Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #151
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NSW via Leeds/London
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 1885
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

I've been there before LHL leave a club to go home watch some boxing/ufc and either time it badly or get sidetracked get home and its the last round of a war.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #152
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 12,092
vCash: 2835
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
If it's any consolation LHL ..... it was really good.
What the **** a UFC before 3 am. Think I'm going to tear my shirt off like hulkamaniac can't believe this. Gutted wanted to watch this like stalker watches his prey
LHL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #153
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

It was one of the best cards of the year.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #154
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 12,092
vCash: 2835
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
It was one of the best cards of the year.
Bunch of cunts on here. **** me and my social life
LHL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #155
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
**** me and my social life
You're going to need to get rid of that if you want to be a dedicated fight fan.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #156
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 12,092
vCash: 2835
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
You're going to need to get rid of that if you want to be a dedicated fight fan.


You've no idea how gutted I am. I left t three thinking the UFC starts at that time like all UFC events. Now I'm sitting here like a tard with nothing to do
LHL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #157
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post


You've no idea how gutted I am. I left t three thinking the UFC starts at that time like all UFC events. Now I'm sitting here like a tard with nothing to do
It's not a great substitiute but the Deontay Wilder vs. Kertson Manswell card is on. Slim pickings I know but it's either that or you hit the old fight tapes.

By the way you really missed some great fights tonight!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #158
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 12,092
vCash: 2835
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
It's not a great substitiute but the Deontay Wilder vs. Kertson Manswell card is on. Slim pickings I know but it's either that or you hit the old fight tapes.

By the way you really missed some great fights tonight!
you're just trying to make me feel bad now. I' watching the Miller vs Pham fight now so at least that is some sort of consolation. Rather than hearing how great this card is

By the way I'd rather watch paint dry rather than Wilder. he usually fights people with the ability of paint
LHL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #159
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post

By the way I'd rather watch paint dry rather than Wilder. he usually fights people with the ability of paint
You called it. Wlder's opponent took th fight on a week and ahalfs notice and guess what....... paint. 1st round KO, after two knockdowns.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #160
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,415
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
That was way more of a war than it should have been.
My thoughts exactly. It was a great fight, but Shogun is so incredibly inconsistent.

He can look brilliant in one fight, starching Machida or Griffin, go life and death with another ATG in Hendo, but then struggle through what should've been a relatively easy win in Vera.

I don't what to take anything away from the fight, Vera was extremely impressive and looked better than he had in years, but ****, if Shogun can't show up for a near guaranteed win to secure him a title shot he doesn't particularly deserve I really don't know what to make of him any more.
Primate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #161
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
My thoughts exactly. It was a great fight, but Shogun is so incredibly inconsistent.

He can look brilliant in one fight, starching Machida or Griffin, go life and death with another ATG in Hendo, but then struggle through what should've been a relatively easy win in Vera.

I don't what to take anything away from the fight, Vera was extremely impressive and looked better than he had in years, but ****, if Shogun can't show up for a near guaranteed win to secure him a title shot he doesn't particularly deserve I really don't know what to make of him any more.
The "Truth" is Vera is not an easy win if he put sit all together he is a talented guy who has underachieved but wth his back against the wall he was going to fight tonight which he did. Entertaining fight for sure.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #162
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
The "Truth" is Vera is not an easy win if he put sit all together he is a talented guy who has underachieved but wth his back against the wall he was going to fight tonight which he did. Entertaining fight for sure.
I agree I'd like to see Vera with much better conditioning. he didn't look in the greatest of shape early on.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #163
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

Shogun´s stamina is disgraceful...
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #164
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gaia
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 109
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

This past weekend's UFC on FOX 4 event was undoubtedly the most entertaining in UFC-FOX's short history.

Unfortunately, the ratings didn't necessarily reflect the stellar card, which took place this past Saturday, Aug. 4, at Los Angeles' Staples Center.

Industry sources told MMAjunkie.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) the two-hour FOX main-card broadcast, which went head-to-head with NBC's highly rated Summer Olympics coverage, drew a nearly identical audience as UFC on FOX 3, which saw a ratings low earlier this year.

UFC on FOX 4 scored an overall 1.44 household rating and averaged 2.4 million viewers.

UFC on FOX 4's main card, which followed prelims on FUEL TV, featured light-heavyweight co-headliners. In the main event, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua scored a fourth-round TKO victory over a game Brandon Vera. In the co-headliner, Lyoto Machida earned a title shot with a second-round knockout of Ryan Bader.

UFC on FOX 1 remains the benchmark for UFC on FOX events with 5.7 million viewers. In fact, it is the all-time highest-rated MMA event on U.S. network television. That record previously was held by 2008's "EliteXC: Primetime" event, which averaged 4.9 million CBS viewers on the strength of a Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. James Thompson headliner.

UFC on FOX 2 averaged 4.7 million viewers back in January. UFC on FOX 3 averaged 2.4 million in May.

The all-time UFC on FOX ratings include:

UFC on FOX 1 (Velasquez vs. Dos Santos): 5.7 million viewers
UFC on FOX 2 (Evans vs. Davis): 4.7 million
UFC on FOX 3 (Diaz vs. Miller): 2.4 million
UFC on FOX 4 (Rua vs. Vera): 2.4 million
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #165
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: UFC on Fox 4: Shogun vs. Vera

I think less than stellar numbers were expected considering the Olympics.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013