boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
Madmanc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Default How do you train for Hopkins or wlad

These are 2 fighter who rules don't apply to.if you are shorter than wlad and have a shorter reach which all of his challengers have been,how can you train for the ultra negative jab and back off or jab and clinch ? Even tho his opposition hasn't been great if excessive holding rule applied to him aswell as it does everyone else he would have been sparked out a couple more times.
In Hopkins case,he can head but to his hearts consent,he gets called old school,he's not he's a bad ****ing cheat,and when it's him that gets fouled he's either pulling out of fights or rolling round on the floor like a tit.why people buy into him is beyond me,he is poor to watch as is wlad and he is a conman
Madmanc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
jonze86
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 824
vCash: 1154
Default Re: How do you train for Hopkins or wlad

Hopkins is senior citizen,just leave him alone.

I don't care if he cheats,rolls on the floor etc..it's enough that this saturday he is entering to the ring against Kovalev.

What we are doing?*****ing about Hopkins does this and that.we should just STFU.

Hopkins has bigger ***** than these young top boxers,nevermind these keyboard warriors.

It just hilarious that somebody is hiding behind his computer and complains about 50yrs old boxer and his style of fighting.

You know,most americans at age of 50 are just struggling to get out of couch.nevemind preparing to get hit by Kovalev.just change your diapers and keep crying.
jonze86 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
Madmanc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Default Re: How do you train for Hopkins or wlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonze86 View Post
Hopkins is senior citizen,just leave him alone.

I don't care if he cheats,rolls on the floor etc..it's enough that this saturday he is entering to the ring against Kovalev.

What we are doing?*****ing about Hopkins does this and that.we should just STFU.

Hopkins has bigger ***** than these young top boxers,nevermind these keyboard warriors.

It just hilarious that somebody is hiding behind his computer and complains about 50yrs old boxer and his style of fighting.

You know,most americans at age of 50 are just struggling to get out of couch.nevemind preparing to get hit by Kovalev.just change your diapers and keep crying.
So he should be allowed to head but people and cheat ? What was his excuse in his 20's and 30's ?
Why not let Royce Gracie come to boxing,no rules apply because of his age.
Thing is he'll be looked back on in awe in years to come but he is hugely over rated
Madmanc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
lepinthehood
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,109
vCash: 145
Default Re: How do you train for Hopkins or wlad

for hopkins diving headbutt you through only uppercuts u will hit him eventually.
lepinthehood is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Default Re: How do you train for Hopkins or wlad

The war is won before its even fought.

First and foremost ensure you get a referee that doesn't allow the excessive holding.

Second negotiate on ring size.

Thirdly pay for good sparring partners.

Fourth - Trust yourself.

Fifth - Win.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
Madmanc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Default Re: How do you train for Hopkins or wlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
The war is won before its even fought.

First and foremost ensure you get a referee that doesn't allow the excessive holding.

Second negotiate on ring size.

Thirdly pay for good sparring partners.

Fourth - Trust yourself.

Fifth - Win.
Get a referee that doesn't allow holding,watch hatton mayweather and see Cortez refuse to allow any holding or inside fighting then weeks later hopkins gets away with head butting holding everything imaginable,as for get a ref versus wlad,do u think the challenger gets any say against any kiltschko ?
Madmanc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
Default Re: How do you train for Hopkins or wlad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmanc View Post
Get a referee that doesn't allow holding,watch hatton mayweather and see Cortez refuse to allow any holding or inside fighting then weeks later hopkins gets away with head butting holding everything imaginable,as for get a ref versus wlad,do u think the challenger gets any say against any kiltschko ?
It depends on how tough you are at negotiating , maybe you don't get everything but if you tirelessly negotiate on every tiny point them at some stage you will get part of what you want.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015