GGG like the plague"...Carl froch
mrdoctor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:06 PM   #12
KelandBeave
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 876
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
Avoid GGG like the plague"...Carl froch

If that's a quote directly from Froch, at least he is being open and honest with himself and the public....... what's your point?
KelandBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:34 AM   #13
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,850
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Francis' thoughts,

* Dirrell was robbed against Froch as mentioned by many on here. Why has Dirrell fought so irregularly over the last 4 yrs or so ?.

* Ward is easily the king of 168. Can't imagine anyone beating him at 168 in the foreseeable future.

* UK fighters have a brilliant history at 168.

* Is Dirrell fighting DeGale for a title soon ? Tough fight to pick imo.

* Did Froch duck DeGale and relinguish his title ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:48 AM   #14
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,339
vCash: 576
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Froch wanted a big fight in the USA with JCCjr then retire. I don't think he's ducking anybody he said himself Ward would decision him in a boring non profitable fight. He's after a big $$$ fight before calling it a day.
As for the thread starter Andre Ward isn't English.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:58 AM   #15
KelandBeave
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 876
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why are the English so dominant at super middleweight ?

Andre Ward is clearly a standout in the division........he has had his way with the no2 and no3 in Kessler and Froch and those two are great fighters.
KelandBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015