Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-23-2008, 12:04 AM   #1
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Hatton being lazy & annoying again.

Just seen his latest interview on Sky sports news, & hes his usual arrogant self, talking in the 3rd person & all that.
However, this time hes openly hypocritical, saying how he wont fight Junior Witter in one breath, & then in his next breath saying how everyone knows he is fearless & will avoid no-one

& then hes saying he will fight again in June, SIX MONTHS after his last fight.
So hes sitting there with a double chin saying how everyone wants to fight him cos hes the man & all that, despite the fact he got Mayleathered!
The mans arrogance knows no bounds, hes boozing as we speak, piling on the weight & if his fans are lucky he will fight twice this year.

Hattons latest actions leave me wondering how so many still love him.
man, he fights twice a year max & abuses his body constantly. He wont fight his biggest rival & still hes loved???

****, even I woke up & smelled the coffee regarding Scott Harrison. Its about time Hatton fans stopped letting him off with being a cunt, & demand a bit more from the man who fleeces you.

As for this thread, its not an attention stunt from me. Ignore it if you want. I just had to get it off my chest, & as long as my points are taken aboard, thats all that matters.
I just want people to realise Hatton was never the all conquering hero he made himself out to be.

There are more deserving fighters out there who deserve your hero worship. That is all.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195
Default Re: Hatton being lazy & annoying again.

I saw it on youtube... Its amazing the weight hes put on in such a short time!
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 02:51 AM   #3
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

I am still a fan, but I am less interested in his career now and mainly because of the inactivity. Two fights a year...meh. And the constant blowing up between fights HAS taken its toll and it has been visible in fights other than Mayweather although his stamina is still better than most peoples and still better than Witters.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 04:21 AM   #4
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Im less interested because who si there at 140 to get the pulse racing. For me its quite evident his next fight will be a gimmie. If he steps up to face Juan Diaz ro a top 147er then I'll be interested again - until he fights another 50-50 or 60-40 fight im not too bothered.

Come on Calzaghe
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 04:33 AM   #5
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
I am still a fan, but I am less interested in his career now and mainly because of the inactivity. Two fights a year...meh. And the constant blowing up between fights HAS taken its toll and it has been visible in fights other than Mayweather although his stamina is still better than most peoples and still better than Witters.
Exactly how I feel... I'd really like to see him fight Witter then retire a happy, rich, young man.

Last edited by good right hand; 01-07-2007 at 07:44 AM.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 04:38 AM   #6
dwilson

vCash:

I used to really rate Hatton as a boxer and a person but since his embarressing defeat he just comes over as a **** ass. I hope Witter gets a crack at him to shut the fat little manc up. Best light welter on the planet, he aint even the best in britain.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:36 AM   #7
zulander
Belt holder
ESB Addict

the sky interview was annoying. Juniors doing well at the moment but i dont want to give him a payday??? DO me a favour the guys been bad mouthing him for years surely thats a big enough reason to get in the ring and beat him up. Witter getting a decent payday shouldnt come into it just look what Ricky could make especially if it takes places after Witter beats Hopkins in the states (if he does beat Hop) then the American will be interested as well. I think Hatton would beat Witter - im not sold on Witters power (its better than decent but below world class) and im not sure he could handle Hattons work rate but even so it would be a good close fight. I just dont understand what the thinking is with Hatton. HE cant ODLH size difference is too much. Paulie M would be a decent crap. Diaz moving up would a be a good meaningful fight but Witter is THE fight that settles years of bad mouthing between the pair of em and probably confirms who is number 1 in the division.
zulander is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 05:40 AM   #8
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

I'd rather see Hatton retire than see him in pointless fights so I hope he makes the right decision with his career now. I could live with one confidence boosting fight (so long as its a reasonably respectable opponent) after the Mayweather defeat but after that it really needs to be meaningful fights.

A domestic showdown with Witter makes perfect sense to me. There seems to be some genuine ill feeling between them but regardless they should get this fight made. Rather than denying Witter the fight Hatton should try and relieve him of his World Title - at the end of the day he is the one currently without one.
elle is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 06:55 AM   #9
phonk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by heihaci
Hatton has complained about Witter bad mouthing him in order to get a big payday.

Didn't he do the same thing to get a fight with Mayweather?
He did exactly the same thing. Hatton's being a hypocrite of the highest order.
phonk is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 07:14 AM   #10
rusticraver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He's gotta fight witter, if he don't he will go down in history for the man who didnt fight his domestic rival
rusticraver is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 08:12 AM   #11
Tony Harrison
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Hatton will fight Witter eventually.

All the needle is the selling point to generate interest in an opponent whom the general public will be relatively unfamiliar with.

Hatton's people know what they are doing in terms of marketing Ricky to the wider public and all this talk of avoiding a domestic rival would undoubtedly affect his reputation. They know this. They just want to get the whole 'home coming' party thing out of the way before fighting a live opponent like Witter.

Bollox I know but boxing is all about the £$£$£$£ and Ricky still stands to make a fortune after the interest generated by the Mayweather fight.

Getting beaten by his domestic nemesis (something I do not expect to happen by the way) would spell the end of Hatton as a mega draw and cash cow.
Tony Harrison is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #12
chambers80
Journeyman

I've been a big Hatton fan since the start but am very dissapointed with it all now, if he wants a big summer fight then have a warm up in say, 10 weeks from now instead of getting pissed! I've fought many times and that is plenty of time to get fully fit, long breaks won't help one bit!!! He's an athlete and can get pissed all he wants in 2 years!!
chambers80 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
I used to really rate Hatton as a boxer and a person but since his embarressing defeat he just comes over as a **** ass. I hope Witter gets a crack at him to shut the fat little manc up. Best light welter on the planet, he aint even the best in britain.
Yeah that maybe true him being a ****y little manc, just like witter is a ****y yorkshire gobshite. All hail Lancashire.
john b is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #14
mike464
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy007
I used to love hatton but now i'm sick of him. Fight witter or **** OFF
here here
mike464 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #15
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by john b
All hail Lancashire.
Yeeeahhhhh!!!
brown bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum