Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
CHAL_DIESEL
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default My fight I had today

Lost another tough one today. Here's the videos tell me what you guys think. I got off my game again and was throwing some wild punches. Lost by one point . Fell to 3-2

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OR5pnyy3j4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHnJ0A1PHrs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qafcyt82eW8[/ame]
CHAL_DIESEL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885
Default Re: My fight I had today

unlucky mate I can't watch it right now but I'll give it a butch later. At least it was close and you can build on it its all a learning process. Remember how shit it feels to lose and use that as fuel when you're training. Onwards and upwards
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #3
CHAL_DIESEL
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

Thanks Matt looking forward to hearing from you. I dropped him at the end of the first and I thought I had him beat so I was trying to slug him out
Old 08-05-2012, 03:12 AM   #4
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

First round. It looks like you get sucked into a bit of a brawl when he was jumping in he had his arms down chin up and was throwing his punches from his belt line if you'd just kept your cool a tight guard and some short shots you would;ve been better off. In the first round he pushes you back to the ropes a short uppercut when he had his hands low followed by a hook would've worked a treat. Also you'd be better tightening up your straight left at times you were pitching it. You look the better fighter just that hes jumped on you reckless and you haven't capitalised.

Second. Just a bit of a brawl from both of you. Use the jab more on its own not just to start combinations. Like you said you hurt him in the first and just tried to bomb him out. Keep your left hand up when you jab you have a tendency to leaave yourself open to a counter which he did a few times.

Third. Same as second except worse camera work.

I'm far from the most experienced boxer or boxing fan so hopefully someone a bit more knowledgeable can wade in but I think you need to keep your head more a tighter guard and throw some scoring shots not just trying to knock him out. It looked to me like you were the better boxer and he just wanted to brawl so you should've boxed him seeing as it was close anyway if you'd boxed a little more in the 2nd and 3rd you would've cruised it. Also BODY SHOTS. They just make it so much easier especially as the fight progresses. The way he was winging shots it would've been nothing to just step underneath and land a right hook or straight to the body. Anyway good job close fight and I think you know where you went wrong there anyway so learn from it and move on. Like I said hopefully someone else can give you a better breakdown and advice than I did.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Charles. I did say this would happen when you stepped up. It's not as easy as you originally thought- but you can clearly bang a bit, that's a good thing. You need to be shown how to move and defend more effectively- at times you were running and punching because you were so desperate to close distance. You'd do well to freeze frame that lads stance and steal it off him as he was able to hit you almost at will as you charged in. You've got different ways to address that problem but you need to change your approach to regain success.

Good luck
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Footwork is the first thing I'd look to address.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsm View Post
Footwork is the first thing I'd look to address.
Yep! I agree but that should be done before u fight IMO
Old 08-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Yep! I agree but that should be done before u fight IMO
It's the sort of thing that if you don't sort it out early, its hard to break out of a bad habit.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
CHAL_DIESEL
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

I really appreciate the tips you all are offering. The navy box offs are coming up shortly in the next few months. I have a good shot at being invited to the training camp to be trained at the national level due to a lot of guys liking my raw punching power/chin which obviously is not all there is, but there are some really good trainers at the camp. I need to work on my boxing ability, and also can drop some more weight as I suffer quite a height advantage at light heavyweight. I wasn't hurt or anything from this fight and will be in full fledged training mode so I can take my skills up a few notches as I am at a skill level stand still and with only five more fights at novice the abilities of my opponents is going to only improve thank u all and God bless.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
CHAL_DIESEL
GOAT
ESB Senior Member

What are some things I can do to improve my footwork
Old 08-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAL_DIESEL View Post
What are some things I can do to improve my footwork
Practice it - with someone who gives a shit and knows what they are on about.

Faults are - your stance is too narrow laterally, your crossing your feet. Your weight is too often proportioned forward because you are trying to land big shots.

Think about it this way- how much harder can you hope to hit? How much faster can you hope to punch?.... How much development do you expect just by punching. So little of boxing is actually about the punches... put it this way you just got beat by someone who probably had an inferior punching technique. But he had better movement, balance and more intelligence.

Your defence also is totally unprepared.

You've got lots of work to do..... I'd start at the feet and then go from there but personally I wouldnt be fighting again until you have proper control of what you are doing.

Boxing is chaos.... its two people throwing bombs at each other. Whoever controls the chaos wins the fight.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
Dark Sider
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 598

good info here from BB and CD...inspiration for all of us!
Dark Sider is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

I'd also say that your weight distribution gets messed up quite a bit because of your footwork. Your back foot was lifting off the canvas sometimes when you were throwing shots. I'll watch it again later and give a more detailed opinion, but that's one thing that stood out.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

....hold your feet too long, but you do pack a punch, if I had your power I wouldn't bother to much about footwork, just practice a good peak-a-boo defence
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #15
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbry View Post
....hold your feet too long, but you do pack a punch, if I had your power I wouldn't bother to much about footwork, just practice a good peak-a-boo defence
Over 3 rounds you'll get picked apart by anyone half decent. 1 in 100 amateur fights end by KO

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing