Old 10-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #2086
Ilesey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: T.K.O. in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremen View Post
they did boo lewis. It happened. I heard it. The reason? They knew it was a robbery.
tko 6.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #2087
des3995
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5585

What?

I turned the tv off after the 5th..............

You mean Lewis won that fight?
des3995 is online now  Top
Old 10-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #2088
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

No matter how mad the Kli****s get, TKO6 will stand
Malden is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #2089
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
They did boo Lewis. It happened. I heard it. The reason? They knew it was a robbery.
You heard booing for the decision to stop the fight and cheering for Vits finally showing some heart. Still doesn't change TKO6, does it?
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #2090
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

Has anyone ever seen bremen in a non-klit thread? Or in a RBR thread even? Does this guy even follow boxing? Can he name a champ south of 147?
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #2091
Absolutely!
Fabulous, darling!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

One hundred and forty effing pages.

And Klitschko fans have the nerve to accuse us Brits of being delusional.
Absolutely! is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #2092
Todd498
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilesey View Post
tko 6.
rir 37
Todd498 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #2093
Meow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
They also boo Floyd in every fight including the ones with Mosley/JMM/Oscar, does that mean Floyd robbed them in 3 fights

Klit****s gon Klit.
Because Floyd didn't enter with the crowd on his back like Lewis did

Deal with it LennoxGays, he lost his entire fanbase when everyone realized Vitali is simply better

Rounds won against each other:
Vitali doubles Lewis, deal with it brit****s
Meow is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #2094
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #2095
ConserveWater
Journeyman

Quote:

Deal with it LennoxGays, he lost his entire fanbase when everyone realized Vitali is simply better

I know you are angry because of the lack of respect shown toward what I guess is one of your favorite fighters. Hence you yourself started showing a pretty sick display of respect towards others.
That's fine, this is an internet forum and banter/insults is all part of good fun.

A few things to keep in mind though and I think if you look at it from a non bias point of view (if you can) you will find that these things are pretty much true.

1-That was an old Lewis. Fighters carry weight differently. Lennox Lewis at 257+ on fight night is pretty much a dead man walking. Some fighters are able to carry excess weight a lot better than others. Rid**** Bowe is one who can probably fight at a pretty high level still despite being 10-15 pounds overweight. Lewis have shown nothing in his career to indicate this. He was overweight against Rahman and lost, he came back many pounds lighter and won. He is a super heavy who 10-15 pounds make a massive amount of difference.

Lewis was retiring and well on his way out even before the Tyson fight. He have been quoted multiple times that he wanted to retire after Rahman II and the only reason he want to fight Tyson is because he felt it was unfinished business.

This was a quote from Lewis as early as 2000 after Tua.

"To me, the only fight left is Tyson.Whatever happens(win or lose), I won't be around much longer.""

Lennox wanted to retire after Tua, he took a awful lot of punishment and went through some tough battles during his long career up to that point already and was going to call it. The only reason he fought Rahman was to get at Tyson, RahmanII happened because of the huge upset.

Do not be mistaken by the 'form' Lewis shown towards Tyson. That was just a past prime ATG looking good against a way past prime ATG. Lewis was done, Tyson was more done hence making Lewis look brilliant.

2- Vitali was the better man for 2 rounds that night. If you watch the fight from 3-6, you can honestly make a case for every round being razor close, Lennox landing the much bigger and more painful punches. A third round could have been given to Lewis easily, and it would have been 3 a piece.

3- At no point in the fight was Lennox ever in serious trouble, even that '2nd round' Lennox didn't look like he was at any moment going to be knocked out. He was in much bigger trouble against Briggs and Bruno. He always look tired, that's just the way Lewis fights. Every other fight, he looks like he's dying of exhaustion by mid rounds. By the end of 6, it look like Vitali was the one done.

4- With that cut, I just don't see Vitali coming back. He would have probably been blinded and suffer some sort of severe injury if the fight had gone on.

5- Lennox made a major mistake in not re matching Vitali. Even a past prime 38 year old Lewis should be able to UD a Prime Vitali in the rematch. But, let's be honest here. If Lewis had rematch and dominated Vitali people like you will just go on to complain that Lewis retired to duck Samuel Peter and Wladimir Klitscko. If Lewis had fought on to 39 and knocked out Wladimir, people like you will just complain that Wladimir was still 'green' at the time and Lewis should have rematched a 'prime Wlad'. There's always going to be something for people like you to hate about and to complain about.

Life can be laughter or it can be pain. Don't let a internet forum debate decide which one it is for you.
ConserveWater is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #2096
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Quote:

Fights won against one another:

Lewis eclipses VK.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #2097
bremen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConserveWater View Post
Lewis was retiring and well on his way out even before the Tyson fight. He have been quoted multiple times that he wanted to retire after Rahman II and the only reason he want to fight Tyson is because he felt it was unfinished business.

"To me, the only fight left is Tyson.Whatever happens(win or lose), I won't be around much longer.""

Lennox wanted to retire after Tua, he took a awful lot of punishment and went through some tough battles during his long career up to that point already and was going to call it. The only reason he fought Rahman was to get at Tyson, RahmanII happened because of the huge upset.

Do you care to provide any sources where Lewis mentions retirement before Vitali's fight?

Because:

"Question: Are you looking to fight twice this year?
Lewis: That is fair to say."

and that (skip to 6:20): "...and we can have another fight after that"
BORKED
bremen is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #2098
ConserveWater
Journeyman

Quote:
Do you care to provide any sources where Lewis mentions retirement before Vitali's fight?

Because:

"Question: Are you looking to fight twice this year?
Lewis: That is fair to say."

and that (skip to 6:20): "...and we can have another fight after that"
BORKED

I think we are mixing up a bunch of issues. My points is that Lennox should have rematched Vitali, but he was old and past prime. There is no way you can dispute the fact Lewis was almost 38 (not 36) and he had been in a lot of wars. Lennox was definitely past prime.

For sure, he should have rematched Vitali. Unlike most people I also acknowledge the fact a Prime Vitali vs a Prime Lewis is much closer than many think.

I will not become delusional though and say Vitali could have continued with the cut or he would have won that fight if it went on past 6. Nobody could have survived that fight with an injury like that.

Now do I think Vitali had a lot to do with Lewis retiring? Yes.
Do I think Lewis would have won that fight if it wasn't stopped? Yes.
Will I favor a Prime Lewis over a Prime Vitali? Yes. But it won't be a wide margin.

I don't get why people rage over a topic that's relatively easy to figure out. Lennox was taking punishment from Bruno in the MID 90'S and people want him to continue to take punishment in the mid 2000's? That's pretty ****ed up if you ask me. It's also ****ed up not respecting the doctor who definitely saved Vitali's career.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #2099
ConserveWater
Journeyman

Vitali's come back against Sameul Peter was one of the best moments in boxing.
I am one of the few who feels Vitali deserves to be called an ATG and not just a 'great h2h guy with a weak resume'.
His resume and greatness gets very underrated. This is obviously a troll thread so we can't really give respect to both fighters and we must take a side. That's fine by me.

Just wanna put out Vitali and especially Wladimir are great champions and great role models.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #2100
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConserveWater View Post
I know you are angry because of the lack of respect shown toward what I guess is one of your favorite fighters. Hence you yourself started showing a pretty sick display of respect towards others.
That's fine, this is an internet forum and banter/insults is all part of good fun.

A few things to keep in mind though and I think if you look at it from a non bias point of view (if you can) you will find that these things are pretty much true.

1-That was an old Lewis. Fighters carry weight differently. Lennox Lewis at 257+ on fight night is pretty much a dead man walking. Some fighters are able to carry excess weight a lot better than others. Rid**** Bowe is one who can probably fight at a pretty high level still despite being 10-15 pounds overweight. Lewis have shown nothing in his career to indicate this. He was overweight against Rahman and lost, he came back many pounds lighter and won. He is a super heavy who 10-15 pounds make a massive amount of difference.

Do not be mistaken by the 'form' Lewis shown towards Tyson. That was just a past prime ATG looking good against a way past prime ATG. Lewis was done, Tyson was more done hence making Lewis look brilliant.

2- Vitali was the better man for 2 rounds that night. If you watch the fight from 3-6, you can honestly make a case for every round being razor close, Lennox landing the much bigger and more painful punches. A third round could have been given to Lewis easily, and it would have been 3 a piece.

3- At no point in the fight was Lennox ever in serious trouble, even that '2nd round' Lennox didn't look like he was at any moment going to be knocked out. He was in much bigger trouble against Briggs and Bruno. He always look tired, that's just the way Lewis fights. Every other fight, he looks like he's dying of exhaustion by mid rounds. By the end of 6, it look like Vitali was the one done.

4- With that cut, I just don't see Vitali coming back. He would have probably been blinded and suffer some sort of severe injury if the fight had gone on.

5- Lennox made a major mistake in not re matching Vitali. Even a past prime 38 year old Lewis should be able to UD a Prime Vitali in the rematch. But, let's be honest here. If Lewis had rematch and dominated Vitali people like you will just go on to complain that Lewis retired to duck Samuel Peter and Wladimir Klitscko. If Lewis had fought on to 39 and knocked out Wladimir, people like you will just complain that Wladimir was still 'green' at the time and Lewis should have rematched a 'prime Wlad'. There's always going to be something for people like you to hate about and to complain about.

Life can be laughter or it can be pain. Don't let a internet forum debate decide which one it is for you.

GREAT post!!
JAB5239 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum