Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800
Default Re: John Fitch is trying to stop B.J. from training at A.K.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
It's funny, I don't consider myself a fan of the guy and I don't ever look forward to seeing him fight, but I like that he wins because a lot of the people he pisses off the most are people who should **** off to toughman contests and so that makes me happy. Also, I like that he's the anti-Penn in that he's not very little talent but gets buy on being tough and being in great shape and grinding out wins.

Actually Jon Fitch is a tough guy. But he will never be revered as a fighter. First ,its because He is not the most talented guy out there. Second, He may have the heart to grind it out but He doesnt have the heart to take risks and make exciting fights for the fans. Especially if you knew that you will never make it with tht style as GSP beat him in his own game and busted him up. Get a clue and change it up. Its a shame He trains at AKA for what? Ive never seen him kickbox.
chimba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #17
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

It's baffling that he is able to control guys so well, but isn't confident enough to actually go for submissions. I'm sure he could have finished a fair few guys if he actually tried for subs.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
It's baffling that he is able to control guys so well, but isn't confident enough to actually go for submissions. I'm sure he could have finished a fair few guys if he actually tried for subs.
Fitch is normally so much taller that guys he can get the hooks in with his legs really low and wraps another arm around the waist of the guy, normally with back control This is obviously great at controlling a guy, but it leaves him, usually, with only one free arm to punch and not much space to swing them and gain purchase. And Fitch isnt a heavy handed guy as it is
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #19
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
A whole ago I went back and watched some of his older fights, ones where he actually attempted to finish people, and he has some awesome subs. He's a brilliant grappler, he's just stunted himself for whatever reason.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #20
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I think everyone new the RNC was his go to move, and that's relatively easy to defend when the cats out of the bag so to speak and you dont do too much damage with the gnp like Fitch.
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum