Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #46
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eifel / Germany
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJackal View Post
Vitali's legacy is holding one belt while the number one heavyweight unified the rest of the division ?
jisi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #47
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Puyallup/Seattle
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post
Steward is right and he only tells the truth.
Steward is a great trainer..his commentary and opinion not so much
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #48
Rangersfan1982
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rule Britannia
Posts: 1,868
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tora View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Brilliant.
Rangersfan1982 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #49
BlackWall
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJackal View Post
Vitali's legacy is holding one belt while the number one heavyweight unified the rest of the division ?

its not vitalis fault that toevid chose wlad and valuev ducked him all the time

still the only brothers in history of boxing who held all the belds at the same time.
BlackWall is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #50
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eifel / Germany
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime1367 View Post
Steward is a great trainer..his commentary and opinion not so much
His opinion is right. He tells like it was. Lewis won TKO 6.

And Steward believes in Wlad when all people (including his own brother) gives him up.

I will never forget this. And Wlad stays to Emanuel. Great team.
jisi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:20 AM   #51
FrochFan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWall View Post
the fastest hw championchip belt winner 2 rounds
You Klitschko fans dont know anything about History. Sonny Liston KOd Patterson in 1 round. Thats the fastest belt winner.

Quote:
tell me one boxer who come back from a 4 years retiremant to win the title in his first fight.
He won a floating belt, not the title. Vitali has never been Heavyweight champion, I know it hurts for you to read this but its true.
FrochFan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #52
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWall View Post
the fastest hw championchip belt winner 2 rounds
the least-used rounds till the championchip fight 55 rounds
the first boxer who won immediately a titel after 4 years retirement
rarely lose a round, never back on the scorecards
the only one hw-champ who was kickbox champ too
and mayby in the future the first boxer who became a president of a country
1. This is a lie. Tyson beat Trevor Berbick in 2 rounds by KO to win the belt. Liston KO'd Patterson in 1.

2. Vacant title

3. Nobody else has attempted to do this. Vitali was granted 'champion emertius' status when he retired, meaning that when he came back, unless he lost his first match, he would automatically be champion. He did not beat a reigning champion. Foreman retired for 10 years and then won his first fight after retirement, there's no difference.

4. Rarely lose a round again...that's....that doesn't mean anything.

5. Nothing to do with boxing

6. Nothing to do with boxing

Pretty poor from you really.
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #53
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
it hasnt. that has everything to do with being 38. nearly every HW champ in history had retired at or before 38, with 1 or 2 exceptions in the entire history.

So what he did wasthe norm.

What is unusual is for someone to expect a 38 year old to keep on defencing their title. People should top asking why he reitred when ALL the evidence backs up Lennox's action.

Put plainly, you'd need to be a tithead to ask a 38 year old champ to keep defending against best opposition available, since noone in history ever did that. So dont be that tithead.
That is fine but dont claim you beat Vitali. If he wants to brag about Vitali then should have given him the rematch.
maciek4 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #54
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 75
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciek4 View Post
That is fine but dont claim you beat Vitali. If he wants to brag about Vitali then should have given him the rematch.
He did beat Vitali. He can claim it all he wants.
Vidic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #55
Smashgar
McMustache Nuthugger
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 532
vCash: 356
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Tko6
Smashgar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #56
awesome1612
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,191
vCash: 600
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Steward said that Wladimir would beat Lennox

So if you believe Steward on his opinion alone (which is based upon his own huge ego) then Lennox is better then Vitali but Wlad is much better than Lennox.

It's the opposite though, and Steward is just too delusional to believe so.
awesome1612 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #57
sir axeman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,853
vCash: 1175
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesome1612 View Post
lennox was out on his feet 2x during the fight, he was going down typical Vitali fashion in the 7th/8th rounds.

lewis refused the rematch and retired, Vitali RTD6 Lewis.

Deal with it.
Record/history books say TKO 6. FACT. Genuine classic and correct case of a stoppage due to bad cuts sustained through punches.

TKO 6 is the bottom line. What might of happend is all fairy tales.
sir axeman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #58
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
1. This is a lie. Tyson beat Trevor Berbick in 2 rounds by KO to win the belt. Liston KO'd Patterson in 1.

2. Vacant title

3. Nobody else has attempted to do this. Vitali was granted 'champion emertius' status when he retired, meaning that when he came back, unless he lost his first match, he would automatically be champion. He did not beat a reigning champion. Foreman retired for 10 years and then won his first fight after retirement, there's no difference.

4. Rarely lose a round again...that's....that doesn't mean anything.

5. Nothing to do with boxing

6. Nothing to do with boxing

Pretty poor from you really.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #59
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eifel / Germany
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrochFan View Post
You Klitschko fans dont know anything about History. Sonny Liston KOd Patterson in 1 round. Thats the fastest belt winner.



He won a floating belt, not the title. Vitali has never been Heavyweight champion, I know it hurts for you to read this but its true.


Absolut true, and as it becomes rough in 2005, Vitali retired.

Wlad fought an eliminator to deserve a chance against the Champion Chris Byrd and after that he unifies the titles. Making all his mandatory fights.

When Wlad was Champ again, TV on the board and all was fine, Vitali decided to come back by using his "Emeritus Status" to fight direct for the WBC Championship.
jisi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #60
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Steward on TKO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post


Absolut true, and as it becomes rough in 2005, Vitali retired.

Wlad fought an eliminator to deserve a chance against the Champion Chris Byrd and after that he unifies the titles. Making all his mandatory fights.

When Wlad was Champ again, TV on the board and all was fine, Vitali decided to come back by using his "Emeritus Status" to fight direct for the WBC Championship.
If you were Wlad would you try to divorce Vitali, or at least change your surname to dissociate yourself from him
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013