Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: TKO6
True 527 80.21%
False 130 19.79%
Voters: 657. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #1606
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,241
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Vitali showed better boxing skills than Lewis. Vitali beats him prime or no prime. Lewis knew it and retired.
bremen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #1607
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
Vitali showed better boxing skills than Lewis. Vitali beats him prime or no prime. Lewis knew it and retired.
If only us mere mortals could share in having such insightful boxing knowledge.

When you see a post like that,how can you argue with such irrefutable proof?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #1608
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eifel / Germany
Posts: 6,629
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichu View Post
Vitali didnt have the punching power to stop Lewis, its not like he hadn't gone down before.

Tecnically knocked the **** out inside 6 rounds.

for life



Lewis took Vitali´s best shot but Vitali never had the one-punch-power to knock Lewis out with one punch and Vitali did not had the defence to avoid Lewis punches because Lewis himself was tall with great power. Lewis tired Vitali because Vitali wants to push Lewis and Lewis knows how to use his weight. He puts his weight on Vitali and tired him. Wlad today knows all the tricks. Vitali in 2003 does not know how to fight such a tactical and technical superior fighter.


Lewis TKO 6.

(If the stoppage against Charr was legal, Lewis won TKO 3).
jisi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #1609
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,405
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Ive come to the conclusion that klitards will avoid any question that proves their ridiculous theories are incorrect and have NO ability to debate with common sense. If a past prime Lewis beat Vittles at his best than how he possibly beat the best version? If Lewis was "lucky" to have cut Vits than explain what is lucky about landing punches intended to do damage? Why can't these very simple questions be answered. It seems these so called boxing fans would have an easier time exposing the origins of the universe than answer these things in any kind of detailed account. Its kind of like religion, they're going on faith rather than actual facts and common sense. Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk!
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #1610
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Poorer place without Johnny Tapia
Posts: 9,602
vCash: 75
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Ive come to the conclusion that klitards will avoid any question that proves their ridiculous theories are incorrect and have NO ability to debate with common sense. If a past prime Lewis beat Vittles at his best than how he possibly beat the best version? If Lewis was "lucky" to have cut Vits than explain what is lucky about landing punches intended to do damage? Why can't these very simple questions be answered. It seems these so called boxing fans would have an easier time exposing the origins of the universe than answer these things in any kind of detailed account. Its kind of like religion, they're going on faith rather than actual facts and common sense. Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk!
The double standards are breathtaking.
On another thread,I saw someone ask(in defence of Vittles) "Who wants to see a shot 38 year old fight"(I'm paraphrasing) and "it's ridiculous to accuse a 41 year old of ducking"
Absolute unintentional comedy gold.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #1611
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,405
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
The double standards are breathtaking.
On another thread,I saw someone ask(in defence of Vittles) "Who wants to see a shot 38 year old fight"(I'm paraphrasing) and "it's ridiculous to accuse a 41 year old of ducking"
Absolute unintentional comedy gold.
I think we've all applied double standards at one time or another. As a fan its difficult not to, at least occasionally. But I've never seen another fanbase do it so frequently and with such disregard for the truth. Its actually very pathetic that anyone would continually stoop to that. But hey, that's what makes shredding their arguments so much fun so I guess they're good for something.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #1612
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Puyallup/Seattle
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Ive come to the conclusion that klitards will avoid any question that proves their ridiculous theories are incorrect and have NO ability to debate with common sense. If a past prime Lewis beat Vittles at his best than how he possibly beat the best version? If Lewis was "lucky" to have cut Vits than explain what is lucky about landing punches intended to do damage? Why can't these very simple questions be answered. It seems these so called boxing fans would have an easier time exposing the origins of the universe than answer these things in any kind of detailed account. Its kind of like religion, they're going on faith rather than actual facts and common sense. Tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk!
i don't think the opinion of the cut being 'lucky' by some fans is a disrespect to Lewis....obviously his skills brought about a cut and worsened it.....
if they fight 10 times a fight ending cut doesn't necessarily happen every time. Logic or statistics would tell you that....Vitali has been touched up plenty without fight ending cuts; one occurance doesn't define a trend

Lewis being past prime is pretty obvious, but it is not delusional to argue that the best Vitali we've seen was sometime after TKO6
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #1613
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,405
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime1367 View Post
i don't think the opinion of the cut being 'lucky' by some fans is a disrespect to Lewis....obviously his skills brought about a cut and worsened it.....
if they fight 10 times a fight ending cut doesn't necessarily happen every time. Logic or statistics would tell you that....Vitali has been touched up plenty without fight ending cuts; one occurance doesn't define a trend

Lewis being past prime is pretty obvious, but it is not delusional to argue that the best Vitali we've seen was sometime after TKO6
This is a fair post. I agree the cut doesn't set a trend. My whole point though is Lewis earned those cuts with his punches and had to walk through the fire to deliver them. It's not delusional to think Vits was better after that fight, but I personally disagree. In no fight before or since in my opinion did Vits have to dig as deep. In spite of losing he would have competed with almost any heavyweight in history on that night, sort of like Douglas with Tyson. Everything since he's been allowed to do pretty much as he wanted against inferior competition. Just my opinion of course.

By the way, thank you for a well put post.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #1614
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Puyallup/Seattle
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
This is a fair post. I agree the cut doesn't set a trend. My whole point though is Lewis earned those cuts with his punches and had to walk through the fire to deliver them. It's not delusional to think Vits was better after that fight, but I personally disagree. In no fight before or since in my opinion did Vits have to dig as deep. In spite of losing he would have competed with almost any heavyweight in history on that night, sort of like Douglas with Tyson. Everything since he's been allowed to do pretty much as he wanted against inferior competition. Just my opinion of course.

By the way, thank you for a well put post.
your welcome...
true, he has not had to dig as deep, Lewis is superior to all the fighters Vitali has faced since....that debate shouldn't be on the table.....the experience of the Lewis fight I think would be a huge part of Vitali's boxing IQ and that is why i think a 'prime' Vitali would be sometime after TKO6
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #1615
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 123,167
vCash: 35250
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichu View Post
Vitali didnt have the punching power to stop Lewis, its not like he hadn't gone down before.

Tecnically knocked the **** out inside 6 rounds.

for life


TKTFO in 6.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #1616
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: "...The Land of Dixon and Langford..."
Posts: 8,316
vCash: 3930
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime1367 View Post
Lewis was 38, possibly unmotivated and heavy...but the skills were there

Vitali was retentively inexperienced in big fights against champion grade competition
Vitali is suffered a horrendous cut in the 3rd.....first time cuts effect fighters both physiologically and physically......

TKO6 happened

Prime v Prime, if they fight 10 times, a cut (TKO6) doesn't necessarily happen every time
also if they fight 10 times i don't think Lewis wins all 10....
could Lewis KO Vitali? sure....could Vitali KO Lewis? i think that's possible too!

I don't think either guy had the other's number.....very competitive....
TKO6 was a great fight between two great champions/fighters
thinking Vitali has the ability to be competitive isn't a disrespect to Lewis...
Lewis was a great champion and Vitali's continued dominance post TKO6 is only a testament to Lewis' greatness
You're hitting it out of the park in this thread, millertime. Another fine post.

Prime for prime, I think I'd give the edge to Lewis more often than not, but VK likely makes it interesting throughout at any rate. His size, skill-set and style was always going to give Lewis some problems no matter which version stepped inside the ring.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #1617
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Puyallup/Seattle
Posts: 1,388
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
You're hitting it out of the park in this thread, millertime. Another fine post.

Prime for prime, I think I'd give the edge to Lewis more often than not, but VK likely makes it interesting throughout at any rate. His size, skill-set and style was always going to give Lewis some problems no matter which version stepped inside the ring.


I'm a die-hard Klitschko fan...i look up to the brothers...i find their storied pasts, physical attributes/skills, intellect, and involvement in charities, community, and politics fascinating. It's rather unprecedented in any sport when taken as a whole package. To me it is both motivating and inspiring.

But here is the thing Drew,
being a fan of Klitschko and Lewis (or any other heavy) is not mutually exclusive.....the 'klittard' or 'klitites' as Suge White called them, i find to be mainly trolls....there are many i would label trolls on the opposite side too...
edit: I might add that you be a die hard fan and think another fighter gives a brother a tough/challenging fight....not a blasphemy to do so

I'm not here to be racist or battle with the Brits. I joined this site to learn more about the fighters I love to follow and discover others who make this sport one if not thee greatest sport on Earth.
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #1618
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,304
vCash: 90
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
Vitali showed better boxing skills than Lewis. Vitali beats him prime or no prime. Lewis knew it and retired.
Yep.
The ONLY flaw I can see in your argument is that time they actually did fight.
thesandman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #1619
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,241
vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
Yep.
The ONLY flaw I can see in your argument is that time they actually did fight.
judge: James Jen-Kin 58-56 | judge: Tom Kaczmarek 58-56 | judge: Pat Russell 58-56
bremen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #1620
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
judge: James Jen-Kin 58-56 | judge: Tom Kaczmarek 58-56 | judge: Pat Russell 58-56
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013