Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
jgorst05
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: 'David Haye would have been lucky to last 2 rounds with me' - Lennox Lewis

Lewis ud after haye running a marathon. If he stands and trades ko
jgorst05 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
Pt84
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: 'David Haye would have been lucky to last 2 rounds with me' - Lennox Lewis

there are haye fans??
Pt84 is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
NeckBreaknAiken
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt84 View Post
there are haye fans??
Yeah, bitch. And what?
NeckBreaknAiken is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #19
jakelamotta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
if haye fought lewis the same way he fights any other huge heavy.hes going 12 rounds with him..lewis would shut haye out just as good as wladimir would..haye isnt good enough to beat them..bar lack of training
I think that too but would say Lennox would stop Haye in the 5-7 vice second. Lewis takes way more risks than Wlad and has the better chin. In conclusion, Gaye is getting KTFO by an ATG circa round 6-- and notice I said an ATG, nothing for Gaye to be ashamed of here.
jakelamotta is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrochFan View Post
Ive been saying this forever on the Bscene boards but people thought I was joking.

Lennox does not want anybody else to beat Vitali!!!

Maybe the first year he was rooting against him, but since Vitali's comeback in 2008, Lennox has become his biggest fan. Every dominant win by Vit makes Lennox look stronger and enhances the legacy of both fighters. Now that Haye has become a legit threat, Lennox is now talking sh*t about Haye. Im not surprised.
Thats maybe true! David haye amires lennox lewis and would admit himself that he would have lost to him if they fought prime for prime!
But for lennox to say i would have knocked haye out in 2 rounds... there is some tension and jealousy from lennox side building up
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Unlike Wlad, Lewis would actually engage Haye and take him out. Of course, I doubt he would run full on at Haye and risk taking a Hayemaker, so it likely goes 4-6 rounds.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #22
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
Do I smell a shit load of money and a comeback :O

I don't know out long Haye lasts against Lewis, but he would have had the shit beat out of him.
Just imagine he comes back and fights Haye.
Florez is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakelamotta View Post
I think that too but would say Lennox would stop Haye in the 5-7 vice second. Lewis takes way more risks than Wlad and has the better chin. In conclusion, Gaye is getting KTFO by an ATG circa round 6-- and notice I said an ATG, nothing for Gaye to be ashamed of here.
he can takes as many risks as he wants..when haye dosnt take a risk..hes going 12 rounds with a superheavyweight who fights like wlad/lewis..
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #24
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Lennox never really fought counterpunchers so it's hard for me to even say Lennox has an easy time with Haye. Chances are Lennox wins on points, but I wouldn't bet on him catching Haye.

I don't think it was a matter of fear or anything like that, but Lennox was matched well when you consider he never fought southpaws, didn't fight the only real elusive guy on the scene (Byrd), didn't fight counterpunchers, and didn't fight spoilers (Ruiz). Lennox was awesome against sluggers who stood in front of him.

How that translates to him facing Haye is anyone's guess. I'd favor him on points, but the potential is there that Haye surprises and Lennox may have a stylistic weakness there. We don't know either way.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #25
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Lewis would have had trouble with Haye, depending on how his toe is of course.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
G Man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052 View Post
Lennox never really fought counterpunchers so it's hard for me to even say Lennox has an easy time with Haye. Chances are Lennox wins on points, but I wouldn't bet on him catching Haye.

I don't think it was a matter of fear or anything like that, but Lennox was matched well when you consider he never fought southpaws, didn't fight the only real elusive guy on the scene (Byrd), didn't fight counterpunchers, and didn't fight spoilers (Ruiz). Lennox was awesome against sluggers who stood in front of him.

How that translates to him facing Haye is anyone's guess. I'd favor him on points, but the potential is there that Haye surprises and Lennox may have a stylistic weakness there. We don't know either way.
There is also a very real danger of Haye landing on Lewis' marshmallow chin.
G Man is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #27
Broxi
Me Whee!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3681

Bit strange that these comments come a couple weeks after both these guys were out on the town with each other.
Broxi is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #28
Ted Stickles
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Lewis would have destroyed Haye....so 2 rounds to me does not seem like just talk.
Ted Stickles is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #29
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

hmm. would have been interesting to watch
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #30
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
he can takes as many risks as he wants..when haye dosnt take a risk..hes going 12 rounds with a superheavyweight who fights like wlad/lewis..

I disagree. Wlad let Haye run around, he never attempted to cut off the ring and force him to engage. That doesn't mean a more offensive fighter would do the same.

Lewis is far more of an offensive fighter than Wlad. Hell, anybody is more of an offensive fighter than Wlad. Wlad really deserves a ton of criticism for not forcing the action against Haye, who deserves even more for falling all over the place.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum