Old 07-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #47
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240
Default Re: Roy Jones was NEVER a Steroids cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajackman1 View Post
Where are you facts ???? Where was real offer from Collins ??? You claim that the 3 million from Roy's side was imaginary even though Collins acknowledged it was an offer.
Seeing how you're clearly another one with learning difficulties, I'll spell it out;

"The Irishman's promoter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has made a pounds 2million-plus offer for a unification contest between [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] super-middleweight champion Collins and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] king Jones.

Collins, 32, said: "We have made offers, good offers, to Jones's people. But never throughout his boxing career has Jones requested a fight with me. He knows I'm there, he knows I've beaten two guys he wanted to fight. I think he's a clever fighter and he knows that I have the capability of beating him.

"If they offered me Jones tomorrow, I'd take it. He is filling a void in America. There are no more Thomas Hearns', no more Marvin Haglers and no more [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]."

"I'd love to fight the guy. We've made them offers. Frank ****** has offered them good money, and even given them the choice of venue.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

------------------
"Celtic Warrior Collins says Jones will not respond to fight offers from his promoter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], despite the fact that the fight would gross far more cash than the double [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from Florida has ever earned.

Angry Collins said: "I cannot believe what Roy Jones is playing at. He says he wants to fight the best and yet he won't fight me. I have tried countless times to get him into the ring and he is chickening out.

"Whether it is Jones himself or his management playing these games I [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], but I'm fed up with everyone saying he's the best pound for pounder in the world when he won't even fight me. I beat Eubank, who beat Benn who beat McClelland, so surely I'm the best there is. The Yanks are believing Jones' own hype."

Jones says;

"If Collins wants to fight me, then fine. But he has to get in the queue.

"I know my managers offered him around $2million last November and Collins refused, saying it was too little money. That shows he's not telling the whole story.

Collins scoffed at Jones' claims and said promoter ****** had not even received a reply from Jones' management after a multi-million pound offer was tabled last week."

--------------

Collins camp makes Jones camp genuine offers, Jones camp just blatantly lie and bullshit.
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #48
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist View Post
Collins WAS OFFERED a fight, offered him 3 mil. However in this case collins did more chasing of RJJ than probably anyone FOR YEARS. Collins was to fight Calzaghe and the winner would then face Jones, but Collins collapsed in training and retired afterwards. The interesting thing about this is that he ducked Calzaghe originally. He wanted Jones because of the money that would be involved, nothing more nothing less.
No, he wasn't OFFERED it. Jones was bullshitting as usual.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #49
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 496

LOLLL @ Joe.Boxer pwning these minions with irrefutable facts. Terrific work Joe.
GlassJawsExist is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #50
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

The 90s and early 2000s were such a gray area in all of sports. Drug cheats were far ahead of testing and the financial incentives to cheat were high. Roy only tested positive once, and it was only for a steroid pre-cursor, not an actual steroid. That said, Barry Bonds never failed an officially administered test.

In short, I'm not 100% sure of any athlete's innocence or guilt, nor his competition's.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #51
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Jones is a steroid cheat. He also has a Glass Jaw and folds like a lawn chair at the first sign of adversity. These are irrefutable facts so you nuthuggers better get used to them.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #52
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassJaw***ist View Post
Jones is a steroid cheat. He also has a Glass Jaw and folds like a lawn chair at the first sign of adversity. These are irrefutable facts so you nuthuggers better get used to them.
No doubt about that.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #53
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
Seeing how you're clearly another one with learning difficulties, I'll spell it out;

"The Irishman's promoter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has made a pounds 2million-plus offer for a unification contest between [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] super-middleweight champion Collins and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] king Jones.

Collins, 32, said: "We have made offers, good offers, to Jones's people. But never throughout his boxing career has Jones requested a fight with me. He knows I'm there, he knows I've beaten two guys he wanted to fight. I think he's a clever fighter and he knows that I have the capability of beating him.

"If they offered me Jones tomorrow, I'd take it. He is filling a void in America. There are no more Thomas Hearns', no more Marvin Haglers and no more [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]."

"I'd love to fight the guy. We've made them offers. Frank ****** has offered them good money, and even given them the choice of venue.

------------------
"Celtic Warrior Collins says Jones will not respond to fight offers from his promoter [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], despite the fact that the fight would gross far more cash than the double [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from Florida has ever earned.

Angry Collins said: "I cannot believe what Roy Jones is playing at. He says he wants to fight the best and yet he won't fight me. I have tried countless times to get him into the ring and he is chickening out.

"Whether it is Jones himself or his management playing these games I [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], but I'm fed up with everyone saying he's the best pound for pounder in the world when he won't even fight me. I beat Eubank, who beat Benn who beat McClelland, so surely I'm the best there is. The Yanks are believing Jones' own hype."

Jones says;

"If Collins wants to fight me, then fine. But he has to get in the queue.

"I know my managers offered him around $2million last November and Collins refused, saying it was too little money. That shows he's not telling the whole story.

Collins scoffed at Jones' claims and said promoter ****** had not even received a reply from Jones' management after a multi-million pound offer was tabled last week."

--------------

Collins camp makes Jones camp genuine offers, Jones camp just blatantly lie and bullshit.
Your biased, you claim when Collins said he made offer, he telling the truth but when Roy said he made an offer your claiming he lieing . Here's a quote from Collins where he states Roy AGREED to fight him. " But Collins insists: "It is Jones or nothing. Jones has agreed to the fight and I have agreed. I don't need a warm up fight. Let us get it on." The issue was between Collins and HBO, HBO wanted Collins to face Calzaghe and if he beat Calzaghe he would have fought Roy. Collins collapsed when training for Calzaghe and then retired.

ajackman1 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #54
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arranmcl View Post

Found you, Abraham.
how did you manage to find me ?
Old 07-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #55
GlassJawsExist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
No doubt about that.
You should see Jacory Harris' excellent thread on the subject Arcane. He was the one who coined the "lawn chair" phrase, and he was absolutely bang on the money.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #56
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassJaw***ist View Post
Like I said how Roy a steroid cheat when the stuff he got caught for was LEGAL and only considered banned by the IBF ?? Your a just Roy hater, you wouldn't call him a glass jaw to his face, keyboard warrior. Lets see you step in the ring and get record and you'll see how tough the sport is.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #57
Arranmcl
Arran
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
how did you manage to find me ?
Honestly, it was completely by accident. I was on this thread reading it but I was also on a thread on another forum where you draw a boxing scene on paint. I remembered an image I'd seen earlier in the day on the Koncrete jungle on facebook.

As I was drawing that I gave the comments a read and saw your comment and post. "ajackman"... "Abraham Jackman"

And both your facebook and profile on here have the same avatar.

Arranmcl is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #58
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Your biased, you claim when Collins said he made offer, he telling the truth but when Roy said he made an offer your claiming he lieing . Here's a quote from Collins where he states Roy AGREED to fight him. " But Collins insists: "It is Jones or nothing. Jones has agreed to the fight and I have agreed. I don't need a warm up fight. Let us get it on." The issue was between Collins and HBO, HBO wanted Collins to face Calzaghe and if he beat Calzaghe he would have fought Roy. Collins collapsed when training for Calzaghe and then retired.

That was over two years later you stupid ****!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #59
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
That was over two years later you stupid ****!

Like I said your biased, when Collins claims he made an offer to Roy, you claim he telling the truth but shortly after Roy said there was an offer made to Collins you claim hes lying. Larry Merchant confirmed Collins turned down a lot of Money.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #60
ajackman1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Oh look a nuthugging fanboy making excuses for his hero being a steroid riddled disgrace....i'm shocked.
aint no nuthugging. I'm speaking facts

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum