boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #31
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79
Default Re: 'David Haye would have been lucky to last 2 rounds with me' - Lennox Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
I disagree. Wlad let Haye run around, he never attempted to cut off the ring and force him to engage. That doesn't mean a more offensive fighter would do the same.

Lewis is far more of an offensive fighter than Wlad. Hell, anybody is more of an offensive fighter than Wlad. Wlad really deserves a ton of criticism for not forcing the action against Haye, who deserves even more for falling all over the place.
Say what you want about Wlad's style...but while we're on the topic, Wlad's faced guys who are more mobile, counterpunchers, the whole 9 yards. Lennox hasn't.

Lennox was great against a certain type of fighter, and we don't know how he'd do against the other styles because he never fought them. His resume is much more 1 dimensional than Wlad's even though he's got the bigger names.

When did you ever see Lennox walk down an athletic counterpuncher or someone with slick defense? I'd like to know, honestly, because if I'm missing that fight out of Lennox's career I'll track it down and re-evaluate my stance.
Rock0052 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #32
FrochFan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: 'David Haye would have been lucky to last 2 rounds with me' - Lennox Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052 View Post
Lennox never really fought counterpunchers so it's hard for me to even say Lennox has an easy time with Haye. Chances are Lennox wins on points, but I wouldn't bet on him catching Haye.
Lennox Haye = Lennox/Tommy Morrison

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lbHdzqPmwQ0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
FrochFan is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #33
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

He is such a bitter old ****. He always talks about how great he was and how the first Holyfield fight was the worst robbery ever.
When is Lennox coming back? I think he's got the itch again. Haye vs Lewis would be bigger than Haye-Chisora by 100 times.
Haye-Lewis,winner fights Vitali for the belt.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #34
Shane_Erich
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aint no stoppin View Post
we never will know but Lewis has been Knocked OUT Twice by pretty average fighters!
True, but I would take both those fighters against Lewis to beat Haye.
Shane_Erich is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #35
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052 View Post
Say what you want about Wlad's style...but while we're on the topic, Wlad's faced guys who are more mobile, counterpunchers, the whole 9 yards. Lennox hasn't.

Lennox was great against a certain type of fighter, and we don't know how he'd do against the other styles because he never fought them. His resume is much more 1 dimensional than Wlad's even though he's got the bigger names.

When did you ever see Lennox walk down an athletic counterpuncher or someone with slick defense? I'd like to know, honestly, because if I'm missing that fight out of Lennox's career I'll track it down and re-evaluate my stance.
great post bro.

pretty much this jeff my man..cant really add much to it..
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #36
madg321
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 642

Lewis is some kind of ***** aint he...
madg321 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #37
Spman20999
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by platnumpapi View Post
if david we get off that pretty boy **** and have a killer mentality he **** alot of people up in boxing.
We get the killer mentality... when his toe isn't sore.
Spman20999 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #38
Jаck
P4P King
ESB Full Member

Lewis is bragging. He would have beat Haye, yes, but David being a great runner wouldn't have succumbed easily.
Jаck is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #39
Johnny Coyle
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

The truth slipped out
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #40
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

Haye vs Lewis,winner gets Vitali?
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #41
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Maybe the Lion means Haye wouldn't last two rounds at the bar? Can't hold his drink?
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #42
Chibuku
I'm awesome
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaduppercut View Post
Bit surprised to read this.. they've always complimented each other before now

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lewis had power and could move very well. His jab was really great and Lewis was intelligent. I think he would have knocked out Haye. I do not think Haye could have taken Lewis' shots.

On a slightly different note, Interesting when people talk about Haye. I remember Witherspoon was with Haye & Khan and being interviewed by Jonny Nelson and Witherspoon said he wanted Chisora to win. Haye was a bit surprised but then most former world champions have shown a dislike of Haye.
Chibuku is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #43
leaduppercut
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lewis would win but it wouldn't be that easy for him
leaduppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #44
Barry Smith
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lewis KO'd heavyweights who are much better than Haye.
Barry Smith is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #45
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

He's right.

Lewis would smell fear and go after Haye.
MrMagic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum