Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #31
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: HOOPER BOMBs BROWNE!

The aboriginal flag needs to be incorporated into a new flag. Aboriginals are 'true' Australians, they should be represented on the flag.
However rules are rules for a reason and I don't think it's the place for Hooper to do this, as someone else said it opens up a pandoras box for political, racial statements to be made. Imagine if he got kicked out of the games for something like this? It's just not worth it, wear your aboriginal flag when you turn pro or at the closing ceremony.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #32
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
yeah fair enough mate your entitled to your opinion . I can understand that many aboriginals cant identify with the current flag, just as much as i can't identify with the indigenous flag, i think it would be appropriate for us to find a happy medium.

Definetly agree mate I just try to see both sides of the coin. A flag that all Australians can agree on and be proud of would be appropriate.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #33
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
ok dummy. the stars are the southern cross. google it for your education.

the uk built this country, from its laws, democracy, infrastruture, culture, to become the best country on earth. we are born of britain. just like your second name is of your father, the union jack represents our birth, our growth, our maturity as a country worthy or world respect.

dont think too hard. just hate, fool.
maybe I wasn't clear. I am well aware of what the Southern Cross is and I stick by my opinion that it is not unique to Australia.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #34
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52 View Post
maybe I wasn't clear. I am well aware of what the Southern Cross is and I stick by my opinion that it is not unique to Australia.

A lot of idiots when asked why they have a southern cross tattoo's etc... Still beleive it can only be seen in Australian Skies...
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #35
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipsy View Post
A lot of idiots when asked why they have a southern cross tattoo's etc... Still beleive it can only be seen in Australian Skies...
a southern cross tattoo is a great way to identify a redneck.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #36
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
a southern cross tattoo is a great way to identify a redneck.

isn't it what
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #37
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The look on people's faces when you tell them the Southern Cross is on a few other nations flags is priceless.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #38
globeman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1300

Quote:
I doubt you could find too many aborigines that feel the current flag represents them.
Not trying to cause a drama, but Aboriginals are a very small minority and alot have British blood also so changing the flag that Australia has fought under mmmmmmmm. Hell even the man himself is half White.

Quote:
I'm a proud Ausralian with Maltese heritage on mums side (Dad's side goes back all the way to the convicts) and I don't feel the current flag represents me at all. When I look at it all I see is Britain's flag on one side and a bunch of stars on the other not unique to Australia in any way.
Who cares about unique when it represents your country ? You have an Anglo surname no doubt and you believe the flag does not represent you, why ?

Last edited by globeman; 07-31-2012 at 12:21 AM.
globeman is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #39
mateostojic

Quote:
I just watched the fight and he looked tentative and almost sloppy in the first 2 rounds, 3rd round he just came out and had a go.... Hopefully he fights all 3 rounds against the Ruski .
Where can i find the fight online?
Is there a site that puts up all the olympic boxing bouts? I have been trying to find the fights that i missed, but had no success.

Mate
mateostojic is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 12:33 AM   #40
whipsy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateostojic View Post
Is there a site that puts up all the olympic boxing bouts? I have been trying to find the fights that i missed, but had no success.

Mate

I was looking for the same thing mate but had no luck, I had a mate upload it to facebook, I shared it on my facebook page but cant figure out how to download it from facebook in order to upload it elsewhere.
whipsy is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 AM   #41
Max Power
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Has anyone used the Foxtel Olympics app on the IPad?

I don't have an Ipad, but by the sounds of it you should be able to watch all the fights live on that if you had one
Max Power is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 12:57 AM   #42
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by globeman View Post
Not trying to cause a drama, but Aboriginals are a very small minority and alot have British blood also so changing the flag that Australia has fought under mmmmmmmm. Hell even the man himself is half White.

Who cares about unique when it represents your country ? You have an Anglo surname no doubt and you believe the flag does not represent you, why ?
Not sure why you pointed out a lot of Aboriginals are mixed but I do agree that a lot are mixed.

Who cares about unique when it represents your country?

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought thats why different countries had different flags, each one was unique to their country? Nothing on our flag is unique to Australia. I do have an Anglo surname and I see nothing in the flag that represents me as what I see myself as, an Australian.

As I stated in another post when I look at our current flag I see two things.

1.The British flag - don't feel that represents me in any way.
2. A bunch of stars (hi swingin) which are in no way unique to Australia - again don't see how that represents ME as an AUSTRALIAN.

Say if our flag had a kangaroo on it in place of where the current Southern Cross is. (Not at all saying I would prefer that or thats what should be there) I would look at it and get why it is there. It is unique to our nation and no one else's. The Southern Cross is seen from many different countries like Brazil and Samoa and is on many different flags like New Zealands and PNG.

Can I ask you a question? You said "you have an Anglo surname no doubt and you believe the flag does not represent you". What does me having an anglo surname have to do with anything? Why did you throw that comment in along with your question?
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #43
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateostojic View Post

Mate
Mate I have had no luck even finding highlights of the fights from YouTube to Ch 9 website. Let me know if you find it.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #44
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

He has to be sanctioned & set straight, nobood y is denying his pride in his heritage but if you let one kid do it everyone will want to do it

Do you realise how many minorities must be competing at the games??
what if a Basque kid went to an event in a Basque flag instead of Spanish or French? or the same for Tamils in Sri Lanka, & there are heaps of minorities in India, China etc, the whole thing opens up a minefield & takes away from the unity of the olympics

Save the politics for another forum, the Olympics aint it
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #45
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Nevermind, you want to watch a replay.. not to watch live
dealt_with is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum