Old 07-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #16
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195
Default Re: HOOPER BOMBs BROWNE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeaveisback View Post
One thing it might do especially if he got a medal, and that is build his profile in Australia.... might help when he goes on to be a pro

All he needs now is Mundine to come out and support him and the general public will really turn against him
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
daz52 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #17
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52 View Post
I'm a white anglo Aussie and i Agree with everything CHoc says in that article.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #18
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I just watched the fight and he looked tentative and almost sloppy in the first 2 rounds, 3rd round he just came out and had a go.... Hopefully he fights all 3 rounds against the Ruski .
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #19
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 13001

Dam its like someone shoved a rocket up his date after rd 2 cause he just exploded in rd 3 non stop attack
And Some of the punches he throws won't be found in any text book thats for sure.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #20
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

it isn't the fact that he wore the aboriginal flag on his shirt, it is the fact that he didn't wear the regulation shirt. That is like me coming out representing australia but wearing the west australian flag on my shirt, no matter whether or not you agree with it , the australian flag represents all australians, aboriginals included, it is fine to be proud of your heritage but that doesn't give you permission to break the rules that are put in place for a reason.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #21
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
Do you agree with Choc perpetuating racism in sport?
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #22
left jab danny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 13001

Quote:
I just watched the fight and he looked tentative and almost sloppy in the first 2 rounds, 3rd round he just came out and had a go.... Hopefully he fights all 3 rounds against the Ruski .
I was thinking the same thing,maybe nerves got to him and it took a while for him to settle down.
left jab danny is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #23
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

lol @ comment 3.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #24
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post
Dam its like someone shoved a rocket up his date after rd 2 cause he just exploded in rd 3 non stop attack
And Some of the punches he throws won't be found in any text book thats for sure.

Some of those punches he threw from down below his waste were awesome... The yank never seen them coming
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #25
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeaveisback View Post
It didn't take long.

I wonder if Hooper wears the t-shirt again for his next fight

Let's face it in a sport like boxing in Australia, you have to push the boundaries to get noticed. I hope he does it again but he'll need to keep winning for it to have a big impact

I wonder if he can be be banned or disqualified for wearing the shirt???
If the answer is no, he should keep doing it .
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #26
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Do you agree with Choc perpetuating racism in sport?
I dont think sport or the world in general needs any help from Anthony to keep racism alive.

And to answer your question, I RESPECT anybody who stands up for what they believe in, especially if they are part of a minority.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #27
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
i think the poms built a pretty good country. then the poles, itallians, asians etc, all chipped in. theres nothing wrong with the union jack. although there have been atrocities commited under it.

the poms help civilise the world. give them some credit. i understand and have a good knowledge of what happened to our indigenous, and other indigenous races the poms 'civilised'. but in the end, we are who we are because of our past. i wont cringe from it.

we died in 2 world wars under the union jack. we have flown that flag at every sporting event. our former and current athletes are proud of that flag. dont belittle the pride generations have appreciated holding the flag of australia.

if ever our flag changes, i hope there is a space for the union jack on it. it is part of our history that we should be proud of.

i would accept the aboriginal flag as our flag also. but it should have a union jack apon it as well. it is where we came from. it is who built us. it is from her we get our democracy, law, and learning. our favourite sports, are all from the UK, and i include AFL in that.

our current flag may not represent where we are going, but it represents how we got to be the best country on earth. there should always be a place on our flag for the union jack.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #28
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
it isn't the fact that he wore the aboriginal flag on his shirt, it is the fact that he didn't wear the regulation shirt. That is like me coming out representing australia but wearing the west australian flag on my shirt, no matter whether or not you agree with it , the australian flag represents all australians, aboriginals included, it is fine to be proud of your heritage but that doesn't give you permission to break the rules that are put in place for a reason.
I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree. I doubt you could find too many aborigines that feel the current flag represents them. I'm a proud Ausralian with Maltese heritage on mums side (Dad's side goes back all the way to the convicts) and I don't feel the current flag represents me at all. When I look at it all I see is Britain's flag on one side and a bunch of stars on the other not unique to Australia in any way.

I do agree that Hooper broke the rules. It's not about what the shirt said or had on it but that he wore it at all. Still not going to knock him for doing it but again thats my opinion.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #29
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree. I doubt you could find too many aborigines that feel the current flag represents them. I'm a proud Ausralian with Maltese heritage on mums side (Dad's side goes back all the way to the convicts) and I don't feel the current flag represents me at all. When I look at it all I see is Britain's flag on one side and a bunch of stars on the other not unique to Australia in any way.

I do agree that Hooper broke the rules. It's not about what the shirt said or had on it but that he wore it at all. Still not going to knock him for doing it but again thats my opinion.
yeah fair enough mate your entitled to your opinion . I can understand that many aboriginals cant identify with the current flag, just as much as i can't identify with the indigenous flag, i think it would be appropriate for us to find a happy medium.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #30
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

all I see is Britain's flag on one side and a bunch of stars on the other not unique to Australia in any way.
ok dummy. the stars are the southern cross. google it for your education.

the uk built this country, from its laws, democracy, infrastruture, culture, to become the best country on earth. we are born of britain. just like your second name is of your father, the union jack represents our birth, our growth, our maturity as a country worthy or world respect.

dont think too hard. just hate, fool.
swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum