kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: HOOPER BOMBs BROWNE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
Why doeant it sit right with you??

He's both ignorant & extremely arrogant, he needs to understand that he & his people are only one of multitudes of ethnic minorities competing for their larger country, Aboriginals arent that important in the political landscape & some of those other minorities like the Tamils etc might have a much fiercer political & social voice if allowed to "protest" at an event that shouldnt, cant have political grandstanding involved
Have to say i agree with Anus on this one.

Everybody knows the rules going into the tournament.

This has nothing to do for sticking up for his people........ As Anus said, lots of minorities around the world in a tougher plight than the Aboriginal
kel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #62
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Why doeant it sit right with you??

He's both ignorant & extremely arrogant, he needs to understand that he & his people are only one of multitudes of ethnic minorities competing for their larger country, Aboriginals arent that important in the political landscape & some of those other minorities like the Tamils etc might have a much fiercer political & social voice if allowed to "protest" at an event that shouldnt, cant have political grandstanding involved
Fair call I guess sphincter.

I understand why the rule is there..but i think it was harmless.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #63
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

there r more fighters in our team that have aboriginal heritage, .....and they seem to be proud enough to wear the T.E.A.M. colours
bluey is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #64
Burt Shoogar

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey View Post
there r more fighters in our team that have aboriginal heritage, .....and they seem to be proud enough to wear the T.E.A.M. colours
Yeah like who mate? Cameron Hammond looks Sri Lankan to me.
Burt Shoogar is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #65
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52 View Post
I respect your opinion but I strongly disagree. I doubt you could find too many aborigines that feel the current flag represents them. I'm a proud Ausralian with Maltese heritage on mums side (Dad's side goes back all the way to the convicts) and I don't feel the current flag represents me at all. When I look at it all I see is Britain's flag on one side and a bunch of stars on the other not unique to Australia in any way.

I do agree that Hooper broke the rules. It's not about what the shirt said or had on it but that he wore it at all. Still not going to knock him for doing it but again thats my opinion.
well said..

i dont think what he Damien did was wrong but it does go against the rules simple as that.

agree fully about the flag though
Super_Fly_Sam is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #66
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
a southern cross tattoo is a great way to identify a redneck.
they go great with VL Commodores as well. lol
Old 07-31-2012, 08:05 AM   #67
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
breaking the rules and wearing an aboriginal flag on a t shirt into the ring, hooper beat the big mouthed yank 13 to 11.

good shit....both ways.
He hasnt broken any IOC rule, Unofficial flags are banned at the Olympic Games and the Aboriginal flag is legally an Offical flag of Australia. This was done by legislation in 1995 by Prime Minister Paul Keating. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags are recognised as official flags of Australia, and shouldn't be viewed simply as a political statement.

This bullsht reminds me of the Arthur Tunstall days, i thought we had moved on from that crap?

The Aborignal Flag was even flown at several Olympic venues at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney. Its bureaucratic insanity
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #68
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
He hasnt broken any IOC rule, Unofficial flags are banned at the Olympic Games and the Aboriginal flag is legally an Offical flag of Australia. This was done by legislation in 1995 by Prime Minister Paul Keating. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags are recognised as official flags of Australia, and shouldn't be viewed simply as a political statement.

This bullsht reminds me of the Arthur Tunstall days, i thought we had moved on from that crap?

The Aborignal Flag was even flown at several Olympic venues at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney. Its bureaucratic insanity
hmm i did not know that about the flags. learn something new everyday
Old 07-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #69
Super_Fly_Sam
Aus Boxer
ESB Senior Member

THE SEARCH IS OVER!!

Damien Hoopers fight can be watched at;
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #70
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Fly_Sam View Post
hmm i did not know that about the flags. learn something new everyday
Not just that m8 but also legally the kid is within his right to fly the Kori flag as the SOCOG has already set a precendence at the sydney 2000 games.

Quote:

The Sydney Games Organising Committee (SOCOG) said on Monday the Aboriginal flag will be welcomed at official venues, though there will be size limits.

SOCOG spokesman Milton ****burn told Reuters a report in The Sunday Age newspaper that SOCOG had banned spectators from taking the Aboriginal flag into venues was wrong.

Under a long-standing rule, flags from non-participating countries may not be flown at the Games. But the Aboriginal flag, which is highly symbolical, would not be considered in this light.

"The IOC has made it clear that they are relaxed about the Aboriginal flag and they understand its significance in Australia," ****burn said.
He said the flag would not be regarded as a prohibited item for spectators, but it would be up to individual teams to decide whether athletes carried it.
So its the AOC being the asshats in this one. He was warned by the AOC, the ICO dont give a rats ass.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #71
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Fly_Sam View Post
THE SEARCH IS OVER!!

Damien Hoopers fight can be watched at;

Its been up for a while m8, whipper put it up 11hrs ago, the whipper rocks
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #72
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Not just that m8 but also legally the kid is within his right to fly the Kori flag as the SOCOG has already set a precendence at the sydney 2000 games.

So its the AOC being the asshats in this one. He was warned by the AOC, the ICO dont give a rats ass.

They understood the signifigance in Australia, presumably during our home Olympics in Australia!!

Could you imagine if an Athlete representing Spain or France walks in wearing a tshirt with the Basque flag on it?? ( i know you wouldnt have a clue you uneducated hick) or if a Tamil representing Sri Lanka?? or a Kurd representing Turkey or Iraq?? a Chechnian representing Russia?? or any number of the other thousands of minorities who have much more volatile histories than Aborigines, the political, social implications on a world scale could be rather more dramatic than a slap on the wrist for the athlete

If one kid gets away with it, they may as well all get away with it

The last thing the Olympics needs is political posturing
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #73
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
They understood the signifigance in Australia, presumably during our home Olympics in Australia!!

Could you imagine if an Athlete representing Spain or France walks in wearing a tshirt with the Basque flag on it?? ( i know you wouldnt have a clue you uneducated hick) or if a Tamil representing Sri Lanka?? or a Kurd representing Turkey or Iraq?? a Chechnian representing Russia?? or any number of the other thousands of minorities who have much more volatile histories than Aborigines, the political, social implications on a world scale could be rather more dramatic than a slap on the wrist for the athlete

If one kid gets away with it, they may as well all get away with it

The last thing the Olympics needs is political posturing
So then the Kangaroo flag is ok but the Kori flag is not? as for your other comparisons they dont qualify. Kori flag is an offical flag of AUSTRALIA moron.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #74
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
So then the Kangaroo flag is ok but the Kori flag is not? as for your other comparisons they dont qualify. Kori flag is an offical flag of AUSTRALIA moron.

No, neither would be ok, the Boxing Kangaroo flag isnt political but its in no way official, its a novelty flag, in the boxing i believe they were told to wear the colour of their corner, red or blue & thats it

I explained to you about the amount of minorities there are in just about all countries around the world, if you allowed them all to make a statement based on ther ethnicity, religion, tribe or otherwise you'd have the biggest shit fight ever & if you dont take seriously how stringently the IOC takes its image, just try & use any of their intellectual property anywhere for your own purposes

The flag might have some kind of official status as an official australian flag, but it is not "The National Flag" there is only one official national flag.....moron

& whats a ****ing "Kori"
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #75
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
No, neither would be ok, the Boxing Kangaroo flag isnt political but its in no way official, its a novelty flag, in the boxing i believe they were told to wear the colour of their corner, red or blue & thats it

I explained to you about the amount of minorities there are in just about all countries around the world, if you allowed them all to make a statement based on ther ethnicity, religion, tribe or otherwise you'd have the biggest shit fight ever & if you dont take seriously how stringently the IOC takes its image, just try & use any of their intellectual property anywhere for your own purposes

The flag might have some kind of official status as an official australian flag, but it is not "The National Flag" there is only one official national flag.....moron

& whats a ****ing "Kori"
A Kori is another word for an Aborignal

IOC dont give a rats ass its the AOC that are kicking up a fuss, and there is no political statment, the flag doesnt represent that as such, technically its breaking no IOC Rule but the AOC got their nose stuck up in the air about it. Good on him for being proud of his culture and heritage and fck the haters i say.
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum