Old 09-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #1651
rapscalion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
You mean Vitali was ROBBED of a win when he and Lewis fought, right?
Yes, he was robbed because Lewis hit him with some huge shots and cut the hell out of his eye, and continued to open the cut up more and more with punches. But yes, Vitali was robbed
rapscalion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #1652
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Does this mean Cunningham really TKO Troy Ross?

BORKED
Let me ask you something. Why did we never hear Vittles, his team, HBO, or anyone else making these absurd claims? It seems as if Klitards need to invent things to rationalize this legitimate loss. "It was a thumb", "it was his dreads", "his tape was used illegally and worsened the cuts"........blah, blah, blah! Blah, blah, blah!! Why not just accept the reality of things? Vits is a good fighter, but he was beaten by the better, more durable fighter that night.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #1653
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Let me ask you something. Why did we never hear Vittles, his team, HBO, or anyone else making these absurd claims? It seems as if Klitards need to invent things to rationalize this legitimate loss. "It was a thumb", "it was his dreads", "his tape was used illegally and worsened the cuts"........blah, blah, blah! Blah, blah, blah!! Why not just accept the reality of things? Vits is a good fighter, but he was beaten by the better, more durable fighter that night.
this was discussed back in a day, but the rematch was on in case you don't remember so there was no point in stirring up the controversy. Later Lewis pulled out and WBC was going to strip him for failing to face Vitali so what more do you want?
bremen is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #1654
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
this was discussed back in a day, but the rematch was on in case you don't remember so there was no point in stirring up the controversy. Later Lewis pulled out and WBC was going to strip him for failing to face Vitali so what more do you want?
I'm talking about all this "thumb" bullshit. Can you give any links to ANYONE discussing this that had ANYTHING to do with the fight?
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #1655
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Links, links, I'm looking for some links!! Can anyone give me a link of anyone associated with the fight saying Lewis intentionally did anything illegal that led to the cuts?
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #1656
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
Vitali wanted Wlad to quit before and DURING the Peters I Fight.

"Everyone in that camp was paranoid and didn't have much faith," Steward said. "Vitali told him he should quit. But we needed to take the risk. Never once did we panic. He showed a lot in that fight.

before the start of the 12th round, Vitali questioned Steward's decisions and wondered if his brother could finish the fight. Instead, Klitschko landed his best punch of the night that round, a perfectly placed left hook -- a punch Steward had been working on with him -- that sealed an improbable unanimous decision win.

Emanuel Steward does a lot for Wladimir, without him, Wlad would never been No. 1 at Heavyweight.

Quote:
Links, links, I'm looking for some links!! Can anyone give me a link of anyone associated with the fight saying Lewis intentionally did anything illegal that led to the cuts?
Nothing was illegal. The cuts where the result of Lewis punches!

Legal TKO win.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 01:57 AM   #1657
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post
Nothing was illegal. The cuts where the result of Lewis punches!

Legal TKO win.
I know this, you know this, rational fans know this. Unfortunately there will always be nuthuggers who try to perpetuate lies to further their agenda's and misconceptions.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #1658
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Does this mean Cunningham really TKO Troy Ross?

BORKED
That was a genuine thumb,which therefore renders your argument dead in the water.
I shouldn't be surprised that you offered such a piss poor riposte that had nothing to do with my original question.
But you know that and that's the reason you're trying to avoid it.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #1659
rapscalion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Willie Pep really won against Sandy Saddler in their 3rd fight because he was ahead on all scorecards when he quit because of a separated shoulder injury.

Pernell Whitaker really won his last fight because he was ahead on the scorecards when the ring physician stopped the fight due to a broken clavicle bone.

Victor Ortiz really won against Josesito Lopez because he was ahead on the scorecards when he quit because of a broken jaw injury.
rapscalion is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #1660
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Wladimir never was tested positiv. Not in the amateurs not as a pro.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #1661
tezel8764
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 527

IB, I think you're gonna have to make a TKO in 4 thread, Charr scares Vitali into retirement. Lmao
tezel8764 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #1662
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

IB is a terrible moderator. I'm a moderator at a huge hockey website (bigger than this one easily) and threads like this and "whine at Mayweather" are just a joke. The thread first goes in a totally biased view and just creates flaming between members. It's idiotic to sticky the thread too, because that isn't the point of stickies.

I hope this thread is deleted, or at least de-stickied. End of story.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #1663
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
IB is a terrible moderator. I'm a moderator at a huge hockey website (bigger than this one easily) and threads like this and "whine at Mayweather" are just a joke. The thread first goes in a totally biased view and just creates flaming between members. It's idiotic to sticky the thread too, because that isn't the point of stickies.

Yo. TKO6. U mad?
MVC is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #1664
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Yo. TKO6. U mad?
No. I'm not. If there was never a fight between Lewis and Vitali I would have always thought that Lewis would have won in decisive fashion. After the fight I realized that I was wrong and I'm really thankful that the fight occurred but I dislike the controversial ending and the rematch refusal.
Meow is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #1665
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post

With all do respect, coming from someone who moderates another forum.....we're fans first who donate time to help out. Unless we get paid than our opinions shouldn't be suppressed. This one big thread is certainly better thank the dozens of threads that pollute the board on the same subject over and over.
JAB5239 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum