Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #31
frankd01
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tony Abbott - Former boxer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
True, we live in a democracy & if enough constituents in mp's electorates express views & lobby for change & a MP Moves a private members bill in the parliament & politicians, with the views of constituents in mind debates the issue & votes To change policy, then I think thats pretty democratic

Now if only Abbott allowed the liberals to follow suite, the legislation might have a chance of being passed & wouldn't that be a wonderful little addition to 21st century Australia?
Personally, I couldn't care either way, but there are valid points to both sides of the arguement and laws should not be changed to apease a minority. Best way is to put the vote to the Australian public then it will be a true reflection of what the public wants. To do it any other way is just undemocratic.
frankd01 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 08:34 AM   #32
swilson120
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Can't fkn believe the two iron with ears was a heavyweight
swilson120 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #33
DJB1
Journeyman

Whats going on in that pic. Big superman style punch with left hand down. The other guy dont look like he is wearing gloves. And heavyweight, huh, Abbott would be lucky to be a middle
DJB1 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #34
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie opinion View Post
i have always been in family that supported labor and and since kevin rudd lost leader ship i have i lost fave in aussie labor leadship(as that was fixed and no fool can deny it), the better for ther job was fuked over, who is still riding the waves off john howards succsess but will soon crumble... and us in it !... rudd, abbott even beasly would be better than gillard ..simple fact , they are all smarter than her.. they are multi-lingual, guaduated at harved or cambridge in the uk..... fuk that ranga but at the end of the day labor is dying, beasly said it, it is moving towards a more and more independent culture... maybe this is the future...a mass vote. for our welfare with people from our neighborhoods representing us.

I'm glad they're smarter than Gillard, because I doubt you're smarter than an amoeba
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #35
PIRA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I admire Gillard for having the conviction to come out & say she is Agnostic or an Athiest, i cant remember which exactly, whilst Abbott moralises about Abortion & takes every oportunity to do the American thing of leaning on religion as a political tool

I dont like people pushing religion, i dont agree with anti Abortion, i dont like homophobes & people who get all precious about their version of marriage etc, me & Julia are still coming to terms on that last one, at least she's for a conscious vote, i'd be happy with Penny Wong as prime minister also

The irony. Each time you use the word religion substitute greenie votes and you described Gillard exactly.

Penny Wong as prime minister - what a joke. Not even an unconscious voter would choose that clown.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #36
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankd01 View Post
Personally, I couldn't care either way, but there are valid points to both sides of the arguement and laws should not be changed to apease a minority. Best way is to put the vote to the Australian public then it will be a true reflection of what the public wants. To do it any other way is just undemocratic.

I don't know that it effects enough people in any real adverse way to warrant spending billions on a referendum, but like I said, it won't get passed through parliament without the liberals support

However, as I said, I applaud labor having the debate to possibly warrant changing their policy, it's hard to be critical of open mindedly talking about the implications
Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 AM   #37
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post

The irony. Each time you use the word religion substitute greenie votes and you described Gillard exactly.

Penny Wong as prime minister - what a joke. Not even an unconscious voter would choose that clown.

We've been through this last week, we all know Abbott would have formed government with the greens & independents if he could have, he courted them as Gillard did, labour is just dealing with the reality of a hung parliament & has actually surprised a lot of people under the circumstances
Old 07-31-2012, 08:45 AM   #38
PIRA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
True, we live in a democracy & if enough constituents in mp's electorates express views & lobby for change & a MP Moves a private members bill in the parliament & politicians, with the views of constituents in mind debates the issue & votes To change policy, then I think thats pretty democratic

Now if only Abbott allowed the liberals to follow suite, the legislation might have a chance of being passed & wouldn't that be a wonderful little addition to 21st century Australia?
What policy are you referring to? And BTW party policy aligned voting is a feature of all political parties. Sort of goes hand in hand with being in tune with your fellow party members. So lets not pretend there is some moralistic or any other reason for Abbot to shatter the conception of an effective opposition.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #39
PIRA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
We've been through this last week, we all know Abbott would have formed government with the greens & independents if he could have, he courted them as Gillard did, labour is just dealing with the reality of a hung parliament & has actually surprised a lot of people under the circumstances
Except he did not need all of them as Labor has - substantial difference in a woulda coulda shoulda debate.

Gillard certainly has surprised a lot of people under the circumstances. With Labor bias and propaganda of the last decade I thought for sure they would be a lock for the next 3 terms but Gillard / Rudd / have pissed that away.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #40
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
What policy are you referring to? And BTW party policy aligned voting is a feature of all political parties. Sort of goes hand in hand with being in tune with your fellow party members. So lets not pretend there is some moralistic or any other reason for Abbot to shatter the conception of an effective opposition.

I was refering to the same *** marriage debate & the conscience vote that is being planned

Obviously a conscience vote is a vote that doesnt rely on the party line or current policy & gives the members a chance to vote according to their own views, a pretty mature approach i'd have thought

Like i said its a pity the Liberals wont do the same
Old 07-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #41
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
courted them as gillard..yes... but he wouldnt back down to there demands like labour has
bluey is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #42
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey View Post
courted them as gillard..yes... but he wouldnt back down to there demands like labour has

Both parties had a chance to win support to form government, to suggest that Abbott wouldn't have met some of their demands if it made him prime minister is bullshit, the greens & independents saw labor as a more appropriate option
Old 07-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #43
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

1. Whats Labor & the Greens got to do with me lambasting him for being Moralistic??

2.I admire Gillard for having the conviction to come out
1. yeah. morals are really ****ed....

2. and when did julia finally 'come out'? i thought she was still hiding her lesbianism behind her poofter 'boyfriend'?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 PM   #44
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
1. yeah. morals are really ****ed....

2. and when did julia finally 'come out'? i thought she was still hiding her lesbianism behind her poofter 'boyfriend'?

Morals pertain to your own personal code, we all have different ideas & standards

Thanks for the Puerile little edit, you shouldn't have attempted a sensible criticism in the first instance if you were going to follow it up with that shit
Old 07-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #45
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

1,Morals pertain to your own personal code, we all have different ideas & standards

2. Thanks for the Puerile little edit,

3. you shouldn't have attempted a sensible criticism in the first instance

4. if you were going to follow it up with that shit
1. your 1st quote and your 4th, proves your confusion. and no, most of us have simmilar moral standards. sometimes we break them

2. i hope you have benefited.

3.kicking your ass is not an 'attempt'.

4. just the facts, jack. may we never forget indira naidoo and gillard flirting together on ABC tv before gillard was PM. try and find that little piece of aus film history. well hidden id say...

swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum