Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #16
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Naseem hammed vs Sal Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
There was nothing clinic in d Barera fight , just Barera being cautious due 2 him knowing his own limitations in both power and chin departments , and in other departments as well .
Barera did not dominate Hamed or anything , he just avoided falling in2 traps , and i believe that if they fought a sufficient # of times , Hamed would have been d more decisive winner overall , but not 4 those who count 3 *1 pt edge decisions more than 1 clean KO .
Those r not worth d xplanations and should avoid reading my posts .
I agree with Frankenfrank. What some people dont seem to remember is Hamed was the favourite to beat MAB. MAB changed his whole style on fight night and turned counter puncher, boxing smartly behind a tight guard. Which was the right thing to do.

Manny Steward once said that some of Hameds training for the MAB fight consisted of rewinding and watching Junior Jones KO MAB over and over again.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
DaveK
Vicious & Malicious
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
There was nothing clinic in d Barera fight , just Barera being cautious due 2 him knowing his own limitations in both power and chin departments , and in other departments as well .
Barera did not dominate Hamed or anything , he just avoided falling in2 traps , and i believe that if they fought a sufficient # of times , Hamed would have been d more decisive winner overall , but not 4 those who count 3 *1 pt edge decisions more than 1 clean KO .
Those r not worth d xplanations and should avoid reading my posts .

But do not argue with PowerPuncher or take him seriously . He will twist , bend , change , flex and sometimes even break or switch his criteria every time just 2 fit it 2 his agenda / 4d fighter who granted him more interviews or better , exclusive interviews .
What Barrera did to Hamed is the epitome of dominate.
DaveK is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #18
gumbo2176
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sanchez gets indicted for murder 1 after the fight. Hambone fell apart against Barrerra and was made to look quite foolish with his unorthodox style. I believe Sanchez was a much better fighter than Barrerra so it would have been a brutal KO win for Sal.

Plus it only goes to show where Naseem's heart really was as far as boxing went. His first loss resulted in retirement after decisioning Calvo in 02 in his final fight.
gumbo2176 is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3191

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
What Barrera did to Hamed is the epitome of dominate.
i watched d fight and scored it more lopsidedly in favor of Barera than it really was .
i do not claim that Hamed was robbed , but that was not a domination . 1 who dominates does not need 2b so cautious about trying 2 finish , and it's not like Hamed ran 4 his life . If Barera was beating d **** out of him and Hamed was surviving just because he ran 4 his life , then that would have been a domination . If Hamed ran in2 punches and got floored by them , or took unanswered flurries and was saved only by d bell / rds' ending , that would have been a domination .
What Barera did , was 2 keep d fight on low gear , and he did not gain a stoppage or even a late KD by it . If d fight had 2 last more , i would not have counted Hamed's chances at still winning it , unlike Jirov vs Toney 4 example . Where Jirov might have been ahead in points due 2 outworking Toney , but it was obvious that he could not last even 1 more rd against Toney . Well , even that fight as a whole was not a domination .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
i watched d fight and scored it more lopsidedly in favor of Barera than it really was .
i do not claim that Hamed was robbed , but that was not a domination . 1 who dominates does not need 2b so cautious about trying 2 finish , and it's not like Hamed ran 4 his life . If Barera was beating d **** out of him and Hamed was surviving just because he ran 4 his life , then that would have been a domination . If Hamed ran in2 punches and got floored by them , or took unanswered flurries and was saved only by d bell / rds' ending , that would have been a domination .
What Barera did , was 2 keep d fight on low gear , and he did not gain a stoppage or even a late KD by it . If d fight had 2 last more , i would not have counted Hamed's chances at still winning it , unlike Toney vs Jirov 4 example .
But that was the part of Hameds problem, all through the fight, he though he can just end it one punch, and he probably could have, but Barrera knew that too.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #21
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
But that was the part of Hameds problem, all through the fight, he though he can just end it one punch, and he probably could have, but Barrera knew that too.
and there4 he lost it on pts , but no need 2 make a big deal out of it , because it was a small deal .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #22
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Naz loses but he doesn't get stopped. He had a lot of pride in his chin.

He'd fight for the first couple of rounds and if he gets dropped or dominated he'd just go into defensive mode and lose a wide decision.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #23
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

If Barrera could outbox Naz then Sanchez would double up on that ****.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
MrBumboclart
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
I think that is overstating things....Sanchez was better built for the 15 rd era, and fought more in the manner of grinding someone down and stopping them late. Of his 11 fights at the world class level only 5 were stoppages and only 2 in less than 13 rds...and the shortest was 8 against Gomez....I would be surprised if Hamed does not last at least 11.

Hamed was unorthodox and skilled enough that Sanchez would take his time breaking him down/figuring him out...Sanchez TKO 12
HELL NO. Hamed was quick but he threw wild, very open shots, like that left uppercut. His defense was pure reflexes - which weren't near the Whitaker/Ali/Jones Jr level. Sanchez was a counter puncher and a bomber. He starts to time the swings early and if no outboxes and lands that monter right from the outside. No later than 7 or 8.
MrBumboclart is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #25
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Sanchez would have done to Hamed what he did to Gomez..only more so.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #26
Saintpat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Paint job.

Hamed quits somewhere between 8 and 11.
Saintpat is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #27
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I agree with Frankenfrank. What some people dont seem to remember is Hamed was the favourite to beat MAB. MAB changed his whole style on fight night and turned counter puncher, boxing smartly behind a tight guard. Which was the right thing to do.

Manny Steward once said that some of Hameds training for the MAB fight consisted of rewinding and watching Junior Jones KO MAB over and over again.
MAB did not change his whole style for the Hamed fight.You need to watch the MAB-Jesus Salud in order to see that.Where you got that information is a totally incorrect source.And as much as I like MAB,he is not on the same level as Chava.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #28
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Lots of Prince fans on here i can see
This isn't the General which has a few Hamed excusemakers.The best version of Hamed stands no chance of beating prime Sanchez.None.I had to edit this because we don't know what the prime version of Chava is because he died when he was 23.

Last edited by Clinton; 08-03-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Sanchez would have done to Hamed what he did to Gomez..only more so.
There are a few parallels in such an imaginary matchup:a trash talking big puncher that shows no class and gets humiliated by a ruthless and focused machine with a granite jaw.Would have been brilliant.By the way,I don't like either fighter,but I take a prime Gomez over a prime Hamed.
Clinton is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2012, 04:44 AM   #30
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

A nervous,tightly contested that ends in the fifth round when Prince Naz lands a crushing lead uppercut to the chin of Sanchez.
Goyourownway is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum