Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: TKO6
True 527 80.21%
False 130 19.79%
Voters: 657. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #1591
p4pflab
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 330
vCash: 893
Default Re: Prime Vitali vs. Prime Lewis.

No rematch Lewis knew he couldn't beat Vitali without luck. Lewis still running scared.
U, mad?
p4pflab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #1592
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: Prime Vitali vs. Prime Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pflab View Post
No rematch Lewis knew he couldn't beat Vitali without luck. Lewis still running scared.
U, mad?
TKO6.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #1593
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

What if Kirk Johnson never got that injury...

would have been great for Lewis
Meow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #1594
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: Prime Vitali vs. Prime Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Vittles doesn't have one punch power like those guys. But hey, if it makes you feel better to match Vits against those versions of Lewis, have at it. It's just kind of funny to me that he couldn't beat the fat, old version of Lewis, but you some how think he would beat the fat prime versions. Hell, he couldn't even ko an old Briggs who hadn't been significant in years. Just for laughs though, how do you think Vittles does against the versions of Lewis who decimated Rudduck, Golota and Rahman in the rematch?
Much as that post is right on the button,can't help enjoying the moniker even more.
Reminds me of Avid Merrion doing John Lennon.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #1595
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Smile Re: Prime Vitali vs. Prime Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pflab View Post
No rematch Lewis knew he couldn't beat Vitali without luck. Lewis still running scared.
U, mad?
What exactly is luck? Is luck trying to punch someone the face to do damage and doing exactly that? If so, I'm with you. You lucky bastard Lennox!!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #1596
p4pBute
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cold place
Posts: 680
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Vitali chin is key....

lewis would have to beat on him alot more then vice versa, an vitali has alway been about total punches, not one big one. People say briggs, but if briggs showed as much heart as he did in the vitali fight in his lewis fight, he would of beat lewis, look at the pictrues of briggs in intensive care after the fight, he was in the hospital for days when he fought vitali, your telling me he put that much heart into the lewis fight....

Vitali would be hit by big punches but so would lewis, an Vitali had sharper punches around 1999 to 2000 (prime), it was not till he needed his surgery did he weaken alittle bit in his punch power out put. an that was the fight he was dying in pain with byrd, surgery days later, an after that his KO streak ended, he never was down on the cards an he said he had pain in training camp, but tweaked alot more in the fight, using one arm pretty much he beat on byrd........a prime before his surgery on his arm,,,,Would rape lewis, rape him like lewis was back on the congo an romed off his own tribal grounds on to anothers...an that would be VITALIS
p4pBute is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #1597
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pBute View Post
Vitali chin is key....

lewis would have to beat on him alot more then vice versa, an vitali has alway been about total punches, not one big one. People say briggs, but if briggs showed as much heart as he did in the vitali fight in his lewis fight, he would of beat lewis, look at the pictrues of briggs in intensive care after the fight, he was in the hospital for days when he fought vitali, your telling me he put that much heart into the lewis fight....

Vitali would be hit by big punches but so would lewis, an Vitali had sharper punches around 1999 to 2000 (prime), it was not till he needed his surgery did he weaken alittle bit in his punch power out put. an that was the fight he was dying in pain with byrd, surgery days later, an after that his KO streak ended, he never was down on the cards an he said he had pain in training camp, but tweaked alot more in the fight, using one arm pretty much he beat on byrd........a prime before his surgery on his arm,,,,Would rape lewis, rape him like lewis was back on the congo an romed off his own tribal grounds on to anothers...an that would be VITALIS
How do you come to the conclusion Vittles had sharper punches around 1999-2000 when he was fighting inferior competition? Lewis separated Briggs from his senses when Briggs was near or at his peak, Vits couldn't do that when Briggs was slow and shot.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #1598
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
How do you come to the conclusion Vittles had sharper punches around 1999-2000 when he was fighting inferior competition? Lewis separated Briggs from his senses when Briggs was near or at his peak, Vits couldn't do that when Briggs was slow and shot.
Vitali was 40 And Briggs still said that Vitali was the best opponent he ever faced, better than Lewis.
Meow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #1599
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prime Vitali vs. Prime Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4pflab View Post
A lucky cuts stoppage would be all Lewis have to avoid a mid rounds KO he knew it thats why Lennox retire.
I'll ask this question to which I've been given no answer again....what is lucky about landing punches you intend to do damage and doing exactly that? And if you don't remember, it was Vits that was reeling and holding on in the last round, things would have only gotten worse.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #1600
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Puyallup/Seattle
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

60% of the time, he wins every time!
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #1601
Zombieguy
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

What is this prime vs prime nonsense? Vitali was prime. Lewis was not. Lewis stopped him in six. Only in Klitland does old fat Lewis win but young prime Lewis lose the same fight. Oh wait they don't believing beating your opponent's face apart in multiple spots should be counted as a win.

TKO6 TKO6 TKO6. Prime or old. 10 days or 50 days. Up or down on the cards. TKO6 TKO6 TKO6.
Zombieguy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #1602
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prime Vitali vs. Prime Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Much as that post is right on the button,can't help enjoying the moniker even more.
Reminds me of Avid Merrion doing John Lennon.
I was thinking the same thing

TKO6
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #1603
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,623
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Tko6
JASPER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #1604
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Puyallup/Seattle
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Lewis was 38, possibly unmotivated and heavy...but the skills were there

Vitali was retentively inexperienced in big fights against champion grade competition
Vitali is suffered a horrendous cut in the 3rd.....first time cuts effect fighters both physiologically and physically......

TKO6 happened

Prime v Prime, if they fight 10 times, a cut (TKO6) doesn't necessarily happen every time
also if they fight 10 times i don't think Lewis wins all 10....
could Lewis KO Vitali? sure....could Vitali KO Lewis? i think that's possible too!

I don't think either guy had the other's number.....very competitive....
TKO6 was a great fight between two great champions/fighters
thinking Vitali has the ability to be competitive isn't a disrespect to Lewis...
Lewis was a great champion and Vitali's continued dominance post TKO6 is only a testament to Lewis' greatness
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #1605
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,064
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Vitali didnt have the punching power to stop Lewis, its not like he hadn't gone down before.

Tecnically knocked the **** out inside 6 rounds.

for life
raichu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013