Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #31
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611
Default Re: Oscar Wants A Tune Up In May...why Not Kt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Its been almost 3 years since the Hatton fight. He is 38 years old as well. I think you are expecting to see the old Kostya, where as in reality you will see a much faded and aging former great. I think Oscar is still 5 years younger, and has been keeping more active then KT. Plus KT would be moving up in weight. I don't think this is a good fight for him.
Im not expecting to see the old KT (or anything for that matter). I know its not a good fight for him but you cant sneeze at the amount of attention and money this fight would generate.
teke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2008, 11:29 PM   #32
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Im not expecting to see the old KT (or anything for that matter). I know its not a good fight for him but you cant sneeze at the amount of attention and money this fight would generate.
I realise there is a lot of money at stake, but Kostya is very well off, and doesn't need to sacrifice his health to make a buck IMO. I think he is well and truely past it now, to take on such a hard fight first up. Its all subjective really.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #33
boxa01
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

i would love to see kt and odlh get it on... would of been heaps bigger years ago but would still generate alot of interest to boxing...odlh wins comfortably if it happens
boxa01 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #34
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I realise there is a lot of money at stake, but Kostya is very well off, and doesn't need to sacrifice his health to make a buck IMO. I think he is well and truely past it now, to take on such a hard fight first up. Its all subjective really.
Personally i couldnt care if he came back or not but if he said he wanted to take the fight then he would know how much he had left in his tank or bank

I painstakingly rewatched Hatton vs KT a few weeks ago and KT looked ok for how little he was allowed to box. His timing was there, however Hatton was def the wrong character to be meeting after such a long layoff at his age. Im gonna stick my neck out and say that I would rather KT fight Oscar right now than KT fight Hatton back then. Hatton is a terrible mutt of a dog to have after you when fitness might be an issue.

Oscar vs KT would be more stand-off-ish type boxing match which KT may handle better. That being said KT would have to move up in weight and have little to no advantages.

Its good to fantasize about this match in Russia though
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #35
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Jones looking for new foe!
Wednesday, January 23 2008

An ebullient Roy Jones Jr. (52-4, 38 KOs), energized by his win over Felix "Tito" Trinidad at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night, says he is ready to take on all comers. "I told you Roy Jones Jr. is back," Jones said. "I'll take the winner of either the rematch between Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor or Joe Calzaghe vs. Bernard Hopkins. I'm even willing to go down to 156 pounds to face Oscar De La Hoya in May. Line them up and I'll knock them down. I always said that with the right motivation and focus I can still be Superman. I saw it in the gym leading up to the fight and Tito Trinidad and everybody else saw it on Saturday night at the Garden. Like I said, line 'em up and I'll knock them down."

Has he forgot what ****ed him up to start with!!!

RJJ cant make 156lbs
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #36
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member

Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
vCash: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I really hope KT doesnt fight again, its almost time to admit he is retired for good, which i think is best for him.

Oscar should fight any bum, and i hope he gets beaten. So the Mayweather fight doesnt go ahead.

Mayweather vs Cotto is what we want!!!!
yeh i hope kt doesnt come back and i also hope oscar doesnt win that fight so that hopefully williams or cotto r the next option 4 pbf...
stuistylee is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #37
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

yeah mate, i like oscar, but him fighting Forbes is a ****in joke!! Id love to see Paulie dance around Oscar and pot shot him all night. At least that would prepare him for the speedy hands of Mayweather.
Marcus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum