Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #1623
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
judge: James Jen-Kin 58-56 | judge: Tom Kaczmarek 58-56 | judge: Pat Russell 58-56
Does that mean Hearns really beat Leonard first time out and Linares really beat Demarco?

Is Barkley more "skilled" than Hearns?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #1624
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime1367 View Post

I'm a die-hard Klitschko fan...i look up to the brothers...i find their storied pasts, physical attributes/skills, intellect, and involvement in charities, community, and politics fascinating. It's rather unprecedented in any sport when taken as a whole package. To me it is both motivating and inspiring.

But here is the thing Drew,
being a fan of Klitschko and Lewis (or any other heavy) is not mutually exclusive.....the 'klittard' or 'klitites' as Suge White called them, i find to be mainly trolls....there are many i would label trolls on the opposite side too...
edit: I might add that you be a die hard fan and think another fighter gives a brother a tough/challenging fight....not a blasphemy to do so

I'm not here to be racist or battle with the Brits. I joined this site to learn more about the fighters I love to follow and discover others who make this sport one if not thee greatest sport on Earth.
I hope you've realised from this thread that most of us can distinguish between the K2 troll followers and the rational ones like yourself Millertime.
It's been stated many times by myself and others that most of us don't even dislike the brothers,far less hate them.Pretty ironic that I totally changed my opinion of Wlad in the build-up to the Haye fight.Guy is a very personable fellow indeed.
When I first joined here,I was warned that I would end up hating the brothers because of an idiotic branch of fans.Whilst I certainly didn't end up hating them,I totally understand the sentiment,so it's good to see fans of the brothers who can keep it sensible.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #1625
H .
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 218

I'd say Lewis' TKO 6 is as valid as Byrd's TKO 9 over Vitali. Vitali was winning both, but he lost both.
One had to deal with the Klit switch while the other ran for the hills.
H . is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #1626
Zombieguy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
judge: James Jen-Kin 58-56 | judge: Tom Kaczmarek 58-56 | judge: Pat Russell 58-56
Result: TKO6
Zombieguy is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #1627
Body Head
East Side Rape (CEO)
ESB Senior Member

Tko6
Body Head is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #1628
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombieguy View Post
Result: TKO6

The cut that stopped the fight was caused by a thumb not a legal punch. The ref was on the side of the punch so there was no way he could have seen that. The doctor later stopped the fight because swelling from the cut above the eye was blocking Vitali's line of sight. By the boxing rules if the injury was caused by an intentional or an accidental foul and the fight continued and later stopped because legal punches made the injury worse - technical decision (scorecards) decide the winner. If there was an instant replay in place for ref to review how the cut was caused Vitali may as well had won a technical decision.
bremen is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #1629
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

What is it that I see? It seems like.. Can it really be..? I think it is..

Yes it is! TKO6!
Malden is offline  Top
Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #1630
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
I hope you've realised from this thread that most of us can distinguish between the K2 troll followers and the rational ones like yourself Millertime.
It's been stated many times by myself and others that most of us don't even dislike the brothers,far less hate them.Pretty ironic that I totally changed my opinion of Wlad in the build-up to the Haye fight.Guy is a very personable fellow indeed.
When I first joined here,I was warned that I would end up hating the brothers because of an idiotic branch of fans.Whilst I certainly didn't end up hating them,I totally understand the sentiment,so it's good to see fans of the brothers who can keep it sensible.
i hear ya man. the forum seems to be dominated by trolling more today than it was back when i joined, but maybe i was just oblivious to it then.
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 02:12 AM   #1631
rapscalion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Vitali showed better boxing skills than Lewis. Vitali beats him prime or no prime. Lewis knew it and retired.
Yeah, except for the fact that Vitali LOST when he and Lewis fought.
rapscalion is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #1632
FelixTrinidad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by H . View Post
I'd say Lewis' TKO 6 is as valid as Byrd's TKO 9 over Vitali. Vitali was winning both, but he lost both.
One had to deal with the Klit switch while the other ran for the hills.
Shut the **** up faggot.
Vitali was going to get brutally knocked out in the 7th.
We all know this. Why should Lewis give this Ped using bitch a rematch?
Prime Lewis will crush any version of Vitali.

HBO themselves stated Lewis was out of shape. The primary reason HBO was calling the upset BEFORE the fight even was because they feel Lennox have slipped and lacks motivation.
A Prime Lewis would have double the jabs, will fight for 3 minutes of every round and would have threw combinations. He would have much better movement and would have followed up on his huge upper cut with a few right hands to end it.
Lennox's jabs alone would have beaten Vitali, Lewis had supreme boxing skills and footwork for such a big fighter. His jabs were unique in that he also had a variety of combination punches that he usually follows up with. Upper cuts, over hands, rights, he had it all.

Vitali was never a big puncher, he is simply a guy who wears you down via an accumulation of punches. The odds of Vitaly landing something huge on Lennox's underrated chin is slim.

A Prime for Prime match up, WITH NO CUTS. I see Lewis completely dominating Vitali into a late tko.

People over rated Vitali on this site like crazy. I will be shocked if a Prime Vitali is capable of even winning more then 3 rounds against a Prime Lewis.
FelixTrinidad is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #1633
FelixTrinidad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

From the Telegraph

Vitali admits steroid usage.

Vitali Klitschko, who defends his World Boxing Council heavyweight title against Britain's Danny Williams in Las Vegas on Dec 11, has admitted to having used steroids earlier in his career.
He tested positive for a banned substance in 1996 when still an amateur and was instantly thrown off the Ukrainian boxing team for the Atlanta Olympics.
Klitschko had planned to box at super-heavyweight while his younger brother, Wladimir, was entered to compete at the 201lb heavyweight limit.
Wladimir, who was struggling to make his weight, took over the super-heavyweight slot and went on to win the gold medal.
"Their dream was to go to the Olympics and win gold medals together," said Vitali Klitschko's spokesman, Bernd Boente.
FelixTrinidad is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #1634
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
Shut the **** up faggot.
Vitali was going to get brutally knocked out in the 7th.
We all know this. Why should Lewis give this Ped using bitch a rematch?
Prime Lewis will crush any version of Vitali.

HBO themselves stated Lewis was out of shape. The primary reason HBO was calling the upset BEFORE the fight even was because they feel Lennox have slipped and lacks motivation.
A Prime Lewis would have double the jabs, will fight for 3 minutes of every round and would have threw combinations. He would have much better movement and would have followed up on his huge upper cut with a few right hands to end it.
Lennox's jabs alone would have beaten Vitali, Lewis had supreme boxing skills and footwork for such a big fighter. His jabs were unique in that he also had a variety of combination punches that he usually follows up with. Upper cuts, over hands, rights, he had it all.

Vitali was never a big puncher, he is simply a guy who wears you down via an accumulation of punches. The odds of Vitaly landing something huge on Lennox's underrated chin is slim.

A Prime for Prime match up, WITH NO CUTS. I see Lewis completely dominating Vitali into a late tko.

People over rated Vitali on this site like crazy. I will be shocked if a Prime Vitali is capable of even winning more then 3 rounds against a Prime Lewis.
Lennox' jab was incredible. It was absolutely devastating most times, especially for how "fluid" it was. Like you said it came in variations as well.

I'd say its probably one my favorite jabs of all time. ****in' sledge hammer
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #1635
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 2000

Yeah, you don't often hear Lennox's name thrown around in discussions of the great all time heavy jabs...but he was almost certainly among the best if not the best jabber of his era, sandwiched between Holmes and WK.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum