I reckon greeny would beat Shumenov
hes alright but Danny could beat most of the guys hes beaten ,
hes not the world beater every ones making him out too be

The 4 best opponents Shummie has faced

Enrique Ornelas is a Soft Carnt
Byron Mitchell way past it
William Joppy way way past it
Gabriel Campillo hes alright but not a world beater :P

i know hes got a great Amatuer record but thats it hes got a good Amatuer record
hes not a Gamboa or a Guillermo Rigondeaux

jus saying
I disagree about Campillo mate. His a very tough and game opponent for anybody and he was flat out robbed against Cloud.

Campillo is world class. He can box, his got speed and a bit of pop behind his punches. IMO he would school green if they fought much like tarver did
StiffJab is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 02:15 AM   #17
dannygeale
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: where to now?

ok so Shummie has fought 1 world class fighter then and hes a weapon
dannygeale is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #18
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygeale View Post
ok so Shummie has fought 1 world class fighter then and hes a weapon
not to mention Campillo should have been awarded the win against Shumenov in their first fight.

your right though, beibut is the easiest fight in the LHW division. Closley followed by cloud imo
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #19
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
I disagree about Campillo mate. His a very tough and game opponent for anybody and he was flat out robbed against Cloud.

Campillo is world class. He can box, his got speed and a bit of pop behind his punches. IMO he would school green if they fought much like tarver did
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #20
bazil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Green v Cameron
Choc v cotto
bazil is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 04:52 AM   #21
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

green me thinks will go for shummie,he has to much power for him.and shummies promoters know that he is gone soon so why not get a payday!
mundine looks like he is going for cory and if he forgets all the macho bullshit he should win...side note...if green goes to england then he gets a big payday and then maybe if he wins he could get froch chasing him for a lhw title and get another payday!
mrdoctor is online now  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 AM   #22
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Does anyone honestly think Danny can make LHW again? its 5kg more he has to drop and he looked pretty trim to me against santiago, not to mention Danny himself said he can no longer make LHW, i dont understand why alot of the people talking about these so called title shots have completly forgot he MUST make LHW to win a LHW title.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #23
The Spider

vCash:

Cory Spinks is a name and also well past his best. Making him a likely candidate for Anthony Mundine.

Prospective US opponents will probably look at the almost total disinterest the US showed in Mundine for the McKart fight and decide against fighting him.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #24
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
green me thinks will go for shummie,he has to much power for him.and shummies promoters know that he is gone soon so why not get a payday
Isn't Shumenov managed by his brother or some sort of relative
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #25
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
One thing for sure, as soon as either get beat its retirement.

Green is almost 40yrs and Mundines not far behind.

I'd like to see Green fight Cleverly in the UK and Mundine fight Cory Spinks on a friday night fight program

Me too , Couldn't fault either man if that came about Kel i would love to walk down the river into town to see Green fight here in Cardiff , all said and done apart from the Briggs debacle Greenie has had a decent career and won a legit portion of the World light heavyweight championship , (Not to be sniffed at that ), as for Choc Mundine ? well unless he gets a rapid wiggle on his career will be remembered as a what could have been career , Good luck to both fighters though in the last knockings of their respective careers .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #26
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Mundine v A Bum
Green v A Journeyman
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #27
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Mundine v A Bum
Green v A Journeyman
I just knew the positive rays off this post woud warm me even before i scrolled down to it Francis , Who would you like to see them both face given the option ?
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #28
dannygeale
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Does anyone honestly think Danny can make LHW again? its 5kg more he has to drop and he looked pretty trim to me against santiago, not to mention Danny himself said he can no longer make LHW, i dont understand why alot of the people talking about these so called title shots have completly forgot he MUST make LHW to win a LHW title.

i reckon he can make Light Heavy but he jus doesnt want too any more ...

I think hes a solid world class fighter at Light Heavy hes a bit of a wanker nowerdays but he goes alright he jus need too be a little bit more serious

The bloke was a light heavy weight in the 2000 olympics its 12 years later hes older hes career is widing down and hes weight is going up...the whole cruiser weight bullshit was a joke i will admit that ...

but at the end of the day its the biggest weight jump in weight classes there is he thought he could do it but now he knows he cant at least the cunt had a GO

i wish he stayed at light heavy and fought some decent fights against the best in the divison maybe he dogged and went up too cruiser coz he thought it would have been easier :P
dannygeale is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #29
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

im not saying shumenov doesn't have power, im just not sure whether he has the power to keep green off him all night whilst not taking too many power shots from green. And campillo is a very good boxer and stylistically a bad matchup for green. Cloud would be an exciting fight that i wouldnt see going the distance either way, and pascal has just pulled out of his fight with cloud, so maybe there could be room for some negotiation there? if green does fight a lhw champ next, and wins, how much will it favourably affect his legacy?

I think mundine would school spinks but he really should be looking towards tougher opposition to make a splash over there.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #30
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
I just knew the positive rays off this post woud warm me even before i scrolled down to it Francis , Who would you like to see them both face given the option ?
I was just being realistic Josey.

Who I would like to see them fight ? I would like to see Mundine fight someone like K9 or Trout at 154 and Green to fight someone like a Cleverly at 175.
Francis75 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum