Old 09-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #1666
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
With all do respect, coming from someone who moderates another forum.....we're fans first who donate time to help out. Unless we get paid than our opinions shouldn't be suppressed. This one big thread is certainly better thank the dozens of threads that pollute the board on the same subject over and over.
That's not how it works. You can't sticky an opinionated thread. A moderator's opinion is not better than everyone elses. If he wanted to state his opinion, he can make another thread and not sticky it like everyone else does. His job is the make sure the board is stable, not doing the opposite.
Meow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #1667
Brownies
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
IB is a terrible moderator. I'm a moderator at a huge hockey website (bigger than this one easily) and threads like this and "whine at Mayweather" are just a joke. The thread first goes in a totally biased view and just creates flaming between members. It's idiotic to sticky the thread too, because that isn't the point of stickies.

I hope this thread is deleted, or at least de-stickied. End of story.
Is it hockey's future ?
Brownies is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #1668
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
That's not how it works. You can't sticky an opinionated thread. A moderator's opinion is not better than everyone elses. If he wanted to state his opinion, he can make another thread and not sticky it like everyone else does. His job is the make sure the board is stable, not doing the opposite.
He didn't sticky an opinionated thread, he made one so all the other needless ones could be absorbed into this one. Everyone still gets their say, you just seem to sound upset about the title of the thread.

By the way..is tko 6 an opinion or is it a fact? Just sayin....
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #1669
KOTF
Bingooo
East Side Guru

vCash: 66874

Gary Bettman TKO 6 National Hockey League
KOTF is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #1670
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
I think you'll find the vast majority of users on ESB would agree that IB becoming a mod has improved the forum no end.He's given opinions for years along with unbiased RBR's so has he to pretend those opinions don't exist because he's now giving his time as a moderator?
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #1671
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3689

Quote:
As has already been stated, this thread creates a measure of stability by ensuring that all threads dealing with this topic are merged into one. Maybe you think the title is inflammatory, but that was the result of this fight. Everyone on ESB already knows what it was referring to even before opening the thread. And everyone now knows that this is the place to go if they want to post their views about what happened that evening.

If you don't, then don't enter the thread. It's that simple.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #1672
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
IB is a terrible moderator. I'm a moderator at a huge hockey website (bigger than this one easily) and threads like this and "whine at Mayweather" are just a joke. The thread first goes in a totally biased view and just creates flaming between members. It's idiotic to sticky the thread too, because that isn't the point of stickies.

**** off Meow you are nothing but a ***** (pun intended). this is the thread to end all TKO6 threads and has put an end to endless mental retards who keep talking like TKO6 never happened. If you do not want to see the damn sticky go back to the Hockey website you moderate

TKO6 4 life
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #1673
thesandman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 90

Quote:
Mate, you've been here a month. You should get the lay of the land before you start telling people how to run their forums.
You have no idea how many pages have been posted on this topic. Literally thousands.

There were a couple of threads hundreds of pages long prior to a couple of ESB crashes.

New threads on this topic were STILL being opened constantly. And every one within about 5 posts ended up a carbon copy of the previous ones.

This is a topic that simply has not gone away since the day of the fight.

Creating one, mega troll catching net of a thread was the best thing that could have been done.

It catches the genuine Klitschko nutjobs, the Klitschko fans that aren't too bad and like a wind up, the guys like me that while Im a Lewis fan, I like winding up nutters even more, and of course the blind Lewis fans.

It's great. The same posts keep repeating themselves every few pages. Hell, even Mongooses crazy movie posts fit right in. This is not a thread for rational discussion.

Honestly mate, just don't read it if you don't like it.

Oh. I nearly forgot.

"There's absolutely no doubt Vitlay would have gottem KO'd in the 7th"

TKO6.
thesandman is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #1674
haworths623
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 931

Quote:

I applaud IB for this, everyone who comes on here for a frank debate about boxing has to put up with 100 threads a day labout Vitali-Lewis and Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Oh and just for the record-

TKO 6!
haworths623 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #1675
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by haworths623 View Post
I applaud IB for this, everyone who comes on here for a frank debate about boxing has to put up with 100 threads a day labout Vitali-Lewis and Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Oh and just for the record-

TKO 6!
at one time i thought that we did not need a sticky about Manny and Money but it seems like the tards are slowly starting to creep back in now that Mayweather is not actively boxing (imagine him needed time to get back in ring shape after spending a few months in solitary?!). So I think it is high time that a sticky is made for anything Money/May.
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #1676
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
Mate, you've been here a month. You should get the lay of the land before you start telling people how to run their forums.
You have no idea how many pages have been posted on this topic. Literally thousands.

There were a couple of threads hundreds of pages long prior to a couple of ESB crashes.

New threads on this topic were STILL being opened constantly. And every one within about 5 posts ended up a carbon copy of the previous ones.

This is a topic that simply has not gone away since the day of the fight.

Creating one, mega troll catching net of a thread was the best thing that could have been done.

It catches the genuine Klitschko nutjobs, the Klitschko fans that aren't too bad and like a wind up, the guys like me that while Im a Lewis fan, I like winding up nutters even more, and of course the blind Lewis fans.

It's great. The same posts keep repeating themselves every few pages. Hell, even Mongooses crazy movie posts fit right in. This is not a thread for rational discussion.

Honestly mate, just don't read it if you don't like it.

Oh. I nearly forgot.

"There's absolutely no doubt Vitlay would have gottem KO'd in the 7th"

TKO6.
good post

Too bad rational discussion can't be had....

If there was a seventh round though........

I think it would have been more back and forth....Lewis had the upper hand as the sixth would show...Vitali's vision partially obstructed..Lewis most likely has the upper hand in the seventh but i don't think we see a KO from either iron chinned warrior.....no way the doctor lets it continue after another round though

a great fight, rematch would have been great...had the fight happened a few years earlier maybe a trilogy to rival Holy-Bowe....

and the thread continues
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #1677
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3689

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime1367 View Post

a great fight, rematch would have been great...had the fight happened a few years earlier maybe a trilogy to rival Holy-Bowe....

and the thread continues
It;s funny, but without a cut, I see Vitali and Lennox going to a decision every time they fight. And they probably go back and forth, at least for a while, every time they fight, too. They both have styles and attributes that would allow them to trouble one another...to no end, quite possibly.

A three fight series would have been fun to watch, that's for damned sure.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #1678
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
It;s funny, but without a cut, I see Vitali and Lennox going to a decision every time they fight. And they probably go back and forth, at least for a while, every time they fight, too. They both have styles and attributes that would allow them to trouble one another...to no end, quite possibly.

A three fight series would have been fun to watch, that's for damned sure.

I don't think Vitali - despite having heavy hands - possesses near the one-punch power of the pair who cold-****ed Lewis.

OTOH, as powerful as Lewis was himself, Vitali's chin is insane.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #1679
chinachin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

TKO 6 is all boxing needs to know.
chinachin is offline  Top
Old 09-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #1680
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

I don't think Vitali - despite having heavy hands - possesses near the one-punch power of the pair who cold-****ed Lewis.

OTOH, as powerful as Lewis was himself, Vitali's chin is insane.
LL had him hanging on like a drunken whore at the end of TKO6. Vitali does not have the defensive skills to not be put to sleep Vs a prime Lewis. (YES I know statistically he has great D but look at his comp)

Last edited by JASPER; 09-25-2012 at 09:32 AM.
JASPER is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum