boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Charles Oliveira vs. Cub Swanson (UFC 152)

Quote:
Aug 2, 2012 - A pair of the featherweight division's most exciting talents are set to square off in September, as surging Charles Oliveira and Cub Swanson have been paired off for a UFC 152 bout, MMA Fighting has learned.

While the s**** hasn't yet been officially announced, sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed that both sides have verbally agreed to the matchup.

Oliveira has impressively won both of his fights since making the move down to 145.

In January, he submitted Eric Wisely with a reverse calf slicer, and then added Jonathan Brookins to his list of victims in June, scoring another tapout win, this time by anaconda choke. The 22-year-old is 16-2 with 1 no contest overall. This match just launched to the top of my most anticipated fights.

Swanson is also riding a two-fight win streak, with both of those wins coming by TKO.

In January, he scored a second-round finish of George Roop, and followed that up with another second-round stoppage, this time against the durable Brit Ross Pearson. Swanson is 17-5.

UFC 152 is set for September 22 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. In the main event, flyweights Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson will battle to be crowned the division's inaugural champion.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Wow, this will be an absolute war for as long as it lasts. Both guys are very well rounded, and both guys love to put on super exciting fights. I'm a big Oliveira fan, but Cub has looked fantastic in his last two outings. I give the edge to Oliveira, but it could definitely go the other way.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Charles Oliveira vs. Cub Swanson (UFC 152)

Title shot for the winner Im guessing
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Title shot for the winner Im guessing
I think that Lamas and KZ should fight for a title shot. I think that whoever wins this fight will still need one more good win before challenging the champ.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Well generally they put the Champ and the contender on the same card or close to it, so Im guessing thats what they are aiming for with this one
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

If cub swanson sticks to the basics instead of doing all this wild unecessary bs he should win.
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #6
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmaldito View Post
If cub swanson sticks to the basics instead of doing all this wild unecessary bs he should win.
Both guys tend to get a little wild. That's what makes this fight look so fun on paper. However, Oliveira looked more disciplined than ever on the feet against Brookins. I know that Brookins has terrible standup, but still.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Both guys tend to get a little wild. That's what makes this fight look so fun on paper. However, Oliveira looked more disciplined than ever on the feet against Brookins. I know that Brookins has terrible standup, but still.
cub is better on his feet then olivera. All that wild **** gets him in trouble. Its the simple things that work in mma or boxing.
elmaldito is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum