Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #16
frankd01
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tony Abbott - Former boxer?

Like it takes so much conviction to come out these days and claim to be an Athiest....it takes more conviction to admit you believe in something.

I have never heard Abbott push religion. Do you have a problem with people who have religious beliefs? Or just Abbott?

As to gay marriage, Julia has come out saying she dosen't support it either. Is she a homophobe?

As for morals, I wish the Labor party had some....
frankd01 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #17
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

concious vote ????? from a liar!! wat planet r u on
bluey is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #18
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

IMHO, he's just Liberal Party's monkey, who wouldn't know how to run sheep station without sheep Kangaroo Island let alone Australia
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #19
frankd01
Journeyman

Track record seems to prove that the Liberals know how to run the country. Labor just seems to spend and run up debt every time they are in power, then the Libs get in and clean up the mess.
frankd01 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #20
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankd01 View Post
Like it takes so much conviction to come out these days and claim to be an Athiest....it takes more conviction to admit you believe in something.

I have never heard Abbott push religion. Do you have a problem with people who have religious beliefs? Or just Abbott?

As to gay marriage, Julia has come out saying she dosen't support it either. Is she a homophobe?

We're lucky in Australia we aren't so religiously blinded but it's still risky to reject religion when you are the leader of a country, if Obama did it he'd have no chance

I have no problem with people's religious beliefs, I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic, I don't want it pushed on me & it unsettles me when it gets mentioned around politics & public office for leverage, perhaps I'm cynical but I see it as a political tool

No I don't believe she's a homophobe but she has her views on the institution of marriage, I don't support her views on the subject, I think a conscious vote in the parliament is a good move
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #21
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Track record seems to prove that the Liberals know how to run the country. Labor just seems to spend and run up debt every time they are in power, then the Libs get in and clean up the mess.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. ATM, Australia is looking extremely good $$$$$ wise, even though we suffered extreme disasters in recent times.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #22
frankd01
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
We're lucky in Australia we aren't so religiously blinded but it's still risky to reject religion when you are the leader of a country, if Obama did it he'd have no chance

I have no problem with people's religious beliefs, I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic, I don't want it pushed on me & it unsettles me when it gets mentioned around politics & public office for leverage, perhaps I'm cynical but I see it as a political tool

No I don't believe she's a homophobe but she has her views on the institution of marriage, I don't support her views on the subject, I think a conscious vote in the parliament is a good move
How about letting the Australian public vote for it rather than a vote in parliment?
frankd01 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #23
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
How about letting the Australian public vote for it rather than a vote in parliment?

The Australian public does vote, usually every four years
Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #24
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

honestly i dont mine abbot... lol i rekon he'd KO ty(by arse rappin).....the bloke has balls to say wat feels thats wat i respect about him....gillard , is riding the wave of of what john howrd set up ( liberal sad but true ) .. and she is doing nothing for that wave so that wave is going to crash soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eventualy job loses in the public sector, , more job cuts to retail, and jobs sent overseas, and y miss gillard can y not explain y or give a reason about the illegal regugee statuss ?? .. its coz it costs more to send them back them keep them!
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #25
frankd01
Journeyman

Quote:
The Australian public does vote, usually every four years
That is rather deceptive as both major parties went to an election stating that they did not support gay marriage. The only party that did was the Greens. As only 11% of the population supported the Greens at the election, then this could indicate that the majority of Australians do not support gay marriage or dont consider it to be an issue they voted.

The needs of many outweigh the needs of a few......the quote Star Track
frankd01 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #26
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
That is rather deceptive as both major parties went to an election stating that they did not support gay marriage. The only party that did was the Greens. As only 11% of the population supported the Greens at the election, then this could indicate that the majority of Australians do not support gay marriage or dont consider it to be an issue they voted.

The needs of many outweigh the needs of a few......the quote Star Track

I can't remember it being a major election issue & I doubt the fact the greens were pro gay marriage & if they got 11% of the vote, that is no indication of the Australia wide support of the issue

We elect politicians to legislate & you can't expect a referendum or plebiscite on every issue that comes up, if you have some issues & policies that float your boat, vote accordingly when an election comes up
Old 07-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #27
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
Typical response from a staunch labor/greenie voter.

Abbott owns your arse in every facet of life........ respect your future PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
honestly i dont mine abbot... lol i rekon he'd KO ty(by arse rappin).....the bloke has balls to say wat feels thats wat i respect about him....gillard , is riding the wave of of what john howrd set up ( liberal sad but true ) .. and she is doing nothing for that wave so that wave is going to crash soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eventualy job loses in the public sector, , more job cuts to retail, and jobs sent overseas, and y miss gillard can y not explain y or give a reason about the illegal regugee statuss ?? .. its coz it costs more to send them back them keep them!

labor/greens
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #28
frankd01
Journeyman

Quote:
I can't remember it being a major election issue & I doubt the fact the greens were pro gay marriage & if they got 11% of the vote, that is no indication of the Australia wide support of the issue

We elect politicians to legislate & you can't expect a referendum or plebiscite on every issue that comes up, if you have some issues & policies that float your boat, vote accordingly when an election comes up
If a party has a stance of something before an election and then changes than stance, then I think a vote needs to go before the public before legislation is changed. Everyone has a dig at John Howard for changing his stance on the GST, however, at least he took it to an election and was voted in. Can't say the same about the Carbon Tax or Gay Marriage, which were both only supported by the Greens before an election.

We live in a domocacy not Nazi Germany......
frankd01 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #29
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If a party has a stance of something before an election and then changes than stance, then I think a vote needs to go before the public before legislation is changed. Everyone has a dig at John Howard for changing his stance on the GST, however, at least he took it to an election and was voted in. Can't say the same about the Carbon Tax or Gay Marriage, which were both only supported by the Greens before an election.

We live in a domocacy not Nazi Germany......

True, we live in a democracy & if enough constituents in mp's electorates express views & lobby for change & a MP Moves a private members bill in the parliament & politicians, with the views of constituents in mind debates the issue & votes To change policy, then I think thats pretty democratic

Now if only Abbott allowed the liberals to follow suite, the legislation might have a chance of being passed & wouldn't that be a wonderful little addition to 21st century Australia?
Old 07-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #30
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post

labor/greens

i have always been in family that supported labor and and since kevin rudd lost leader ship i have i lost fave in aussie labor leadship(as that was fixed and no fool can deny it), the better for ther job was fuked over, who is still riding the waves off john howards succsess but will soon crumble... and us in it !... rudd, abbott even beasly would be better than gillard ..simple fact , they are all smarter than her.. they are multi-lingual, guaduated at harved or cambridge in the uk..... fuk that ranga but at the end of the day labor is dying, beasly said it, it is moving towards a more and more independent culture... maybe this is the future...a mass vote. for our welfare with people from our neighborhoods representing us.
aussie opinion is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum