Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default where to now?

for green and mundine? i am genuinely interested as to peoples opinions on this matter only, not some petty bullshit between posters.

Personally i think green takes on shumenov and may be able to lure him over to sydney for a title fight, it would be a good stoush but green would have to stop shumenov imo as beibut is a very busy fighter.

for mundine, i hope that calling out k9 bundrage is not just a way of pretending to be busy and it actually happens, maybe the win over mckhart has given him some confidence in himself and he steps it up.

on a side note, debutant brandon ogilvie on last nights card looked like something pretty special, an extremely talented young boxer with hopefully an exciting future ahead.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: where to now?

Green - I honest dont know
Mundine - Id say Steve Forbes,Alfonzo Gomez,Cory Spinks (if his lucky),Yory Boy Campas etc fighters of this nature,guys who have been there ..but now past that main status.
Or maybe he does get his wishs and gets K9?
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

One thing for sure, as soon as either get beat its retirement.

Green is almost 40yrs and Mundines not far behind.

I'd like to see Green fight Cleverly in the UK and Mundine fight Cory Spinks on a friday night fight program
kel is offline  Top
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
Benji
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I would like to see Green Bring Hopkins out to Australia for a big fight, Hopkins is not done he only lost a close fight to Dawson. It would be a big fight in Australia.

I really hope Mundine gets a shot at K9 Bundrage, I think Choc can beat him. Choc could even put his hand up to fight Kid Chocolate Quillin, I see he has a few TBA opponents listed on boxrec on some Golden Boy cards.
Benji is offline  Top
Old 07-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
for green and mundine? i am genuinely interested as to peoples opinions on this matter only, not some petty bullshit between posters.

Personally i think green takes on shumenov and may be able to lure him over to sydney for a title fight, it would be a good stoush but green would have to stop shumenov imo as beibut is a very busy fighter.

for mundine, i hope that calling out k9 bundrage is not just a way of pretending to be busy and it actually happens, maybe the win over mckhart has given him some confidence in himself and he steps it up.

on a side note, debutant brandon ogilvie on last nights card looked like something pretty special, an extremely talented young boxer with hopefully an exciting future ahead.
Beibut would be a massive fight for Green but imo a fight he would flat out struggle to keep up. Shumenov has great stamina from what i have seen and is sharp as a tack. TBH i think Green would have a better chance against Cloud to land a title before he hangs them up.

I dont see choc taking on K9 as bundrage carries some decent power at Lightmiddle and that would spell disaster for him trying to make a name for himself in the US. I think he is more likley to take on Spinks tbh, a much easier fight at this stage in their careers. Probably take on Cory for the IBO title to make himself the first man to win titles in decending order

Once the olympics ends we will have a new crop of young stars comming though. Hooper will no doubt be a massive draw once he gets though the teething stage or the pro ranks.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
dannygeale
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

green vs jeff lacy

and

mundine vs lester ellis 2 at light middle for a vacant title :P
dannygeale is offline  Top
Old 07-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Beibut would be a massive fight for Green but imo a fight he would flat out struggle to keep up. Shumenov has great stamina from what i have seen and is sharp as a tack. TBH i think Green would have a better chance against Cloud to land a title before he hangs them up.

I dont see choc taking on K9 as bundrage carries some decent power at Lightmiddle and that would spell disaster for him trying to make a name for himself in the US. I think he is more likley to take on Spinks tbh, a much easier fight at this stage in their careers. Probably take on Cory for the IBO title to make himself the first man to win titles in decending order

Once the olympics ends we will have a new crop of young stars comming though. Hooper will no doubt be a massive draw once he gets though the teething stage or the pro ranks.
Shumenov should beat Green BUT he has no power, he may have trouble keeping Greeny off him... He would have to be on his toes for the whole 12 rounds
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #8
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

shumenov wont fight at Dannyweight and Danny would have to shed another 5kg to make LHW, something he says is impossible for him to do. Even if shumenov took the fight at Dannyweight it cant be for the title as both fighters must come in at or under the LHW limit.

Mundine i think will fight Spinks next up.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #9
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Shumenov should beat Green BUT he has no power, he may have trouble keeping Greeny off him... He would have to be on his toes for the whole 12 rounds
yeah thats why i think green could give him trouble, he wont be worried by shumenovs lack of power and may be able to walk through him and land some big left hands. If greeny is motivated he can get down to lhw he looked like he could lose a bit around the middle and the lat area aswell, i think cleverly would just potshot green all night and frustrate him.

Spinks would be a step up from mckhart but not the best fight going around for mundine, mundine could beat k9 if he was fully motivated and willing to use his footwork all night
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #10
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

also cheers for the opinions guys and keeping the bullshit out of it
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #11
oba carr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
yeah thats why i think green could give him trouble, he wont be worried by shumenovs lack of power and may be able to walk through him and land some big left hands. If greeny is motivated he can get down to lhw he looked like he could lose a bit around the middle and the lat area aswell, i think cleverly would just potshot green all night and frustrate him.

Spinks would be a step up from mckhart but not the best fight going around for mundine, mundine could beat k9 if he was fully motivated and willing to use his footwork all night
You really think that Shumenov doesnt have that much power? Personally, I think his power is underrated but thats just my opinion.
Would Green maybe try to bring out Tavoris Cloud or is he to dangerous? Might be a good, if not the best payday in his career so far if he were to come out here.
oba carr is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #12
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oba carr View Post
You really think that Shumenov doesnt have that much power? Personally, I think his power is underrated but thats just my opinion.
Would Green maybe try to bring out Tavoris Cloud or is he to dangerous? Might be a good, if not the best payday in his career so far if he were to come out here.

Ive seen quite a lot of Shumenovs fights, He is a slick classy fghter, but his power isn't anything to write home about
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #13
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
also cheers for the opinions guys and keeping the bullsht out of it
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #14
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

I think mandy should try & fight K9 Bundrage who does hold the legit world title belt and its a winnable fight for him & Green should press for Shumenov as he also holds the legit world title belt & lacks KO power which will benefit ol danny boy.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #15
dannygeale
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I reckon greeny would beat Shumenov
hes alright but Danny could beat most of the guys hes beaten ,
hes not the world beater every ones making him out too be

The 4 best opponents Shummie has faced

Enrique Ornelas is a Soft Carnt
Byron Mitchell way past it
William Joppy way way past it
Gabriel Campillo hes alright but not a world beater :P

i know hes got a great Amatuer record but thats it hes got a good Amatuer record
hes not a Gamboa or a Guillermo Rigondeaux

jus saying
dannygeale is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum